Changing Icons in QuickLaunch

Ok, I figured it out...I can convert the .png file to a .gif file in ms photo editor, then I used IconShop to convert it to .ico -- the long way.

Now I have a questions...how do I change the my computer icon? I currently have it as an iMac...i'd love for it to be a powerbook (since I'm using a laptop)...

Originally posted by Over Achiever@Nov 13 2002, 10:21 PM

Ok, I figured it out...I can convert the .png file to a .gif file in ms photo editor, then I used IconShop to convert it to .ico -- the long way.

Now I have a questions...how do I change the my computer icon?  I currently have it as an iMac...i'd love for it to be a powerbook (since I'm using a laptop)...

i assume your using xp, you can do this in the display props, or use a program such as eicons, iconphile, or icon packager from stardock...

Im specialized in icons:

I have a tutorial for changing icons, you might want to check this tutorial and faq section on icons basically.

If you have pngs, and want to make icons, you need to make different sizes of the icon in a image editor (16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 72x72, 96x96, 128x128) and use an icon program to join all the formats in a multiple size icon.

If you need more specific info on how to that, let me know, and i can help you.

good luck,

later

yes some people out there do. I even find that the taskbar is more functional right now as we do not have a dock that handle's minimized apps. Object bar is cool and all but it takes up resources. Also when you have it set to replace the menu's, many programs are not compatible with it and cause the program to crash. To fix this i have found it easier just to turn that off but then whats the point of haveing a menu bar up top when all the menu's are in the window itself. Windows taskbar can still be a functional tool, especially with drag and drop, that object bar does not handle. It doesnt look as good as full on emulation but some people still prefer it. With most window's skins, it changes the taskbar to be smaller with rounded corners so it still look decent though