Iphoto - First Dev Release

REQUIRES AQUACONTROLS !!!!!!

Ok guys here's the first version. There's not much things functional and I had to disable a few things to get it stable fair enough.

Click on this link and read carefully instructions/comments while downloading:http://mapage.noos.fr/levernoy/iPhoto-Pre0.01.rar

About Sections :

1) IMPORT : nothing done yet here, i'll see at the end

2) ORGANISE :

To create an album :

- press + button

- drag/drop JPG ONLY to the thumbnails viewport (avoid drag/drop hundreds of pictures, 10 to 30 should be enough)

The options panel is not functional. You can't search, nor asign any category to a picture.

Though, the slider IS functional, and that's cool :D

3) EDIT : nothing is functional except you can select part of the image, well, you'll see ...

4) SHARE : doenst' do anything, just interface features here

Suggestions :

What I would like is comments about interface features and usability. Besides, you'll see clearly what I need in terms of visuals (screenshots), buttons that don't press and stuff like that.

I would also like to know what you think about speed in general. Don't tell me the faster, the better, i know that laugh.gif . I want to know those of you who wouldn't use this app because of speed issues. Of course, it's only the beggining and you can expect optimisations in next releases.

Hope you enjoy my really-dam-hard-work, coz doing an iPhoto is really a pain in the a** ... but it worth it !

And here's the screenshots as usual :

pre1.JPG

pre2.JPG

pre3.JPG

Originally posted by ZzPcPzZ@Dec 8 2002, 04:32 PM

hmm... err the scrollbar doesnt skin on it for my computer... maybe thats a bug...

but it does look nice, maybe the main release will use lessresources and be faster =]

You did not read instructions!!! did you ?? :lol::lol::lol:

Well tell me what u think exactly, what's the problem to you? risizing the window, thumbnails resize, edit mode, tell me !

Great looking. But thats about it. It looks fantastic but the buttons need to be functional. Obviously, I know you are working on this. There are just a couple of minor visual fixes you could make.

1. The title bar needs to be slightly larger type, and bolder

2. The scrollbar is a little messy, fix it up

3. Organize is spelled, O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-E

After that, mostly just make the buttons functional and it is practicly a perfect port; and it will have to recognize cameras also but thats a tough one! ;)

This is amazing! Stash, you've done a fantastic job and I can't wait to see how this develops! I also had the problem mentioned above where the program crashed on clicking the "+", but I reinstalled the aqua controls and now it works just fine. If I find any good iPhoto pix on the web, send them along. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Ken

Hey stash...looks great. I might suggest you check out the vbAccelerator S-Grid control. I've made an "aqua-fied" version that is distributed with the AquaControls. It shows up in the Componenets list as "vbAccelerator Grid Control (VB6 version)". This is a very powerful control and doesn't flash like the MS controls do. Check out S-Grid documentation and samples here. Let me know if you decide to use it. I've added functionality to better handle images in the grid.