• PowerBook 15"
    • PowerBook 17"
    • iPod 15
    • iPod 20
    • iPod 40
    • mini-ipod
    • PowerMac G4 Cube
    • A Pre-G3 Mac (Specify)

I chose the 12' g4 ibook. In fact this is what I recently got. My choice for this is sort of a long story. At work I used to do a ton of graphics work on an old g3 500hz desktop. I kind of hated it. OS9 didnt really appeal to me over xp.

When os10 came out, I was pretty impressed, but still had never sat down to use it. When I finally decided to go ahead and get a mac, the ibook just looked right for me.

I needed something portable and powerfull. As a photographer, I hated not being able to have my digital darkroom with me at all times. After pricing pc lappies, to get anything decent would have broken the bank, and they were pretty clunky.

Just as I talk myself out of a g3 ibook, because of lack of cdr on the base and all that hoo hah, apple goes right ahead and releases the g4 ibook. I was sold. I toyed with the idea of getting a powerbook, but couldnt justify the cost. I wasnt sure how well a mac would fit my lifestyle, or even if I would like being in the mac world or not.

I absolutely love this thing.

Many thanks for all the great developers here, whithout whos apps, I would never have thought of switching

iBook. I love laptops much more than desktops, but I usually need the power.

Also, Im going to bring this up AGAIN:

Half the things you listed aren't macs. Only the e,i,and powerMACs are Macs. Macintosh is a product line, not a type of computer (and the iPod isnt even a computer).

Originally posted by iory_yagamy@Jan 8 2004, 02:52 PM

(Y)  g5 double procesor 2gigs the fastest computer ever!!

There you go!! :woot:

Timmy: See what happens when I'm not around ? the site crashes.

Smeggy: Now that you have winexpose, you actually (believe it or not) wont be needing the SE20 anymore!! :woot:

Contra: Feel free to fix it anytime you literal :nerd:

Even when i just bought my Dualie 2.0 baby, i voted for the 20'' iMac.

If it came with a dual processor and 64 bit sweetness i would not hessitate to buy the iMac.

Also if i had a lot of money too, no need to buy thinking of the future expanson to 64 bit computing ;)

Originally posted by Seph@Jan 9 2004, 12:45 PM

Even when i just bought my Dualie 2.0 baby, i voted for the 20'' iMac.

If it came with a dual processor and 64 bit sweetness i would not hessitate to buy the iMac.

Also if i had a lot of money too, no need to buy thinking of the future expanson to 64 bit computing ;)

Stealing my Dualie 2GHz™ are you Seph? :banging:

On Topic; I've heard many more manufacturing complaints from the PB 15" than the latest iBooks (such as white-spots, case warpings, lid not closing straight).

Originally posted by es.xxi@Jan 9 2004, 12:54 PM

Stealing my Dualie 2GHz™ are you Seph?  :banging:

On Topic; I've heard many more manufacturing complaints from the PB 15" than the latest iBooks (such as white-spots, case warpings, lid not closing straight).

YUP! That's right, es.xxi. ;)

And Apple responded. Contact AppleCare. :lol:

I'd wait and see what comes out of it. :blink: