Help Center For V5.6

Panta

Magnification is not working in Windows 7 32-bit if I use modified themes and/or modified explorer.exe. Going back to default Windows 7 Aero theme and explorer.exe solves the magnification problem.

Guess I'll have to wait for version 2.0.0.

Edited by apex84
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

¿Is there a way to configure that when dragging into a folder stack the item will be moved instead copied?

regards.

No, the program only creates a shortcut of the file in the stack. Bobah may have included this in XWD 2.0.0, but I don't think anybody has asked for this feature yet. If you want to see it in future XWD versions, request it in this thread: http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/topic/53061-announcement-xwindows-dock-2000/page__pid__533992__st__220__unlockUserAgent__1

Magnification is not working in Windows 7 32-bit if I use modified themes and/or modified explorer.exe. Going back to default Windows 7 Aero theme and explorer.exe solves the magnification problem.

Guess I'll have to wait for version 2.0.0.

Ok nevermind the post above, that's not causing the problem. The problem starts when I choose more than one ("slideshow") wallpaper in Windows 7. So I can use modified themes and explorer.exe, just not multiple wallpapers.

Is there any way I can have the dock hide in the background until I point at the bottom edge of my screen? I don't want it to hide off-screen, just want it to stay behind all windows. As it is now, as soon as I draw the mouse pointer like 10-15 pixels over my taskbar, the dock appears with no delay which very frustrating. So what I want to do is to point the mouse to the lower edge of the screen and after a set delay time the dock should appear (jump to the foreground) like with ObjectDock and RocketDock but without hiding off-screen

Do Not Double Post, use the edit button - mps69

Edited by mps69

Is there any way I can have the dock hide in the background until I point at the bottom edge of my screen? I don't want it to hide off-screen, just want it to stay behind all windows. As it is now, as soon as I draw the mouse pointer like 10-15 pixels over my taskbar, the dock appears with no delay which very frustrating. So what I want to do is to point the mouse to the lower edge of the screen and after a set delay time the dock should appear (jump to the foreground) like with ObjectDock and RocketDock but without hiding off-screen

I would love to see this feature as well (it also would be handy if it returned to the background again as soon as you move off the dock). I think though you better ask for this in the 2.0 thread.

Hi all.

I'm searching for programmer (XWD plugins). I want to conenct people who can help me with Adium Plugin (for QiP). Desirable - Russian.

Contacts:

Thanks!

Hi. Hold On :) Wait for 2.0.0.0 version. There is a new API in C/C++. So no need to create for 5.6 plugin.

I found out why the XWD won't magnify. When I close Rainmeter, it can zoom perfectly. Can the aurthors fix it? I love this dock! It's better than rocketdock and RKlaucher

XWD 2 will fix that. Once it's published, say goodbye to avedesk/rainmeter problems (not to mention other problems) :) just be patient and come back here regularly for an update. It will be ready in no time. Credit goes to BOBAH & devs for XWD 2.0 =]

• 5 weeks later...

Is there something I can do to make 5.6 open new windows with the size they were when I closed them? Right now this is only possible with Firefox. If I close it as maximized it will open as maximized next time I start it. Explorer windows and Internet Explorer start non-maximized (or whatever it's called) so I have to maximize them every time which is kind of annoying.

Hi!

I'm on Windows 7, using XWindowsdock 5.6 (not 2.0 yet due to its current lack of some -favourite-functions).

I've got no problem with the dock, except an error message which I can ignore.

The real "problem" is that I can't minimize to the dock... And yes, I crossed it out in the options section.

Is this typical for Win7 or am I the only one with the problem?

Thanks!

xfifteen

Hi all i have xwindows installed and want to have a stackable dock for my computer but i can not seem to be able to do this, i can ad the my computer but i can not make it stackable so i can acces different drives is this possable ?

also is it possable to alter a skin ? i have a sking and i like it apart from the folder picture and want to change it if thtas poss and recompile the skin ?

thanks

Edited by meridiusuk
  • 2 weeks later...
I posted this same topic 2 days ago, and someone deleted it and gave me no %$%@ reason =/

28ip27a.jpg

I got the new version but i have some problems:

1. Everytime I load XWD with windows, there's a separator that keeps on showing, even if I delete it, it loads again after restarting XWD.

2. Also with restart, my PICS folder is gone, so everytime i have to add it again, and change its icon.

3. In the grid, the shortcut for DIRT2 shows a folder icon, and the shortcut opens my PNGs folder, not the game (as shown on that window).

-The grid problem happens only with the games folder, the STUF is also grid, but it has no problems.

So please, any idea? some idea to fix at least 1 problem?

Moved to correct area - mps69

Edited by mps69
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm new with this program and forum also... so please don't be rude.

I've installed both XWD 2.0.0 and XWD V5.6

Now, after trying to see which is best, I thought that V5.6 had more options about stacks, and all that stuff... besides, the docklets for 5.6 are more... if not the only ones , i don't recall right now.

The problem is, neither of the versions have any hover response... and I thought that... maybe the 2.0.0 didn't have it. However the 5.6 has an option about how much the hover affects the icon's size and it still doesn't do anything with it. And I've seen some screenshots with hover effect so... it's supposed to have it.

If you're comfortable with XML editing you can try locating the corresponding entry at DockItems.xml and manually adding a PNG icon file (pathfilename) to it.

Sorry, but, I can't seem to edit it correctly. I open it with Notepad and the code is incomplete. I open it with XML editor and I see the complete code but can't modify it... Is there some program or anything?

Sorry, but, I can't seem to edit it correctly. I open it with Notepad and the code is incomplete. I open it with XML editor and I see the complete code but can't modify it... Is there some program or anything?

open it with wordpad or something. Notepad is known to not recognize unix-style newlines, and makes editing stuff a pain.

28ip27a.jpg

I got the new version but i have some problems:

1. Everytime I load XWD with windows, there's a separator that keeps on showing, even if I delete it, it loads again after restarting XWD.

2. Also with restart, my PICS folder is gone, so everytime i have to add it again, and change its icon.

3. In the grid, the shortcut for DIRT2 shows a folder icon, and the shortcut opens my PNGs folder, not the game (as shown on that window).

-The grid problem happens only with the games folder, the STUF is also grid, but it has no problems.

So please, any idea? some idea to fix at least 1 problem?

PD: I found that, with every restart, i got a shortcut missing, so, after 5 restarts i have no shortcuts on my dock.

PD: this topic kinda sux, they help 1 of every 10 questions

Edited by chekole
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a problem here:

I added a Plants vs Zombies shortcut to xWindows Dock 5.6 which worked perfectly

the next day, the icon disappeared but the title still appears on mouseover and it takes up the original space

nothing happens if I click it

(the game is not corrupted as I can still execute it without any problems)

I can't delete the item on the dock as it doesn't show any item-specific options upon right-clicking

help please D:

post-115609-12711573755_thumb.jpg

post-115609-1271157381_thumb.jpg

^Can't add shortcuts to the dock, must be direct links. You're going to have put the path up to the original application. This is with me though.

Anyone know how to fix this error? It does this every time on start up.

xwderror.png

Edited by thatguy009