Announcement: Xwindows Dock 2.0.0.0

BOBAH13

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait for the release! RK Launcher is starting to annoy me with certain things that XWD did well. The only reason i dont use V 5.6 is because it was too slow on my computer... I know beta wont have min/max and other but by the final release i know it will be awesome.

good work

Merry Christmas Eve.

@Bobah Will XWD 2 remove minimized window from taskbar like earlier versions?If it will,it's bad,because i can't use any expose like app with it...

Sorry for my English

I never even noticed that... What expose program do you use? The only ones i know of are Switcher and WinExpose and i dont think XWD messed with them...

Anyway, the v5.6 help and support forum is here so try asking there

Edited by Vistapple

@Vistapple

Actually XWD doesn't mess with them,but the way XWD handle minimized windows does.When you minimize window into XWD he is no longer in taskbar...now eg. when you use Swicher it won't see that window,it sees windows which are not minimized or are minimized into taskbar...try it and you'll see what i'm talking about.

ooo i know :D thats the dock i am using at the moment. atleast untill XWD 2 is up. its not perfect... but then again what is. also made a skin for it if anyone wants to take a look. just search for lukeedee on deviantart amd its in my gallery thing :)

hope XWD 2 is up soon though... getting bored with the way my computer looks again. need something new :)

of course from that screenshot you can tell much... we cant actually 'see' the new core of the dock and it's improvement.

what i can see is the antialising missing from the left and right edges of the dock... other than that looks the same as the 5.6 version which i'm currently using and am really happy about it.

anyway congratz on your work and i'm glad you are going in the right direction with this great app!

cant wait to get my hands on the beta version!

happy new year btw everyone!

May I submit a request? Just wondering if Xwindows Dock 2.0.0.0 might incorporate Windows 7's "Run as different user" functionality (can be seen when holding down Shift key and right-clicking on certain application icons) without the need to hold down the shift key? Late request I know, but it would be wonderful!

Thanks for the consideration and great job on the app from the screenshots I've seen thus far!

@Vistapple

Actually XWD doesn't mess with them,but the way XWD handle minimized windows does.When you minimize window into XWD he is no longer in taskbar...now eg. when you use Swicher it won't see that window,it sees windows which are not minimized or are minimized into taskbar...try it and you'll see what i'm talking about

I know this is a late reply, but anyway...

i tested it and yeh it doesnt work :( if XWD 2.0.0 does the same i guess i wont be able to use it! :o

Edited by Vistapple
Yes and no. It's possible only for icons' reflection, but not for windows' and desktop's.

Oh, it's perfectly fine with only icon reflections. I disable the other reflections anyway (gets too cluttered if everything is reflected).

Whatever you decide to do, 2.0 is going to be great :D

Hey bobah, I noticed something that is really interesting to implement: when you place a icon on a stack, you don't see the indicator of the app is running anymore. I think that would be nice if I can still see if the app is running or not.

Other thing (that might be not liked by everybody) is to show on the stack at panel that there are apps runing. I mean, on stack icon, show something that let user know that there is an app placed inside it that's running.

For now, thats all :)

Edited by Reenan