Yz ToolBar themes

Goku

Ok I was with you untill this part. Anyone else figure out what he did?

Quote:

The elongated icon.....

It is a toolbar background picture, which showes the

to sides of the entire icon. ON IT, there is a fully

functional icon for yz toolbar.

The ADRESS AREA (rounded)..........

It is also a picture at the bottom, and on it there is

the listview box from windows wich is transparent.

Un Quote:

So did you use two icons for the one icon for Y'z Toolbar? If so how?!?! And what do you mean by "background picture"? Same for the address field. Is the image for the address field in Y'z or was it created in Vis Studio? If so (ie. created in Vis Studio), wouldn't resizing create a problem? And as for making the address field "transparent" how did you do that? Where is it at in the registry?! Thanks for your time and patience ;), Rob.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOME PEOPLE ASKED ME TO DESCRIBE HOW TO CREATE ROUNDED

ADDRESSBARS.

My english may be not enough to describe it, but I try.

Now let us begin!

Addressbar:

fact 1: The genuin win interface does not let us to use rounded list/combo boxes...

fact 2: The left side must be some sort of a rectangle. /pic1/

fact 3: The right side could be rounded. I mean only the button area.

fact 4: Impossible to place a bitmap under a listbox.

So we have to do something smart................

Long view button:

fact 1: In the genuin win gui the toolbar buttons have the same space for each other.

fact 2: If we try to stretch the long button into this space, it will look ugly.

U can see at picoaqua and in other themes /sorry/.

So we have to do something smart................

screenshot-1724.jpg

What we need?

1 Stylebulder

2 Xteq system x setup

3 photo editor

4 yz toolbar

5 time

the process:

You should make a multilayer system. /pic2/

screenshot-1725.jpg

You should make a yz toolbar theme.

My theme consists pngs at 32*32 pixels.

But the theme is 48*48. Which means more empty space.

In the theme I ve designed:

the center images of the elongated button hot and cool

/represented in pic 3 black frame/

and the views button images hot and cool.

screenshot-1726.jpg

You should make a Xteq system x setup toolbar picture for explorer windows and for ie.

You must be very accurate. count every single pixel.

On this picture u must create the same elongated button image.

This layer will draw the two sides of the image.

/represented in pic 3 thinner black frames/

On this picture u must create the left rounded part of the addressbar image.

This layer will draw the left side of the addressbar.

/represented in pic 3/

Once is done u can try what u created. when it is looks great go step 3

The right side of the addressbar.

Use stylebuilder.

Use the same source picture /eg. a mac ss/ as u did when u made the left side abowe.

be very accurate.

Make your own listbox/ listboxbutton images.

Once is done, try the whole thing.

Place the toolbars in explorer as shown in pic3. Lock them.

Unfortunately u have to do it on every single machine. cause all machines/settugs/measurements are Unique.

GOOD LUCK!

Well that helped out a lot thanks!! I think I see how you did it.

I created the images and got Y'z Toolbar taken care of. But where in Xteq system is the option to change the background? I looked over it in basic and advanced, nothing. Maybe I missed it, since I've got my pc hooked up to my tv in the bedroom (ie. the text is a little blured).

• 3 weeks later...

was anybody able to figure out what maximus explained in the tutorial?

maximus, why not sharing the yz toolbar theme you have created, and then tell us breifly what options to change in XQ.

That would just do the work for everyone, if you plan on sharing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please help us all acheive this:

screenshot-2247.jpg

whoever didnt get the xq app and doesnt know how to work on tha thing, please - just read above and get the app.

I'd appreciate any help on this - thank you!

Originally posted by Ken@Apr 12 2003, 12:23 PM

I think the long View button and rounded corners are part of the toolbar background, while the actual View button is just a narrower part of the whole.

Maybe then, I'm 100% wrong! :D

he just showed and explained in another screenshot, that its actually exandable..(search area)

so this is really good - I already made something out of it but i start having disbelief in it.

It is doable actually we just need his images and short breif of where and what to check on and off.. (in the Xq app).

thats ALL.

I have no idea of what maximus is talking about: You should make a Xteq system x setup toolbar picture for explorer windows and for ie.

You must be very accurate. count every single pixel.

On this picture u must create the same elongated button image.

This layer will draw the two sides of the image.

/represented in pic 3 thinner black frames/

On this picture u must create the left rounded part of the addressbar image.

This layer will draw the left side of the addressbar.

/represented in pic 3/

What type of toolbar picture? The Back Button? The Address Bar? The Entire thing like a screenshot? I have no idea of what he's talking about in the Step 3. Can someone clue me in?

by the way, iceman might work on it. Its not official, but i hooked him up with that stuff in here and he was quite amazed by it.

We actually figured this thing out - and iceman **MIGHT** create a cool theme based on that.

B) I dont know how long it would take, but hopefully soon.

bottons are functional like perfect. However they arent links like in the mac. they are full screen or crap like that (i personaly will never put that full screen item just so it can look like mac.. f*** the faking.. at least my shell window needs to be functional).

The address bar is real and fully functional.

- nzero: thats easy - he probably uses mircoangelo (look in google)

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't XP have a built in feature to change folder icons? I'm pretty sure it does. You can even add a picture to an folder for when it's in thumbnail mode like for album covers.

I know icon packager can change the icons for forlders as well.

Goku,

I, too have installed Iceman's Jag v2.01 theme...It is very nice, and although his Yz Toolbar Jaguar theme is good, I really like yours...A matter of fact (even Marvilla's great Yz Toolbar themes that are such quality work, that I have also D/L and put in Yz Toolbar background folder) I have yours installed presently! ;)

Originally posted by peteross@May 4 2003, 05:35 PM

could someone please make a milk objectbar based on max rudberg's milk? its kinda crazy how popular milk is yet nobody has done an accurate yztoolbar for it.

One is already in the works by cdbryan over at DT². Permission has already been granted from Max and also he is trying to get in touch with susumu for some other buttons. ;)

Originally posted by gahbmwM5@May 4 2003, 10:26 PM

Goku,

I, too have installed Iceman's Jag v2.01 theme...It is very nice, and although his Yz Toolbar Jaguar theme is good, I really like yours...A matter of fact (even Marvilla's great Yz Toolbar themes that are such quality work, that I have also D/L and put in Yz Toolbar background folder) I have yours installed presently!  ;)

thanks..

Actually the one you like so much was iceman's. The new one Im having now is also based on someone else's theme PICO, however i've changed most of it anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes: (i've tried to reach pico forever, but he is gone somewhere in japan, probably pushed into the subway tracks by a yakuza dude).

DOWNLOAD HERE

temp1.jpg

temp2.jpg

B)