Itunes Multi-plugin

well this plugin started from the buggy titlebar skinner that i released a month ago, but now its improved a lot :D

here are the current features:

1. Skinning the titlebar.

2. Making multimedia keys when the iTunes window is not active (tested with an HP keyboard only).

3. Copying the current song name to the clipboard when you start listening to a song.

4. Making iTunes Always-On-Top when in Mini-Mode.

5. Always make iTunes Always-On-Top.

6. Finding the lyrics of the currently playing song (sometimes doesn't work well, especially with songs with non-english names, now im working on hebrew ;) ).

iTunesLittle.jpg

you should put the file in c:\Program Files\iTunes\Plug-Ins.

If that doesnt work put it in x:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins.

right click the titlebar to access the plugin's options ;)

hope you like this release (Y)

MPlugin.rar

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i downloaded it, it is SOOOO goood

it does everything it says on the tin!!

dont hesitate, download today!!

one thing - the titlebar in full mode isnt quite right colours, no biggie, but I cant see why it wouldnt be able to be fixed.

(Y) :canadian: :D :woot: :woot: :woot: :D :canadian: (Y)

------------------the BEST-----------------------

This may defeat the object of the plugin, but would it be possible to:

1) Make the titlebar skinning support left or right aligned buttons

2) Optionally show the menu bar (i.e. only skin the title bar, not the title and menu)

If not, it's still a very cool release :)

Even better, allow people to skin the titlebar using xml files and images in a predefined location :shy:

one thing - the titlebar in full mode isnt quite right colours, no biggie, but I cant see why it wouldnt be able to be fixed.

I noticed that glitch too. I've ResHacked localhost's plugin so now it has more accurate graphics for the corners and traffic light buttons.

By the way...Awsome plugin localhost!! Everyone needs to download it. (Y)

Hi, thanks for the plug-in! I've noticed that the plug-in's buttons look all jaggedy and a bit differently compared to the Mac's iTunes caption buttons.

Also, when the window becomes inactive, the caption buttons become distorted.

Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks again & take care,

Nando

Great Job localhost!! iLike very much. One uggestion though, has to do with the lyric finder. Thats a first I've seen for iTunes. maybe you should try to see if it works with EvilLyrics. Instead of displaying in the Windows Browser, which I think it does..haven't gotten it to work yet with my Opera. The lyrics display on sort of a notepad. Maybe you can do a calabo or just make your own plug-in for it. That would be greatly appreciated. Keep up The good Work. :who's your daddy: :who's your daddy:

just wanted to mention it works fine with evolution`s iTunes Sidekick 1.2.1
There is a 1.2.1?
Originally posted by Stevie BM@Jan 2 2004, 02:38 AM

This may defeat the object of the plugin, but would it be possible to:

1) Make the titlebar skinning support left or right aligned buttons

2) Optionally show the menu bar (i.e. only skin the title bar, not the title and menu)

If not, it's still a very cool release :)

Even better, allow people to skin the titlebar using xml files and images in a predefined location  :shy:

its very easy to do ;)

i'll do it in the next release...

about the xml, it will take me lifetime to learn parsing XML files, this is my first program in C++ :6

about the menu - you can still use it! its just harder to get there...

you have to click the place where the menu was when the window is inactive, or press Alt and then press down. you can navigate through the menus using the arrow keys.

one correction - iTunes Multi-plugin is NOT responsible for iTunes high handles count.

But one thing bugs me.

I disabled it once and can`t get it back working (i tried deleting it from plugins folder and adding it back again but it just won`t work although it`s in the Visualisermenu and it is marked)

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Jan 2 2004, 07:17 PM

one correction - iTunes Multi-plugin is NOT responsible for iTunes high handles count.

But one thing bugs me.

I disabled it once and can`t get it back working (i tried deleting it from plugins folder and adding it back again but it just won`t work although it`s in the Visualisermenu and it is marked)

open regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apple Computer\iTunes\loc[a]lhost ;)

i tried this plug, but it was having some trouble when maximized - i.e. the windows bar would be like behind and on top of your modded version. i would post a screenshot, but i'm working on a diff computer at the moment.

however when reduced to mini-mode, it worked like a charm.

haven't tested the other features out but will when i get a chance.

got a screenshot - i see your post that said that there wasn't anything to be done about it, but i thought i'ld upload it just so if others see this they'll know what it is and that there isn't yet a fix for it.

post-6780-1073089593_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by daclothe@Jan 3 2004, 03:26 AM

i tried this plug, but it was having some trouble when maximized - i.e. the windows bar would be like behind and on top of your modded version.  i would post a screenshot, but i'm working on a diff computer at the moment.

however when reduced to mini-mode, it worked like a charm.

haven't tested the other features out but will when i get a chance.

there is currently no solution for it other than minimizing and restoring the window when its maximized.

Unbeliever, it will take me some time to add the features everyone wants, be patient ;)

great plugin, adds a lot to itunes.

bug report: -when title bar is skinned, i can't click to put itunes in mini mode

-when i minimize and restore it goes to the same size (that i dont want) each time

-lyric search needs a bit of a tweak (lots of extra " with some songs although they are tagged correctly.

(2 and 3 already mentioned)

thanks for your hard work

Originally posted by corykg@Jan 3 2004, 03:40 AM

great plugin, adds a lot to itunes.

bug report: -when title bar is skinned, i can't click to put itunes in mini mode

-when i minimize and restore it goes to the same size (that i dont want) each time

-lyric search needs a bit of a tweak (lots of extra " with some songs although they are tagged correctly.

(2 and 3 already mentioned)

thanks for your hard work

the mini-mode button only works with iTunes 4.2. i think the second bug you mentioned is caused by it too.