Window Shading?

You can use windowblinds for that. You need to find a skin that does it, so sorry to say trial and error are the only options for this prog. It's shareware also. Probly not the best choice but it's there. I know that there is another but that's all I can think of right now.

edit:

is shading different from shadow in this sense?

i dunno about freeshade

i tried both, and freeshade takes up over a meg of memory, and only allows rolling, its also a bit harder to use..

on the otherhand winroll takes up ~336k of memory, allows the rolling of the windows and also has the option of making the ROLL AND the WINDOW TRANSPARENT with a scalable transparency level and it is mighty easy to use and still allows for double clicking of the caption bar to swing maximized.. where you lose that with freeshade.

with my duron 900 laptop with 133mhz spec ram, it only slowed down my y'z dock by 1 frame with all transparencies on.

i've got to go with contrasutra on this one, i'm a huge fan of free shade. Also, on my machine it takes up about 630k of memory and you can select right click to 'shade' windows and keep double left click to maximaze the window. I'd highly recomend feeshade.

I've been using freeshade for a while now but I just tried WinRoll and I gotta say I've converted! :D

It's much easier to use and best of all you can make your windows transparent just by middle-clicking! If only I'd a known about this app before :rolleyes:

What about resources? FREESHADE is impressively low on resources, and does its job quickly and hassle free!

Please, if this winroll is better i would love to give it a try, i just dont install anything that comes around anymore... dont want to upset the flimsy windows registry hehehe

Cheers

Seph

Originally posted by trueno92@Oct 15 2003, 05:57 AM

i dunno about freeshade

i tried both, and freeshade takes up over a meg of memory, and only allows rolling, its also a bit harder to use...blllaaaa

Over 1 meg? I'm sure that an average user these days have 256MB+ of memory on their comp. One MB is nothing.

• 2 weeks later...