Help Center For V5.6

Panta

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@iApple: search is your friend... a quick search for XSkinMaker retrieved this as the fourth link: XWindows Dock v5.2.3

If you browse it backwards you'll find a post, by shishimaru if I'm not wrong, that explains the steps needed for that version; look at it to get a grasp of how things work, then try editing Config.txt of the new version and recreate it...

ps:@shishimaru: a new tutorial would be really nice! ;)

.What I meant......is like in rocket dock the minimized chat window bounces when you receive a new alert .... similiar effect is not available in Xwindows dock 5.6.

Hmmmm... The only thing I'd see would be Monitoring, but as far as I know that's only for monitoring files inside folders. Sorry I can't be much more help...

.What I meant......is like in rocket dock the minimized chat window bounces when you receive a new alert .... similiar effect is not available in Xwindows dock 5.6.
By searching before posting you'd see that this is a feature already requested! So, yes, it's missing for now... :slant:

Hi all.

I guess my post is about help, but I am not 100% sure. So:

I am watching xwdock with processmonitor and in "standby" I can see this infinite loop:

processmonitorot2.jpg

My need of help is to know if this is normal.

Thank u.

PS: by "standby" I'm saying that xwdock is not doing anything, but staying on my bottom screen being pretty.

Edited by tekNerd

I found a little while ago the dock icons that were the words of the item that I wanted to use. I thought they were great, but my system crashed, and I would like to find them again so I could rebuilld my system to what it use to be. I would really appreciate any help that could be offered to me.

I Thank Anyone now that could help !!!

By Panta: please use plain text when posting; no need for using bold all over. Besides, there's already one help thread. dry.gif

Edited by Panta
Warning added
I found a little while ago the dock icons that were the words of the item that I wanted to use. I thought they were great, but my system crashed, and I would like to find them again so I could rebuilld my system to what it use to be. I would really appreciate any help that could be offered to me.

I Thank Anyone now that could help !!!

Google this: dock text icons ;)

Some results:

http://danfreeman.deviantart.com/art/Simpl...-Icons-81525634

A recommendation from another Aqua-Soft thread: (it pays to search previous posts from time to time)

http://seanfletcher.deviantart.com/art/Spe...ut-v-2-21038058

By Panta: moved along with the previous post.

Edited by Panta
Google this: dock text icons ;)

Some results:

http://danfreeman.deviantart.com/art/Simpl...-Icons-81525634

A recommendation from another Aqua-Soft thread: (it pays to search previous posts from time to time)

http://seanfletcher.deviantart.com/art/Spe...ut-v-2-21038058

I thank you incredibly a Hell Of A Lot !!

By Panta: moved along with the previous post.

Edited by Panta
im getting an error message after the install xwindowdock

[snip]

if someone can help :rolleyes:

Various things could be causing this. If the error renders XWindows Dock useless, try a clean reinstall, or delete all of your preference files (and let XWD create new ones). You might want to say what exactly what you were doing at the time it gave you the error (what apps were open, what system you're running on, if you were changing settings in XWindows Dock, etc.) If you are a Vista user, try disabling UAC for XWindows Dock and see if that fixes it.

straight from my post in the faq suggestions thread... which Panta has yet to turn into a faq.

Edit: and the maximized windows part is a setting you have to adjust somewhere. I don't use it, so I don't know where it is.

Edit2: The setting is "height of reserved screen area" under the "panel" tab. Change it to something larger to fix your issue ;)

Edited by AndrewYY

i restart the pc and install without problems ... but now im having a problem for widnows do let xwindow run when windows start. appeares a ballon with this

68985_sem-titulo.jpg

someone know whow to do for windows do unlock xwindow to run in start up???

ty

its normal when i restart the computer and the separator i delete appeares again .. and some icons i change desappear????

do not double post - use the edit function - thanks - mps69

Edited by mps69

Hi, im trying to install this theme and i wanted to know if someone could help me because when i install styler and try to change the top menu buttons like he says its not changing...??

This is a pic of what im talking about

problems.th.png

forget the last post i figured it out but does anyone know how to hide the "file" "edit" "veiw" "favorites" "tools" "help" buttons

Do not double post, used the edit function - thanks mps69

Edited by mps69

I have a problem, its really weird... before in v 5.2.3 (or something like that) reflection was working... i hadnt updated in a while so i decided to check and wow! yay, 5.6..... i deleted the whole xwindowsdock directory but winhook.dll was left and was denied... i just install over... no luck on reflection or screen reservetion and i got that error message on first start... i deleted it again... winhook.dll dissapeared and i did two other installs with no results... same error, no screen reservation, no reflection sleep.gif... another clean install... after running CCleaner got rid of the error... the screen reservation is working... window reflection too, but still no icon reflection... ohmy.gif what now?

(edit) stack themes seems to be having a difficult time applying... (images) the folder themes only change if i change the stack icon and the stack labels dont change (they are supposed to change to black/white) (they are still siver/black) the grid theme doesn't change, I'm using the iLeapord theme... not sure if he included stack themes... although he did before... yes it is the 5.6 version

(edit) upun restart of my laptop, i got the appliction error... still no reflection...

Dell Latitude d410 Pentium M 1.73gigahertz processor Intel®graphics .99 Gigs of RAM

Windows XP 2000 Home Edition

P.S. A seperator should only appear if there are objects on both side of it... it's irritating...it should be addressed in the future

P.P.S. bug that has needed to be addressed for a while now... the reflection of windows stay on the dock after you close or minimize a window until you hover over the dock

P.P.P.S X Windows Dock has the same bug as object dock where when you reserve the edge of the screen, it screws up the wallpaper (resetting the reserved area is a temporary fix) (just like object dock)