Best Aqua Skin For Windows Blinds

Shak

well there's

- OSXP

- OSXP NG (revision I think)

- AquaXP

- Iskin

those are the ones I use (not all a the same time!), there's also some windows XP/Aqua hybrid things but that's not really my taste. I think all skins have something going for them, they are all very professional done and all look awesome.

And don't forget Iceman's theme, which looks fabulous but will NOT run on anything else but Windows XP (grrr..damn you windows 2000! :) )

these skins are mentioned widely across the board, so you should have no problem finding 'em and checking them out. Enjoy!

I'm already in the process of creating a WindowBlinds aqua skin. I have permission from Iceman to convert his to WB but I'd rather create my own from scratch. I have a ton of screenshots and resources that I got off a Mac here and I've started the creation.

I'd rather wait and create one for WB4 but there's no specific release date and I'm tired of waiting so I'm going to go ahead and get to work now.

Expect my aqua WindowBlinds skin sometime hopefully near the middle of January since I have until January 19th off for winter break. If there are any certain screenshots I need I'll make sure to post them here.

So are you saying I should not work on one?

I was going to start working on mine tomorrow. Since a few people have asked and a friend of mine has been begging me to do one since forever.

But I don't want anyone giving me grief. So.. I guess I will put it off some more.

No I'm not saying to stop at all. Go ahead and make it. Multiple copies of something similar are always good. People like different things. I mean, we have 3 different docks and not everyone likes the exact same one, so it's not going to hurt.

I'm also making an exact ObjectBar skin based off of the exact mac os x menus and stuff, so it's not a big deal. Good luck! :)

Well, I do know about OSXP. And I don't mean any disrespect. But there is a few things about it that I don't like. And.. I like doing my own anyway. And like I said before it's been requested from me from not just people here but my friends on my messager who use my themes.

Well, like I said, if anyone has a problem with it I won't do it.

Ya, I posted a few complaints about judges osxp theme back in another thread. Judges theme is great. There are just some things I would like to change. I have been trying to change them myself, like you guys are have done with your complaints about skins, but I have been very unsuccessful. Skinstudio is a pain in the ass. I have the trail version. Are you guys using the full version cause I have had no luck changing anything. Maybe I need the full version. What are you guys using??

If anyone wants to check out what I thought needed to be fixed check it out here. Again it is an amazing skin, it just needs some minor things here and there to be tweaked, I think.

judge, since you obviously know a bit more about windowblinds, here's a question:

Do you know of any issues applications might have with windowblinds? for instance macromedia flash 5 ( I use it a lot) has trouble with the menus and fireworks mx has troubles too.

I already posted this somewhere else but maybe you know a bit more?

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Yes I know I have been giving you grief hehe,

But you are just my only source, I have used other themers themes but NONE compair to you, please do make the aqua and impress me ones again..

But then again I know you are busy with other themes. I'm looking forward for your newest one.

:D:D:D

Originally posted by lombdude@Dec 19 2002, 09:05 PM

judge, since you obviously know a bit more about windowblinds, here's a question:

Do you know of any issues applications might have with windowblinds? for instance macromedia flash 5 ( I use it a lot) has trouble with the menus and fireworks mx has troubles too.

I already posted this somewhere else but maybe you know a bit more?

I have Macromedia flash 5 and MX, and I use them both extensively, I have never had any problem with them I do use WB as well with Smoke's skins, it works just great for me, but I'm also not saying WB is perfect, same goes with MSStyle, If a program doesn't like to be skinned I.E Trillian I just add it to my excludes so WB doesn't try to theme it, samething goes with OB some programs don't like to have there File menu bar removed so they like to crash thats easely fixed adding it to exclusion and WB or OB just ignores it and life goes on happily.

I hope this helps.

:huh: