Changin Trash Icon

Draskher

Hi everyone i try using the search forums but i dint found a answer for this

I want to change the trash or recicle byn icon so i right click and them go to edit and change the icon but when i empty the trash the icon change to the original and i have to changed it again and if i delete a file the icon changes again

So if there a way to make the recicle byn not change the icon when i empty or delete a file?

Thanks and sorry the bad english

Hi everyone i try using the search forums but i dint found a answer for this

I want to change the trash or recicle byn icon so i right click and them go to edit and change the icon but when i empty the trash the icon change to the original and i have to changed it again and if i delete a file the icon changes again

So if there a way to make the recicle byn not change the icon when i empty or delete a file?

Thanks and sorry the bad english

--------------------------------------------

for xwd2.0

1st step (for changing icon when it's empty: empty recyclebin-> righclick recyclebin, click properties-> drag icon (.png) you like when it's empty, close

2nd step (for changing icon when it's full: delete someting like folder,pics,etc.-> righclick recyclebin, click properties-> drag icon (.png) you like when it's empty, close

for xwd5.6

you need to edit the the skin (.xwd)(by changin the image of icon of recyclebin) to change the icon's on recyclebin..

• 1 month later...

--------------------------------------------

for xwd2.0

1st step (for changing icon when it's empty: empty recyclebin-> righclick recyclebin, click properties-> drag icon (.png) you like when it's empty, close

2nd step (for changing icon when it's full: delete someting like folder,pics,etc.-> righclick recyclebin, click properties-> drag icon (.png) you like when it's empty, close

for xwd5.6

you need to edit the the skin (.xwd)(by changin the image of icon of recyclebin) to change the icon's on recyclebin..

How to I do that, I have been trying to change the Trash Icon for like an hour now. Do you mean that I have to right click on the dock then on preferences? If yes, then after that where do I go, I've looked everywhere and can't find anything. If no, then how can I edit the whole skin/open the .xwd file?

I've also tried to manually change the icons through the skins folder but it doesn't work. Every time I start the program again, the old icons come back. Editing the Trash from the dock doesn't work too. Well basically the same problem that Draskher experienced.

It seems quite easy for the 2.0 version though.

Edit Dec 10: I've switched to ObjectDock, I'll probably gonna get a better support there.

Edited by pepel13
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Enough of the indirect crap, lets cut straight to the Solution!

A Flawless Win in 12 easy steps: :lol:

Straightforward solution:

Step 1: open start menu and type in "show or hide common icons on the desktop"

step 2: open it and leave it open

step 3: makes sure that the recycle bin is ticked

step 4: go to this site and download Icon packager

step 5: install icon packager

step 6: download my attached file containing 2 PNG's

step 7: extract the 2 PNG's to your Xwindows dock directory

step 8: open Icon packager and click on "icon and curors"

step 9: right click on "Recycle Bin (Empty)" and replace with the Empty Trash Icon

step 10: do the same for "recycle bin (full) " but replace with the Full Trash Icon

step 11: Click the "apply changes" button

Step 12: Unclick the recycle bin icons if you want that shit our of your desktop. :lol:

Mission Accomplish Bro! if you have anymore questions let me know, I have Extraordinary theming knowledge :P

Venomite's leopard Trash Icons.zip