Announcement: Xwindows Dock 2.0.0.0

BOBAH13

For the first time, I do not want to implement a such features, may be in future. Now it's not important, cause I still have problems with rendering 3D dock.

Edit:

I've killed OpenGL, now use my own algorithm to draw 3d dock, but now and may be in future, we have not so smoothest left and right borders of the dock.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait for this to be ready, i use Rk Launcher but if XWD 2.0.0 has OD support ill definatly switch. Will it still have Genie effect Min/Max?

do you think beta will be ready before christmas/new year?

I like the fact that the right click menu looks just like the mac dock one. Will this functionality still be there? if possible, could you make the preferences menu skinned to look like on a mac?

On my system with:

Nvidia GeForce 8600gt

2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 duo

2gb ram

298gb hard drive

XWindows dock runs really slow but Objectdock, RK Launcher, YzDock, Circle Dock, Spiral Dock and Rocketdock all run perfect. hopefully it will run better in v 2.0.0

Edited by Vistapple
BOBAH13, it is possible to use skins from the original dock in a mac to the new XWD 2.00?, that would be so great, it opens a new world fo skins!!!

Sounds cool! But.... That would be infringing on some copyrights there. Somebody would have to make one from scratch to avoid a lawsuit or anything among those lines (a little extreme sounding yes, but I would hate to be hunted down by Apple constantly just because I made an exact copy of OS X's dock skin).

Edit:

About skins and icons' reflections, You can:

1. Move up and down reflection

2. Cut from top or/and bottom, it let you place reflection where you want

That's general, also a lot of other parameters to customize reflections

I also try to port skins from mac, it's so easy :) I just download, extract 3 files (indicator + background + may be edge + separator), make skin.ini (it takes a bit) and it's ready :)

This is what I'm talking about, having the dock be one piece, then the rest of the parts (indicator,separator and edge)

Sounds great

May I said about it before, but I just want to warn you, in the first betta release 2.0.0 you won't see:

1. Icons' effects, like zooming on mouse or something else

2. Windows' minimization

also some other features, please do not ask me do them for first release :) I have no time to make them well.

Thanks.

awww, i was hoping beta would have genie effect but i suppose you need more time. As long as it will be in the final release, im happy. :)

It will go great with my new apple keyboard (According to apple it wont work on windows but plug it in and it immidiatly worked.)

Maybe ill buy a mighty mouse as well...

Edited by Vistapple
awww, i was hoping beta would have genie effect but i suppose you need more time. As long as it will be in the final release, im happy. :)

It will go great with my new apple keyboard (According to apple it wont work on windows but plug it in and it immidiatly worked.)

Maybe ill buy a mighty mouse as well...

this is good to hear. if you buy a mouse, please tell us if it work :D I want to use them too xD

this is good to hear. if you buy a mouse, please tell us if it work :D I want to use them too xD

Actually, the mouse works quite well (minus horizontal scrolling and side "buttons"; just two buttons and clickable scroll). And you can't configure it like in Mac OS. Anyway, it's nice, even with Windows.

I'm glad that we have a choice so we can have the best of the 2 worlds... windows and mac... planning to buy an apple keyboard soon... can anyone confirm that is the best keyboard out there, period? excluding the hitech gaming model from microsoft and logitech and other useless multimedia keyboards with tons of buttons that no one uses... sorry for the of topic btw!

on topic: been a faithful user of the xWindowsDock for a while now and can't wait for version 2. The only rival for windows out there is Nexus dock which also has reflection and other feature but it seems poorly coded... or maybe is just me?

Edited by dpcdpc11
I'm glad that we have a choice so we can have the best of the 2 worlds... windows and mac... planning to buy an apple keyboard soon... can anyone confirm that is the best keyboard out there, period? excluding the hitech gaming model from microsoft and logitech and other useless multimedia keyboards with tons of buttons that no one uses.

Hate to break it to you guys, but I think we should keep this thread on topic :)

yes, i just bought the mouse. Plugged it in and immediatly works. I used x-mouse button changer to activate the squeeze buttons. Only thing that doesnt work is horizontal scrolling :( there is a program to do that, but its in japanese.

heres the link if anyone speaks japanese... CLICK ME

dpcdpc11:

I'm glad that we have a choice so we can have the best of the 2 worlds... windows and mac... planning to buy an apple keyboard soon... can anyone confirm that is the best keyboard out there, period? excluding the hitech gaming model from microsoft and logitech and other useless multimedia keyboards with tons of buttons that no one uses... sorry for the of topic btw!

yes i bought that as well and it is awesome. same as mouse, it runs with no installers or anything. Also, i used Sharp Keys to map the play,next,mute,vol up/down and all those keys to the correct functions.

And yes btb42693, i agree plz back on topic now.

have any of you guys ever used tiger system preferences? it is a clone of system preferences in a mac, it can be skinned too. mine looks like leopard. It would be good if at some time we could have a fully functional one, for example click on dock settings and it could open XWindows dock settings in same window. mac styled. probs wont happen though.. :(

Edited by Vistapple

What do you mean by "tiger system preferences"? What's that? Some kind of skin for XWD settings?

Upd: found that here, at aquasoft. Is it a skin for standars Windows Control panel? Looks great! Does it work on Windows 7?

Edited by nblxnox

I have the same problem on windows 7 icons don't magnify on mouseover and labels are missing... you think if i reset windows seven settings to default it might actually do something ?

OK guys i'll just answer my question you have to put the windows task bar at bottom when you first run the app ! and chose default Theme

then you can change all that stuff

Hope I helped :D

Do Not Double Post - mps69