New* Xwindows Dock Crippling Memory Bug (50% Cpu Usage) Temporary Solution Found!)

venomite

Before I begin, I must say that this Dock is Legendary, the only reason why I have been able to endure this Bug is because This is the Greatest Dock I have ever used no doubt/ ^_^

I am Madly In love with this Dock, :wub: even though I am running out of options, I respect the author too much to alter it for my own Good

switching to another dock would always make me feel like something is missing. :mellow:

Type:

This is permanent bug, there is no On or Off switch, it will still eat CPU even after restart.

How was the Bug Formed?

This Bug Forms when I copy or Delete Huge amounts of Data (2Gs+), <_<

Info: XWD v5.6+

Before: the dock was very efficient, 0% CPU Used on Idle, 10-20% Cpu when magnified

After: 39-50% CPU on Idle, and 50% CPu usage on magnify, meaning the memory is bugged

See photo in attachment

Solution: I've found a solution, but its a very inefficient and time consuming solution:

I have Created a new Windows user account and Opened XWD

within that user, and everything was working fine, the dock did not lag and used 0% CPU on idle.

meaning that this Bug is Appdata Related, Hkey Current User related, or mainly user related. :(

Other than Creating a new user account each time the bug occurs, I've been trouble shooting the cause: :ph34r:

I started the PC normally and opened XWD, and ended all application & 3rd party Processes leaving XWD running by itself along with

Important Windows Process like Svchost, Client Runtime, and Host Processes

I even ended Desktop Windows Manager, Explorer.exe and Search indexer in hopes of finding the True culprit with no luck <_<

Next I used Advanced System Care to Run a full Scan on my Registry: 0 Problems Found!

I also did Defragment and found numerous problems but Defragment did not solve my issue

then I used Spyware Doctor to make sure that the Culprit wasn't some sort of Virus

The Only System Files that are altered are:

Imageres.dll

authui.dll

explorer.exe

explorerframe.exe

however this problem Occurred long before I began to Theme My Computer :o

The Only thing I can think of now is Running ComboFix.exe which has fixed many things for me in the past but its a risky Operation and is not worth it if it doesn't end up working.

Or Buying a computer with 8 Cores to make this Cpu bug insignificant... :lol:

I'm Positive that the Culprit is NOT XWindows Dock.exe, as the same file worked fine in another user.

Please Help Me Bring Justice to this Culprit!

If you are Kind Enough to Help, My XWindows Dock Log Files are always available Upon Request! :D

In other situation i'd ask you what windows version do you has installed, but (sadly!) XWD 5.6 (and more sadly XWD 2) development suspended. Actually stopped. Bright side -- XWD 5.6 is open source. Dark side -- it's writen on relict language called Delphi (actually it's Pascal with object oriented features) -- it's supported no more and it's commercial, so you must buy distribution to code in it (well, post-USSR territory residents get it free due to saint pirates, so there is no problem for ya, if you in their rows, yarrr!)... So if you're smart enough to code and tough enough to endure Delphi (+ a some DirectX), you can code features yourself. If you don't understand yet, i hate Delphi :)

Edited by Ipsen
  • 2 months later...

In other situation i'd ask you what windows version do you has installed, but (sadly!) XWD 5.6 (and more sadly XWD 2) development suspended. Actually stopped. Bright side -- XWD 5.6 is open source. Dark side -- it's writen on relict language called Delphi (actually it's Pascal with object oriented features) -- it's supported no more and it's commercial, so you must buy distribution to code in it (well, post-USSR territory residents get it free due to saint pirates, so there is no problem for ya, if you in their rows, yarrr!)... So if you're smart enough to code and tough enough to endure Delphi (+ a some DirectX), you can code features yourself. If you don't understand yet, i hate Delphi :)

Yep, and 2.0 is open too now.

• 1 month later...

My XWD 64bit in Win7 keep using around 6% of CPU normally which is always the top one or two processes in my pc. However yesterday I found XWD strangely kept hogging my CPU at around 56% and slowed down my machine obviously. I could only kill it and restarted it.