Yz Dock And Office 2003 Shortcuts

verbal

Originally posted by verbal@Oct 28 2003, 08:09 PM

The shortcuts in my start menu for Office 2003 apps work just fine.  But when I copy them to Y'z Dock and try to execute it from the dock it doesn't work.  Anybody know why?

Samething happens to CorelDraw... that´s because the shotcut links to a strange.

Try opening the office folder and taking the .exe files from there to the yzdock, should work.

They're windows installer type shortcuts. I don't quite know if that's a real name for them. But they aren't exactly like normal shortcuts.

I advise just creating your own shortcuts to the corresponding .exe. That should fix all your problems. All the 2k3 apps can be found in:

C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\

Deleted is right. The Office 2003 shortcuts in your Start Menu are not 'true' shortcuts. They are special links generated by the Office Installer. I'd suggest that you delete those shortcuts are create new shortcuts directly to the exe files.

Office apps are located in %systemdrive%:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\

Hope that helps.

there's a kkmenu.exe, which is kkmenu before it became a docklet, and it worked on both objectdock and y'z dock. since then, it was converted to an od docklet and now runs much smoother, so i've heard.

y'z dock users are still waiting for a similar menu docklet.

Originally posted by dreamz@Nov 3 2003, 08:44 PM

y'z dock users are still waiting for a similar menu docklet.

And it will only cost them $10!

har har. Sorry, No matter how great it is, i respect the guy's work, but am resentful at anyone who wants people to pay $10 for something that is an addon for a free program.

well, it was a pretty neat program he created, and he has every right to do what he pleases.

but maybe one of our docklet developers will come up with a menu docklet. you never know. or maybe some ****ie could come along and show off his skills. :)