Help Center For V5.6

Panta

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm getting an access violation when i try to open the preferences window. after i click ok, the preferences window opens but the OK button is inactive even after a setting is changed. and the list on the left of the window has no text, just icons.

not that big of a deal since everything is already customized how i want, but if i want to change something later or switch skins, can't do it.

this happened after i installed the XTasks v0.1 docklet. i thought that might be the culprit. so i uninstalled it and the problem persists.

=/

post-82394-1236193896_thumb.jpg

post-82394-1236194016_thumb.jpg

Edited by xcadaverx
i'm getting an access violation when i try to open the preferences window. after i click ok, the preferences window opens but the OK button is inactive even after a setting is changed. and the list on the left of the window has no text, just icons.

not that big of a deal since everything is already customized how i want, but if i want to change something later or switch skins, can't do it.

this happened after i installed the XTasks v0.1 docklet. i thought that might be the culprit. so i uninstalled it and the problem persists.

=/

try renaming the 3 xml files and see if any of them are messing with the dock? If not, backing up the xml files, re-installing XWD, and replacing the xml files should fix it.

edit: woops, fixed.

Edited by AndrewYY

Hello, Could someone please tell me how to disable UAC for X Windows Dock? This question is of course in regards with the pesky (infamous) error message I receive upon startup.

-I know that trying a reinstall (in places other than Program Files) usually fixes this problem, but after many reinstalls, I am getting no where, I just want this to end so that this program runs smoothly.

Thanks! :)

@newgriptape: I was talking to Andrew; now, please, stop double-posting! :angry:

Regarding UAC, you don't disable it for a single application; this is done for the system as a whole.

Edited by Panta
@newgriptape: I was talking to Andrew; now, please, stop double-posting! :angry:

Regarding UAC, you don't disable it for a single application; this is done for the system as a whole.

Okay, I have tried disabling UAC, and I have tried a clean reinstall many times. It still shows this error upon startup.

-Btw, I'm sorry for the double post. I am not deliberately doing that...

In my experience every time a clean install is done this message appears at the first run - I suspect it's due to the absence of the *.xml files (or, at least, DockItems.xml) - but if you click OK, then XWD will run normally (I'm on Vista 32-bit and this scenario always occurs, but only this one, as I have UAC disabled).

why on startup my dock having cut and moved to left side having icon cut and some are lost..im using objectbar.they put on left side..why in other dock is normal..stil in center. and also having error code like everyone does..mybe i have to rest shorty using this dock..til not stable.

why on startup my dock having cut and moved to left side having icon cut and some are lost..im using objectbar.they put on left side..why in other dock is normal..stil in center. and also having error code like everyone does..mybe i have to rest shorty using this dock..til not stable.

Can you give us a screenshot perhaps, and what OS version are you on?

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but there seems to be a conflict with avedesk and XWD, every time avedesk is open the magnification doesn't work

close avedesk and it works fine :huh: Anyone else have theses issues? I'm running vista.

By Panta: moved.

Edited by Panta

Hi,

I got a little problem with minimizing to the dock. Normally if I got several windows of the same program running at the same time (like safari) and I want minimize one of them, the other ones will too! What can I do?

Thanks for ur help!

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but there seems to be a conflict with avedesk and XWD, every time avedesk is open the magnification doesn't work

close avedesk and it works fine :huh: Anyone else have theses issues? I'm running vista.

By Panta: moved.

It's a known bug, AveDesk 1.3 doesn't have the problem.

its also happen to me posted #186 post by mewky...

do u knw how to fix this on startup.its same like mine..

if u wna know what im talking about..just try objectbar and xwindows dock on startup.. while from other dock its start normal..

i have new version 5.6+ nw.

tnx

I've come up with a great fix for a bug in the latest version. I did have my settings like this:

Cache items in Ram for faster viewing (checked)

image width = 200 pixels

Image height = 200 pixels

Number of visible items = 5

Space between items = 11

Item to Reflection Ratio = 1/3

Things were working well except like every 1/10 images wouldn't render and it would preview as just a black image. The name would show up and if I clicked it my image would popup but no preview. Now I use xwindows dock primarily for the gallery feature so I was a little bummed but this time I can cache the items so they go faster. I mainly use this to change my wallpapers in an attractive manner I'm a big wallpaper guy. So anyways I fooled around and fixed the bug by myself. I set the settings to these:

Here are my gallery settings:

Cache items in RAM for faster viewing (checked)

Image width = 180 pixels

Image Height = 180 pixels

Number of visible items = 11

Space between items = 11

Item to Reflection ratio = 1/3

But this fixed the random black box (I think because I set the visible items higher and this in turn gave the gallery time to load the picture before it became visible to me. So there was no problem in rendering? that's just a guess. Anyways there was still a problem that remained. That was I couldn't then see my last two pictures in my gallery because although they were loading correctly they were out of view (due to the 10 items at once deal)

UPDATE:

You also have to create 3 bmp images and place them in the folder that you have a gallery. I'm not sure how to make them go to the end of the gallery because I cannot figure out Boobah's sorting system. If Boobah could tell me how he sorts the pictures then this would fix not being able to see the last 3 pictures.

UPDATE 2: After messing around some more I've found that they are generally sorted by date modified. So in some instances just making 3 new bmp files works but in others the bmp files end up in the middle of the gallery? Still curious about this and I'll get back to you if I figure it out.

Edited by scissorhands7