Ok. This is weird and i don't fully agree with it. Apple has changed the macbook. Now the only normal macbook available will be the white one. Is apple getting rid of the Macbook line and going only for the pros? You can get thje pro version in the 13", 15" and 17" versions, starting at $1199. I think Apple should decrease the price of the white mac book to like around $700- $800 then put the 13" macbook in aluminum back in there at bout $999. I think this is a weird decision by Apple. Post comments on what you think and what Apple's next move should be.

Actually, the new 13 inch is cheaper and faster than the one it replaces. Yeah, price is still a little higher than should be, but that's Apple. Never as cheap as a PC, but never as ugly as a PC.

Ha! So True lol cuz Pc's are U-G-L-Y!! XD

They just rebranded them... They are better laptops than they were before.

Fender - is $199 really that much more to pay than what you're saying? It's worth the money. People will still buy them.

And Mauintosh, I agree. There are some really nicely designed PCs out there. Sony make some really nice ones. Shame they run windows, though.

Its windows we hate, not he companies that make the computers that windows runs on. lol

I disagree... both are bad... The lack of unity between windows and its hardware is why im now a Mac man.

Look at hardware from hp, toshiba, acer... its plasticy, glossy in all the wrong places, ugly, uninspired and just plain badly built.

Now compare to Apple's solid offerings.

Sure the hardware might be over priced for the specs, but the industrial design is best in class (eg- unibody MBP, all in one iMac, Masterpiece case- Mac Pro)... and the software is solid and built for the hardware.

I must admit Sony and Dell dont do a bad deal, compared to other crappy pc brands in trying to create something inspired... but Sony is overpriced and its better to go for an even better designed Mac.

Dell... well I think they're neat. But Ive heard a few horror stories.

I disagree... both are bad... The lack of unity between windows and its hardware is why im now a Mac man.

Look at hardware from hp, toshiba, acer... its plasticy, glossy in all the wrong places, ugly, uninspired and just plain badly built.

Now compare to Apple's solid offerings.

Sure the hardware might be over priced for the specs, but the industrial design is best in class (eg- unibody MBP, all in one iMac, Masterpiece case- Mac Pro)... and the software is solid and built for the hardware.

I must admit Sony and Dell dont do a bad deal, compared to other crappy pc brands in trying to create something inspired... but Sony is overpriced and its better to go for an even better designed Mac.

Dell... well I think they're neat. But Ive heard a few horror stories.

I disagree.

Windows is fine. I've had very few problems with Vista, but using Leopard for the past 4 months on campus for editing, I've found it even more annoying than Tiger. Snow Leopard is what Leopard should have been 2 years ago.

That said, I'm impressed with improvements in the MacBook line.

For the record, you are quite right about the designs used by HP. As an owner I would prefer if they had used more metal and a little less metal-looking plastic. The design is fine. As far as the aluminum MacBooks, I actually prefer the White MacBook.

I disagree.

Windows is fine. I've had very few problems with Vista, but using Leopard for the past 4 months on campus for editing, I've found it even more annoying than Tiger. Snow Leopard is what Leopard should have been 2 years ago.

That said, I'm impressed with improvements in the MacBook line.

For the record, you are quite right about the designs used by HP. As an owner I would prefer if they had used more metal and a little less metal-looking plastic. The design is fine. As far as the aluminum MacBooks, I actually prefer the White MacBook.

hmm well ive tried vista and its so UNSTABLE my cuzin had one a dell laptop running vista and she took real good care of it but it just started messing up by itself like explorer would close by itself and at school we have vista ughhhhhh so hard to finish work when the computer crashes alot....

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of hardware are you using? Vista is fine on my 2-year old HP laptop. 7 runs fine on my 4 year-old Toshiba.

Must have lucked out, or once again people are using ancient hardware and then get upset that Vista doesn't run as expected.

• 2 weeks later...