Yz Dock Shortcuts: how-to

fireball

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry...guess I didn't get what you were originally getting at...I just didn't see the need to take up dock space with an icon, when a single right-click does what you're asking....but anyway, now that I do understand, no - I don't know of a way to explicitly bring up the "settings" or "quit" options from an icon on the dock itself.

Originally posted by odyssey@Jun 6 2003, 05:46 PM

Thanks hallf.  Now, back to the original point.  Is there a way we can add a configuration shortcut to Yz Dock **in** the dock?  The same goes with quit--can we add a shortcut **within the dock** for that function?

OD

Hey odyssey, I always wanted to know this one thing too, but not until recently did I realize that it can be done easily using xp pro's built-in programs.

Use taskkill the way that the game batches work.

Link to: taskkill.exe or c:\windows\system32\taskkill.exe

Args1: /IM YzDock.exe

Voila, you can click the icon w/ those settings to close YzDock.

:)

• 1 month later...

Create a shortcut ...

Link To: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe

Work Folder : C:\WINDOWS\system32\

-s = shutdown

-l = logoff

-r = restart

additional arguments :

-t xx = delay before execution. ex: "-r -t 05" will restarts in 5 secondes

-f = force kill of all progs

to hibernate :

linkto : C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

arguments : powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

Work Folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\

your computer will standby or hibernate based upon the setting at:

Control Panel / Power Options / Advanced / When I press the sleep button on my computer.

Note : with these settings some computers will perform a "hibernate" instead of "standby" ... don't know why :shy: ... even though both will restore the system in the exact configuration it was before the command was launched (Y)

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there's an argument/command to make a dock icon act as a switch(toggle) for its associated app? First click and the app starts, next click the app quits, etc.

It would be good to have with stuck on desktop apps like samurize that don't have a right click quit option. Sucks having to go through the tray to quit.

oops sorry,

i just tried it though on y'z .8.3 and it worked:

Link to - C:\Documents and Settings\realitybath\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf

and it worked with or without this added too

Work Folder - C:\Documents and Settings\realitybath\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

maybe you have a different version of y'z?

I'm sure someone else 'll know... good luck.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

damn this... first of all..

1.where i can find option to make start Yzdock with Windows ?

I put Yzdock.exe in c:\winxp\system32\grouppolicy\bla..bla..bla..is it correct place?

2.can I put Menu start on Dock so I can unfold it and see all shortcuts in start Menu?

probably not

3.when i use icq, miranda etc. I cant see when my friends answer me as it used to show me on windows taskbar at the bottom (i dont wanna use this task bar anymore)

well...every application that is on taskbar is unreachable from yzdock...how can i make it maximized again?...object dock always displayed this stuff...

im reading now sticky topics...but you can help me anyway ;)

Originally posted by latzky@Feb 8 2004, 05:18 PM

damn this... first of all..

1.where i can find option to make start Yzdock with Windows ?

I put Yzdock.exe in c:\winxp\system32\grouppolicy\bla..bla..bla..is it correct place?

2.can I put Menu start on Dock so I can unfold it and see all shortcuts in start Menu?

probably not

3.when i use icq, miranda etc. I cant see when my friends answer me as it used to show me on windows taskbar at the bottom (i dont wanna use this task bar anymore)

well...every application that is on taskbar is unreachable from yzdock...how can i make it maximized again?...object dock always displayed this stuff...

im reading now sticky topics...but you can help  me anyway ;)

1. put it in the startup folder you see in the start menu.

taskbar properties > start menu > customize > add > continue the wizard and add y'z dock to the startup folder.

2. there's a start menu docklet.

3. there's a tasks docklet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by nullphi@May 5 2004, 06:08 AM

Is there a way I can have a submenu on the dock?

I want to right click a folder (or hover) and have a sub menu pop up.

Is this possible (without control+click)?

Thanks

middle click on it

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone!

i'm a new user of y'z dock and i was wondering if there is a way of adding a shortcut or something that allows me to connect/disconnect a dial-up internet connection...

some kind of icon that shows the connection status and also allows me to dsconnect with a click or something like that...

another cool thing to add to the dock would be some sort of task monitor... so that instead of using a docklet such as taskmenu for example, the open tasks would appear on the dock.

is this doable? could anyone here help me out?

thanx!

Bogdan

• 4 months later...

Dial-up Networking shortcut:

C:WINDOWSsystem32rasphone.exe "name of connection"

Eject CD Drives:

Paste this code into notepad and rename it eject.vbs. You can edit the file to choose which drive to open. Then get a nice "eject" icon and you'll be set. I had to use this recently. I disabled the eject buttons on my drive so my 1 yr old son wouldn't open them, and I just open them from my dock.

const Drive = "0" 'Edit this variable to change the corresponding drive

'Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next

Dim WshShell, chkOpen, RegEntry, RegCheck, ErrNum, wmp, cdroms

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set wmp = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7")
Set cdroms = wmp.cdromCollection

RegEntry = "HKCUSoftwareCDTray"

RegCheck = WSHShell.RegRead (RegEntry)
ErrNum = Err.Number

if ErrNum <> 0 then
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCUSoftwareCDTray", 0 ,"REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCUSoftwareCDTrayOpenClose", "1"
End If

chkOpen = WshShell.RegRead ("HKCUSoftwareCDTrayOpenClose")

If chkOpen = "1" Then
If cdroms.Count >= 1 then
cdroms.Item(Drive).Eject
End If
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCUSoftwareCDTrayOpenClose", "0"
Else
If cdroms.Count >= 1 then
cdroms.Item(Drive).Eject
cdroms.Item(Drive).Eject
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCUSoftwareCDTrayOpenClose", "1"
End If
End If

WshShell.Run "Taskkill.exe /F /IM WScript.exe", 0, TRUE

Set WshShell = vbnull
Set wmp = vbnull
Set cdroms = vbnull

• 2 months later...
Eject CD Drives:

Paste this code into notepad and rename it eject.vbs. You can edit the file to choose which drive to open. Then get a nice "eject" icon and you'll be set. I had to use this recently. I disabled the eject buttons on my drive so my 1 yr old son wouldn't open them, and I just open them from my dock.

i like this! i have 2 drives i'd like to control so i'm gonna do eject1.vbs and eject2.vbs. the thing is, there's a lot of 1's and 0's in the script and i'm not sure exactly what to change to, well, you see what i'm asking...