Help Center For V5.6

Panta

hello all,

i've a little bug with this version, i launch xwindows, change my icons etc .... after i quit the programs and when i launch again all my icons are restored to original :(

Search before posting, read before asking... :slant:

By Panta: moved along with the previous post.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the skin creator the only way to create skins? I'm thinking "can't be" but I tried and tried to figure the skins out and I just can't... am I stupid? (answer can't be yes ;) )

... :P

Anyways, yes, skins can be made without Matonga's skin maker, but you will need all of the components that come with XWindowsDock. Copy all of the skin files you make into the tools folder, and drag the config file onto xskinmaker.exe

recently i had to uninstall a couple of programs and the dock has messed up and theres a couple of blank spaces in it AND WHEN I HOVER MY MOUSE OVER IT , IT SAYS THE NAME OF THE SHORTCUT THAT USED TO BE THERE AND I CANT DRAG IT OR RIGHT CLICK IT

NEEEEED HELP PLZ

First of all, see post 63 at this very thread; second, try posting either jpg or png files as bmp ones have to be downloaded before they can be seen; third, shouting will not help you at all... :slant:

As always, search before posting, read before asking...

ps: at all those who say that they don't have time for reading: if you don't have time for reading, even less time we have for answering the same questions over and over again!! :slant:

... :P

Anyways, yes, skins can be made without Matonga's skin maker, but you will need all of the components that come with XWindowsDock. Copy all of the skin files you make into the tools folder, and drag the config file onto xskinmaker.exe

Ok, now you can call me stupid :P

Thanks Andrew. Gotta go: the short bus just arrived for me to go to school...

Привіт Вован! Рівненщина вітає тебе! :)

Маю отаку проблему на Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit:

I have such a bug on my Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit:

xwddrawiconsbugkl8.png

Виходе що іконки, які підхоплюються з екзешніка, або системна іконка, промальовуються некоректно...

It seems the icons taken directly from an .exe or system resources are drawn incorect...

vistanotreadyfh8.png

Привіт Вован! Рівненщина вітає тебе! :)

Маю отаку проблему на Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit:

I have such a bug on my Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit:

Виходе що іконки, які підхоплюються з екзешніка, або системна іконка, промальовуються некоректно...

It seems the icons taken directly from an .exe or system resources are drawn incorect...

Actually, this is somewhat normal: some applications (if not most still) only have a 16/20/32px icon attached to the .exe, meaning that when the icon is extracted directly from the exe it will not display properly at any other size than these three. Safari is in this situation for sure. I had to replace the icon manually myself.

Hope this helps.

Приветствую. Это не баг, и не зависит от системы. Это иконка размера в 32х32, наверняка, а у вас размер иконки наверное около 70 ;) ну и подумайте где я возьму 38 пикселей ? (70-32) Поэтому и размазывается. Вы можете спокойно указать любую png картинку и радоватся :)

Hello. It's not a bug, and it's not depend on system. This icon is size of 32x32 and I think you installed size of icons about 70 and what do you think where I must take 38 pixels ? (70-32) Therefore you can see bad quality icon. You can free select png icon for your any icons onto the dock.

Приветствую. Это не баг, и не зависит от системы. Это иконка размера в 32х32, наверняка, а у вас размер иконки наверное около 70 ;) ну и подумайте где я возьму 38 пикселей ? (70-32) Поэтому и размазывается. Вы можете спокойно указать любую png картинку и радоватся :)

Hello. It's not a bug, and it's not depend on system. This icon is size of 32x32 and I think you installed size of icons about 70 and what do you think where I must take 38 pixels ? (70-32) Therefore you can see bad quality icon. You can free select png icon for your any icons onto the dock.

Хочу заметить, что иконки в Windows Vista имеют размер 256х256, посему решил провести следственный эксперимент:

- Есть эталонная иконка вот такого формата

scr4rk2.png

После подмены RasHack'ом значка программы, в доке это выглядит следующим образом:

scr3up0.png

-----

Если удалять кадры из самой иконки, то XWD берет больший за 32х32 кадр. Я удалил 32х32 - соотв. для иконки был взят кадр 48х48. Когда удалил 48х48 -- был взят 64х64.

scr1kj6.png

Как решение - можно выбросить кадры из иконок и оставить только нужный 128х128, но это не решение.

