Milk-xp.org.uk

Originally posted by dappleyard@Jan 6 2004, 12:30 AM

I don't suppose you have them and could send them to me?

I don't have them. I just requested it in the icon thread. You could ask it from Max tho, since he gave you permission and all.

@ dappleyard & simon - it would be really great if you guys can work out a site to put all the themes and skins that related to osx emulations in one site. So that I can focus only only applications, system files icons, and other BIG SIZE files because bandwidth not a problem for me because I got 35GB per month. I hope you guys just started it right away, because I almost want to put it all on my site icons, cursor, skins, wallpaper as well as applications but it take a hell lots of time and I'm doing this alone.

So if you guys can assemble skins, themes, and icons on your site, and my site for applications and system files, we almost got a complete source for aqua emulations and we can just links our site together....let say for forums put the links to aqua-soft, skins & themes (your site) and applications & system files (my sites).

What do you think guys, its ok if you want to do it by your own because I am on halfway of finishing my new site that will put all files on one place, but if you guys agreed, I will put only system files and applications and pass the skins, themes, and icons to you.

WOW......can't believe I can type this long....

Originally posted by alang@Jan 6 2004, 12:40 AM

@ dappleyard & simon - it would be really great if you guys can work out a site to put all the themes and skins that related to osx emulations in one site. So that I can focus only only applications, system files icons, and other BIG SIZE files because bandwidth not a problem for me because I got 35GB per month. I hope you guys just started it right away, because I almost want to put it all on my site icons, cursor, skins, wallpaper as well as applications but it take a hell lots of time and I'm doing this alone.

So if you guys can assemble skins, themes, and icons on your site, and my site for applications and system files, we almost got a complete source for aqua emulations and we can just links our site together....let say for forums put the links to aqua-soft, skins & themes (your site) and applications & system files (my sites).

What do you think guys, its ok if you want to do it by your own because I am on halfway of finishing my new site that will put all files on one place, but if you guys agreed, I will put only system files and applications and pass the skins, themes, and icons to you.

WOW......can't believe I can type this long....

OK - That sounds like a fairly good idea - The sites's would have to be organised in the same way for them to integrate at all though. Something like this:

*Select a Suite:*

Milk

Cappuccino

Shinobi

Brushed

>>

*Select a category:*

Wallpaper

Skins

Styles

Icons

>>

*Select a program*

WindowBlinds

WindowsXP Styles

If this is completely different to how your site is organised, I think it may be better to go seperate ways on this one. We were planning to setup our own forum (as well as linking to Aqua-Soft), and try to make a bit of a community as well.......

Of course it is different because we are the different site. But what I'm thinking is just put a links on our site lets say skins it will forwarded to your site. And from the links application, it will forwarded to my site and the link forums will be forwarded to aqua-soft site. I think to setup your own forums that will discuss almost on the same things is not a good idea. Because we already have 2 forums that discuss on this already aqua-soft and aquaxp. For me it is better if we only have one forums. And then your site is only a download site for skins and my site is a download site for applications. And we just put a links to each other sites. And BTW all parties will keep sending visitors to each other sites.

Just my 2 cents.....

I agree that collaborating on this would be great, as long as our sites were organised the same way, as dappleyard has already said. But I'm not too sure about having Aqua-Soft as our forums. Basically it means stuff specific to one of our sites will be lost in all the other posts by other members here. Plus, I'm not sure how the admins would feel having us dump all our members on their message board. Oh, and we had stuff on our website that integrates with a forum.

But yeah, I'm sure we can work something out :)

Yeah.....you have a point there......for me I don't want to get a headache with a forums. Furthermore, if you look at the forums at my site http://www.dotwac.com, there is hardly a post one day even though I got 800 members. It is because most of the things is already been discussed here....So right now I would like to concentrate on download site only

Hi dappleyard!

I just managed to get hold of the milk theme for Yz Toolbar. :wub: Went over to your site and noticed that you do not have it hosted. Do you want it? PM me. ;)

And Stefanka has released the wonderful Snow VS. :lol: White enough to include on your site. :who's your daddy:

Have a good day everyone! :lol:

As far as Milk-XP goes, I'm afraid that I've had to take the site down for now. I've transferred about a gig in four days, and my hosting account just won't hold up to that kind of thrashing :D

But not to fear, all that content will soon be ported across to StyleSuites

Originally posted by alang@Jan 7 2004, 03:16 PM

amnesia is number two......

@dappleyard - yeah, when your site is done maybe we can discuss again. I'm also working on my new site right now....

Am I number three?

"When your site is done"? Hem-hem - OUR site. Get it right >.:lol:

Anyway, I'd better go and do some work now...