Online Radio

I was wondering if anyone here listens to online radio stations.I found some great stations that play the music I like and I was wondering if it's also possible to record a couple of them so I could use them on my mp3player while I'm away from home.

First:

It would be good to know:

- What operative system you use (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux?)

- URL / type of radio and player (winamp/shoutcast? java applet? flash type mp3 player? windows media player?)

Radio playing through Winamp:

If you use Winamp, try this:

Open Winamp preferences, go to Output and select the one which ends with [out_disk.dll], click Configure and customize settings to whatever you like.

Then play the radio. It will output nothing (no music at all) but instead it will record to disk. To listen to music again, just go to Preferences again and choose Output > DirectSound instead (or whatever you were using).

If you want to listen and record at the same time, look for Winamp output plugins, and search for output stack, output stacker or multiple output. Those allow you to record and play at the same time.

Also you may be interested in searching for a Winamp MP3 disk writer output plugin.

However I hope you're not using Winamp, because it is a complicated thing.

Radio in embedded flash or Java applet:

If you're listening to a web page, with a Java applet, or a Flash which plays the radio, you may try downloading some mp3 recording program, and then go to your volume settings, Recording, and select "Output mixer" (or something like that).

Be warned that this will record everything (not only the radio but windows dialog beeps too, and MSN sounds, and whatever else goes to your speakers will go to the mp3 too).

Audacity can record and save to mp3, but I recommend you search for a realtime mp3 recorder else you'll need 600 Megabytes of free RAM to record 1 hour of music (10 hours = 6 GBytes of RAM, I doubt you have as much memory as that).

Well, I think that winamp can be ruled out of discussion, sound too complicated to me also.An mp3 recording program would be interesting to use, although don't like the part about recording every little sound that goes through the speakers.That would mean not to use anything else on my pc while that thing is running. Isn't there any app that would record only the radio, or rule out any other sound except the music?

Hi,

USE WINAMP PLAYER IT HAS VERY GOOD ONLINE RADIO SHOUTCAST RADIO SHOUTCAST VIDEO AND MUCH MORE RADIO STATIONS LIVE FROM ALL OVER USA AND CANADA !! GREAT PLAYER. AND TRY THIS LINK FOR ONLINE RADIO STATION:

.krykey.com/

Ad link removed - mps69

Well, I think that winamp can be ruled out of discussion, sound too complicated to me also.An mp3 recording program would be interesting to use, although don't like the part about recording every little sound that goes through the speakers.That would mean not to use anything else on my pc while that thing is running. Isn't there any app that would record only the radio, or rule out any other sound except the music?

haven't you read my suggestions/haven't you try it yet ? : http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?s...mp;hl=icy+radio

• 3 weeks later...

OK. This is not really a "Radio", but it gives you what you want. It is the magic called Pandora. I listen to it every time i am in my computer. You type in a song or artist that you like and it gathers songs that it thinks you would like based off your selection and plays it to. The more you listen to it and the more your rate songs, the more it learns about what you truly like.Pamdora

Also try Googleing AOL radio. It is not as tuned in as Pandora, but it plays songs from certain genera

Thanks for your suggestion, though it's not exactly what I need cause I wanted something to record online radio not just to listen to it online.I think the ones recommended here should do the job, I was just thinking of trying the one strawman was talking about as well, radiotracker I think it's called.I need something easy to use.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

The stock CD player on my '07 GMC Envoy only reads Audio CDs and not MP3. Before when i used to create Audio CDs on my mac they used to work but now they just dont.

Initially i thought it must be the car, then again i had other thoughts about the macbook as well. So just to be sure i burnt an Audio CD on my windows machine using Nero and it was working.

Regards

Zimmes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone here listens to online radio stations.I found some great stations that play the music I like and I was wondering if it's also possible to record a couple of them so I could use them on my mp3player while I'm away from home.

radio muska is the best online radio. do you know about it. please try this radio station for a lot of enjoy?

• 2 months later...