Использовать .PNG - в стэке такое не пройдет... :(

I want to pay your attention at icons size - in Windows Vista they are all natively 256x256px. That's why a decided to make an experiment. This is the icon I've made (see pic.1).

After the ResHack'ing an .EXE you can see such icon in a dock (see pic.2).

After deleting a 32x32px frame from icon file, XWD displays the next (48x48px) frame, and after deleting 48px - XWD displays 64x64px frame (see pic.3).

I can delete all of the frames except 128x128 one, but I can't use PNG-file in stacks... :(

Okay, you gave me problem :) bug. So can you tell how can I get icon form any file with highest quality ? :) Do you think that I didn't try to do it ? Of course I tried... but as you can see, not so succesfull.

Я не занимался программированием уже лет 10, поэтому не готов так вот сразу дать ответ :)

Хочу лишь отметить, что все другие доки (ObjectDock, RocketDock, Y'zDock, RK Launcher) умеют это делать и даная проблемма изначально не возникала. Возможно следует обратится к докумментации по Windows, или, в крайнем случае, к разработчикам упомянутых выше пограмм за консультацией.

PS: судя по всему, достучаться сейчас можно только к разработчикам RocketDock, ибо авторы всех остальных программ давно забросили их разработку и канули в Лету :)

I haven't coded for 10 years and can't give you an answer right now :)

Another docks (such as ObjectDock, RocketDock, Y'zDock, RK Launcher) do that!

Maybe you must read the documentation or ask for help the developers of other docks.

Okay, you gave me problem :) bug. So can you tell how can I get icon form any file with highest quality ? :) Do you think that I didn't try to do it ? Of course I tried... but as you can see, not so succesfull.

Use LoadLibraryEx and LoadImage:

I think you use GetIconInfo, which returns name of DLL and icon index.

Then use:

const ICON_SIZE = 128;  // for example...
dllinstance := LoadLibraryEx (dllname, 0, LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE);
If Word(icon_index) < $8000 Then
// convert icon_index into an icon id (resource_name) by means of EnumResourceNames (..., RT_GROUP_ICON, ...)
Else
resource_name := '#' + IntToStr(-SmallInt(icon_index));
hIcon := LoadImage (dllinstance, PChar(resource_name), IMAGE_ICON, ICON_SIZE, ICON_SIZE, LR_DEFAULTCOLOR);
FreeLibrary (dllinstance);
// Voilá! you have an ICON_SIZE width & height icon

Edit

BTW this is how FingerXP extracts icons.

This will also be the way Stacks Docklet 2.0 will extract icons too.

@iSmile and... yep, bobah too... this is an English language site (sorry, not my rules); you could either try using English, so that everybody can understand and participate, or take the Russian conversation to PMs between the two of you, as it's reasonable to understand that you both can be much more proficient at your native language. Hope you can understand... ;)

@iSmile and... yep, bobah too... this is an English language site (sorry, not my rules); you could either try using English, so that everybody can understand and participate, or take the Russian conversation to PMs between the two of you, as it's reasonable to understand that you both can be much more proficient at your native language. Hope you can understand... ;)

OK, sorry. I'll try to speak only english.

A friend of mine has figured out the problem! It is Avedesk 1.4 if you go back to 1.3 it works FINE! I don't know why but it does!

I never suspected it was AveDesk. As soon as I quit it all magnification and labels started working and I can now move my icons around.

Thanks guys for posting this solution. I was gritting my teeth over my static dock.

I NEED HELP

CADA VES QUE INICIA XWINDOWSDOCK VER. 5.6 APARECE UN ERROR

Access violation at address 004d9b18 in module "XWindowsDock.exe". Read address 00000010.

Please JACK, next time, instead of yelling you could try using the search function or at least browse this very thread for finding answers to your troubles... :slant:

As always, search before posting, read before asking...