Help Center For V5.6

Panta

@SaRRaZin: but after showing this message the dock runs normally? I'm asking because I get this error message every time I do a clean install, only the first time I run XWD after that kind of installation, but then the dock shows up and everything runs fine afterwards...

Yes after this message XWD run normaly exept the magnification dont work !

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@all: download link is working normally! Gentlemen, cleanup your caches - both browser and also any download manager you may be using... ;)

I pasted over all three xml files and it worked for me o_O
Quite inaccurate info Andrew; docklets are incompatible! And settings have also been extended...
Quite inaccurate info Andrew; docklets are incompatible! And settings have also been extended...

Of course the docklets aren't compatible, but the new docklets so far will work with the old xml files, and if they don't, the files will be ignored. No errors are coming up for me. Same with the settings.

Of course the docklets aren't compatible, but the new docklets so far will work with the old xml files, and if they don't, the files will be ignored. No errors are coming up for me. Same with the settings.
Except one can get 'invisible' icons for docklets unless everything is present and at the same places... that's why I said inacurate, and not wrong... ;) but... we're not going to turn this thread into another 'chat' one, are we? Please, hold your horses! Only support here. :)
http://nemecsx.narod.ru/Theme/XWindowsDockInstaller.zip

i tried this download link but i still cant download it

ive tried fire fox, safrai and i.e

Nobody is authorized by bobah for supplying an alternate link but, as I said, the link is working! I've checked it myself right now - I use FF...

@all: now, let's stop complaining about 'download link not working'! If bobah decides changing from his current server to another one, I'm sure he'll let us all know about it.

I get no dock labels and no magnification on Vista 32bit :( I originally copied over the dockitems.xml when updating to 5.6, but I've since reinstalled and it's now a default installation. Labels and magnification are on;

th_xwindowsdock.jpg

It's impossible, because:

1. I installed global hook, using .dll, so if it doesn't work then your windows doesn't give the dock to use global hooks

Also magnification and labels depend on this mouse event (I mean global hook from dll). So if windows doesn't want to make it possible, sorry I can't do anything about it. May be you have got some programs, like spyware which close software like my dock using global hooks.

It's impossible, because:

1. I installed global hook, using .dll, so if it doesn't work then your windows doesn't give the dock to use global hooks

Also magnification and labels depend on this mouse event (I mean global hook from dll). So if windows doesn't want to make it possible, sorry I can't do anything about it. May be you have got some programs, like spyware which close software like my dock using global hooks.

Bobah, are you using anything that could prevent a user without administrative rights from running XWD? Global hooks seems a good candidate for that... ;)
So this means it won't work on Vista? The labels and magnification worked on previous versions...
Hold your horses, buddy! Nobody said that; besides, I'm on Vista 32bit and everything's just fine. ;)

Let's just wait bobah reply to my question...

No need for making fun of it... :(

Unlike you, he hasn't English as his native language but, in spite of that, he's trying to communicate with you in English; perhaps you could get better results if you try communicating with him in Russian. Why don't you try doing so? ;)