Help Center For V5.6

Panta

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can i do that? thanks

-and-

When i try to add game shortcuts like call of duty ones i get errors and they dont work the game try to start and its like im running the exe in a different location?? has the dock got problems with windows 7???

By Panta: topics and threads merged. Stop creating new threads when you need help, will you?

Edited by Panta

How to add stack with system disks to dock?

If I d&d them to stack they dissapear after dock is reloaded.

I found a bug|feature that xwd add "\" after ":", so when I edit path from "C:\" to "C:" it works after reload. But only for disk C.

And most intresting part:

<Item8>
<Caption>C:\</Caption>
<Cmd>C:</Cmd>
<Arguments></Arguments><WorkDir></WorkDir>
</Item8>
<Item9>
<Caption>D:\</Caption>
<Cmd>C:</Cmd>
<Arguments></Arguments><WorkDir></WorkDir>
</Item9>

Shows me two stack items to disk C. And if I change in item9 "<Cmd>C:</Cmd>" to "<Cmd>D:</Cmd>" it's show me icon for disk C and empty space for disk D.

Edited by iSnatch

what ever is the third icon changes into separator when i start xwd

and i changed my icons but they change back to defaults when i start xwd

--and--

when i minimize safari and i have another page open it minimizez them both

how to fix

By Panta: moved and merged. All help should be asked for here.

Edited by beto12345
I noticed that on W7 Ultimate x64 the labels aren't showing. Whats wrong?

You're experiencing a common W7 problem that everybody is having. Since the dock was never developed with W7 in mind (and due to the way W7 operates compared to Vista due to changes Microsoft made), then there are bound to be problems with the program and how it acts and operates in the Windows 7 environment (i.e. Separators gone wild, labels gone missing, duplicated icon madness, just some of the so called "symtoms"). For now, until somebody picks up where Bobah left off, there is nothing that can fix the issue, even temporarily. All that can be done is to (sadly) switch to another dock program if you're desperate for one (or just use the Windows 7 taskbar, which basically acts as a dock program).

You're experiencing a common W7 problem that everybody is having. Since the dock was never developed with W7 in mind (and due to the way W7 operates compared to Vista due to changes Microsoft made), then there are bound to be problems with the program and how it acts and operates in the Windows 7 environment (i.e. Separators gone wild, labels gone missing, duplicated icon madness, just some of the so called "symtoms"). For now, until somebody picks up where Bobah left off, there is nothing that can fix the issue, even temporarily. All that can be done is to (sadly) switch to another dock program if you're desperate for one (or just use the Windows 7 taskbar, which basically acts as a dock program).

I was too lazy to search, and I thought that was just I with that problem :X sorry.

But, well, I don't care much about it, I was just curious to know why it was not working. thanks for it.

EDIT: now I noticed that my labels are back and I don't know how I did this. But appears that it worked again after I placed a stack on the dock.

Well, was just that. :)

Edited by Reenan

i am using xwindows dock on windows 7 n it works fine. i have to say i just love xwindows dock. but there is just 1 problem. whenever i restart my computer some of the icons on the dock are duplicated. i really hope this bug is fixed soon cause i cant find any other dock as good as this one. and also one really strange thing happened once..... one of my icons turned into a separator.. when i hovered my mouse over the separator it still shows the label but doesnt open... :huh:

ok n upgrade on my previous comment.....i noticed that if a add all stacks etc etc that i want but dont change any icon then the dock works fine on start up...but when i change the icons some of them get duplicated at startup

Do not double post use the edit function - mps69

ok guys i think i found the work around to windows 7 X64 probs with the dock like duplicating icons and crazy separators....if you install xwindows dock on c drive and not into any of the program files then the dock works perfectly without any of the crazy stuff...n try restarting every time you add a new icon...

Edited by r0ckah0lic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I´m new at this, so I´ll try to explain my question the best possible. I download the XWindows Dock 5.6 version, but every time I restart my computer this message comes a long. Any thoughts?

P.S. Check the attachment, please.

Thank you very much.

Moved to correct area - mps69

Thanks

By Panta: please, observe all forum rules!

bugreport.txt

Edited by Panta

Hey,

I just downloaded and installed v5.6 of the dock and have only a single fairly major problem. I have shortcuts to games and other programs set up on my dock. The shortcuts under stacks work such as I have all my Office software in a stack, I can launch these easily from clicking on their respective icons. However when I have just a free standing shortcut they don't launch. The icon bounces and comes up with the icon to show it's open but then that stops and the program does not run. I hope you understand and can help me.

Thanks,

Hey,

I just downloaded and installed v5.6 of the dock and have only a single fairly major problem. I have shortcuts to games and other programs set up on my dock. The shortcuts under stacks work such as I have all my Office software in a stack, I can launch these easily from clicking on their respective icons. However when I have just a free standing shortcut they don't launch. The icon bounces and comes up with the icon to show it's open but then that stops and the program does not run. I hope you understand and can help me.

Thanks,

try to set the icon working directory to the same path as icon shortcut. it should work.

Thanks for the tip, bit it still doesn't work even when the work directory is changed as you have suggested.

So you're saying you did this?

"Right click the dock icon that is not launching, click edit, click on the "..." next to the path box, and navigate to the dock icon's real file (for example, for Microsoft Word, it's C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.exe. The location the dock automatically sets for Word is in the C:\Windows\Installer\ directory, but it is unable to launch it because it's not the executable.)"

So you're saying you did this?

"Right click the dock icon that is not launching, click edit, click on the "..." next to the path box, and navigate to the dock icon's real file (for example, for Microsoft Word, it's C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.exe. The location the dock automatically sets for Word is in the C:\Windows\Installer\ directory, but it is unable to launch it because it's not the executable.)"

Yes I've done that and tried to copy the path in the work directory box too.

Yes I've done that and tried to copy the path in the work directory box too.

Ok, here are some questions that might help further help me understand...

1. What is your Operating System?

2. Are you able to launch the program by using a shortcut NOT on the dock?

3. What programs do not launch?

4. When you click the shortcut, does the running indicator turn on and then shut off a moment later?

More information=More chances of finding a solution