Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, now that we come back to this thread, let me just say something:

Quicksilver is one of the most complete/useful apps i have ever encountered. I was a butler fanboy once, but after trying QS for a while, there is no going back.

You can launch apps, search for files, control itunes, virutally anything (even browse your mac from the summoned QS window)

http://blacktree.com/apps/quicksilver/

EDIT:

Does anyone know of an app that will force every single URL click systemwide to open windows in new tabs instead of new windows? - it annoys the hell out of me to click on an email link and go to a new window.

seXXI mentioned a program called Tag in reference to PHP coding and previewing. Does anybody know where to find this, I have tried VersionTraker and Google (along with other engines), but I can't find it.

Edit: I knew once I opened my mouth I would find it. Here is the link.

--------------------------

I would also like to add:

xScope

Camera Helper is a terrific freeware utility for automatically importing files (image, audio, video, etc) off your digicam. Just connect your camera and bingo, files imported / app of choice launched.

Once the files on your local HD, Renamer4Mac handles batch renaming with incredible versatility and ease of use.

You WILL be happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I just discovered you control: desktops. Excellent virtual desktop software. Cool transition effects. Check it out here.

It is very cool. I just downloaded it to try out for the 15 days, but I have a problem. The second time I launched it, it switched to the Play desktop, crashed all apps except the Finder (Which it gathered onto the Play desktop leaving the Work DT empty), and then when I switched back to Work, it crashed the Finder...

WTF? It's such a cool app. The best implementation I've seen of Multiple Desktops yet, but it didn't seem to like me.

I'll see how it performs when I reboot.