[release] Croka99s Sys Files Installer

Hello, aquaxp's board is screwed up again and i'm unable to post there.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the installer? What should I do?

abort.GIF

*edit - well, I chose ignore and 4 or 5 more errors popped up.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmmm, did you have the file protection warnings popping up, while installing this, again I did, whihc i always presumed to be the sign that file modding was working. Other than that, Im not really sure why this wouldnt work, ill think some more though

Posted on: Oct 9 2003, 01:40 PM

Group: Elite Member

Member No.: 1553

Warn: (0%)

First of all, I would like to thank Croka99 for all his hard work to finally make an installer for Pack's System Files... I could only imagine the very tiresome efforts involved especially tweaking the shell32.dll...

Previously, I have manually installed all of Iceman's System Files for XP SP1 (of course) and was very pleased with the results, however the manual replacing 'wore a little on my nerves'...lol!

I had just completed a 'clean install' of my WinXP SP1 system, and the only file that has been modified is the uxtheme.dll, so that I could apply some great OSX style (msstyle) themes from our great themers...

Unfortunately, after installing this package, (21 MB) D/L from aqua-xp (thanks Shak for updating the link), after rebooting, I found only 1/4 of the icons replaced...Thinking that I needed to clear my 'icon cache'with TweakUI, it still remains the same...

On my Start Panel (WinXP Style), the Help & Support, Control Panel, Run, ect. did not change at all...all system folders were still the WinXP default (yellow), and after further investigation, I found out that my shell32.dll had not changed at all...Dialogs did not change...

Now, I use this laptop for fun, so another clean install is not a big deal...I do realize that any radical modification like this can cause these issues, and I am not unhappy, but slightly disappointed...I did notice that when the installer was performing, it did list files like Explorer.exe, shell32.dll, ect. as 'skipped'...

I did run the uninstaller, but this took (2) times to complete, with a lot of 'copy not performed' listed...please I really appreciate the efforts put forth for this, but I am just relating my experience...I am sure that other member will have complete success...

I just would like to 'find/figure' out why this happened with my very clean system of WinXP SP1....btw, I do have installed all the critical hotifixes for WinXP SP1, prior to trying this package out...Hopefully we as mature individuals, can work within our great communities and our very knowledgable collective membership, to come up with possible rectifiable solutions...

Regards

This was posted at aquaxp initially...all installations performed without any errors, but the final results less then what I desired...btw: WFP (Windows File Protection) did come on acouple times, so I assumed that all was going to be fine...

i actually had the exact same experience with mine installation as gahbmwM5's... files showed up in the installation as 'skipped'. also, on the uninstall, i got the 'copy not performed' and the entry on the add/remove list did not delete (if i clicked on remove again, it actually looked like it was performing the uninstall all over again). I did get all of the file protection popups, so i thought i was good to go, but like stated in earlier posts, only a few changes were actually implemented. I don't want to give up, it looks like it's close to success...

:Jewish: (this is what i look like, "aquajew")

Originally posted by es.xxi@Oct 9 2003, 03:43 PM

Can I look smug yet ;)

gahbmwM5 have you tried both installers in normal and safe modes?

your getting a little bold :rant: instead of posting comments trying to glorify yourself, why not try and solve the problem!!!!

Originally posted by es.xxi@Oct 9 2003, 03:43 PM

Can I look smug yet ;)

gahbmwM5 have you tried both installers in normal and safe modes?

es.xxi,

No reason to...We all are here to experience the wonderful work and efforts of all who make our communities so grand...

Take the example of Three Drives who is currently developing a msstyle theme based on an OSX Panther OS...he has been graciously assisted by Iceman, KoL, ja450n, and other fine talented members that we are so fortunate to have...

Everyone is contributing so that all our membership may enjoy...that's the true beauty of the Aqua Commuinities and the spirit that should be displayed...

;)

es.xxi ... when your mod pack install work snay better, you might even think of it, until then? No you can't.

As I have said else where, NEITHER of these have made significant changes on my system. I uninstalled what hotfixes I could, and no better.

So what gives guys?

Cheers

Originally posted by Photo678@Oct 9 2003, 10:03 PM

your getting a little bold :rant: instead of posting comments trying to glorify yourself, why not try and solve the problem!!!!

Excuse me! I suppose 'did you try both installers in safe mode?' isn't a helpful comment is it? No, of course not I should go around advertising my installer in other people's threads shouldn't I, like a certain someone.

CAClark

es.xxi ... when your mod pack install work snay better, you might even think of it, until then? No you can't.

I presume you mean 'stay better'. If both installers don't work I highly doubt it's mine AND croka99's installers being faulty but probubly either your computer just won't accept the changes or your not following instructions.

gahbmwM5

es.xxi,

No reason to...We all are here to experience the wonderful work and efforts of all who make our communities so grand...

Take the example of Three Drives who is currently developing a msstyle theme based on an OSX Panther OS...he has been graciously assisted by Iceman, KoL, ja450n, and other fine talented members that we are so fortunate to have...

Everyone is contributing so that all our membership may enjoy...that's the true beauty of the Aqua Commuinities and the spirit that should be displayed...

Yes, I'm sorry but sometimes I just get pissed off with people.

Easy guy, my comment wasn't meant to be rude as it may have sounded. I HAVe followed instruxtions, run both in safe mode, removed as many hotfixes as windows will allow, but neither fully modefy eveything they are supposed to, for example, file copying still have flying yellow folders, HOWEVER, file downloading has the aqua style. So I dunno what the deal is, but it isn't inherrently a problem my end, more a potential generalised failure if the installers to replace the files required. I'll keep trying though :)

Cheers!

hello all, i would prefer that i do not get in the middle of a flame war here, but i have noticed that im the only one here to actually try to fix my installer!

i have rewriten the whole installer from scratch!!!!

and i have tested my installer on a fresh windows xp install, so i know it works flawlessly.

check aquaxp.com often for updates!!!