Swine Flu?

Well, there is a bit of misinformation here and there. :)

Newspapers and TV here in Argentina says the swine flu has no cure and you'll be dead man walking as soon as you get it.

Of course this is the perfect excuse to make people go mad and make them forget of real issues. Thi is the economic recession for USA people. Here at Argentina it is the dengue (don't know translation for this) infections in northern Argentina (a real problem causing lots of real deaths, government has "wisely" given lot of attention to swine flu instead, which didn't still arrive here :P ).

So you see, it seems like we are all like retards paying attention to what media wants us to believe... :(

I think it's pretty typical of the media making everyone panic.

I know we've only had 2 confirmed cases of it swine flu in the UK, the poor couple were getting hounded by the media.

I feel the same about the rescission, yeah life is tough at the moment, but we don't need to be reminded of it every time we switch on the news.

I give it a week to tens days and it will hopefully life will be back to normal.

Why is everyone freaking out over this? It's the flu! A common cold!

Swine flu will only kill you if you have no access to a hospital.

So, everyone really needs to shut the hell up about this, because I am tired of hearing about it.

Maybe you should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. I know things get hyped all of the time in the media. You have to filter out what is important to you and stop whining about it like a little boy.

Dont know why admins cant keep a lid on this sort of trash.

Edited by Borix
It's the flu! A common cold!

Swine flu will only kill you if you have no access to a hospital.

There's nothing common about this flu, it causes fever, diarrhea, aches, chills etc. But I do I agree, you only will die if you don't get immediate medical attention. The H1N1 virus (Swine Flu) in it's early stages is not very violent. But people do like exaggerate things, maybe it gives their lives more "spice"

the swine flu is not curable right,

Nop, According to the CDC, the Swine Flu is preventable & curable.

I dont have a TV. I chucked it, in favour of high speed internet and bit-tor... Google News. yes.

Best thing I ever did.

TV bombards the mind with so much rubbish... advertising and sensationalism. The internet is selective viewing IMO.

As for the swine flu, yes I've heard about it... from what I gather its one of those viruses that escalates and builds resistance to anti-biotics. It can be defeated yes, but if you dont hit it hard enough then it becomes stronger and spreads... and when the next person gets it they may not be able to get a drug strong enough.

I think thats what makes swine flu scarier?

They say (now this might be exaggerated) in 1914 alone the swine flu killed about 20-40 million people. Why all of a sudden it just appears now, no idea, but its certainly a threat.

It appears all years, from 1914 and before, up to now and in the future too.

The only problem is in 1914 it became a human-to-human infection, i.e. a pandemic disease, and there is a possibility of it happening again now. I think the only reason mexican people is dying because of it, maybe the lack of hospitals and proper medical care, and not the flu itself.

The only problem is in 1914 it became a human-to-human infection, i.e. a pandemic disease, and there is a possibility of it happening again now. I think the only reason mexican people is dying because of it, maybe the lack of hospitals and proper medical care, and not the flu itself.

Maybe Smaky can enlighten us a little he is in the heart of it right now(Mexico City).

From what he has told me Mexico City is like a ghost town. Everyone that can work from home is doing so. All the schools are closed and the children are being kept at home. I'm not sure if the CDC here in the states have sent anyone to help them but I hope so.

Maybe you should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. I know things get hyped all of the time in the media. You have to filter out what is important to you and stop whining about it like a little boy.

Dont know why admins cant keep a lid on this sort of trash.

LOL dude, just be quiet. You obviously blazed through my post.

And the Spanish flu killed something like one third of the global population at the time.

It killed so many people because, and don't quote me on this, of cytokine storms (which is basically a severe immune system overreaction.

The media is totally blowing this out of proportion, as well.

I mean like, girls today, in class, were scrubbing their arms with Purel sanitizer.

Every time someone coughed, the whole class moved away.

Even my school's Washington trip was canceled. A week long trip. $650. Canceled because of ****ing swine flu.

Edited by KAWSquared
They say (now this might be exaggerated) in 1914 alone the swine flu killed about 20-40 million people. Why all of a sudden it just appears now, no idea, but its certainly a threat.

The "swine flu" didn't exist in 1914. That was called the Spanish Flu. It killed between 20 and 100 million. No one knows for sure as record keeping back then was spotty at best.

The only thing they have in common is that they are both H1N1 variants.

As for being curable, no, no flu or virus for that matter, is "curable". They are treatable, meaning if you get proper treatment, you will survive.

The common cause of death by H1N1 is not "choking on mucus" as another poster stated. It's caused by severe dehydration and/or secondary illness due to a weakend immune system.

Good hygiene and common sense will keep you alive and well.

All the cases in the US have been relatively mild.

The one recorded death was a child visiting from Mexico who's parents waited too long to seek treatment.

Be safe, be careful, but most of all be calm.

Edited by rjohnstone
The "swine flu" didn't exist in 1914. That was called the Spanish Flu. It killed between 20 and 100 million. No one knows for sure as record keeping back then was spotty at best.

The only thing they have in common is that they are both H1N1 variants.

As for being curable, no, no flu or virus for that matter, is "curable". They are treatable, meaning if you get proper treatment, you will survive.

The common cause of death by H1N1 is not "choking on mucus" as another poster stated. It's caused by severe dehydration and/or secondary illness due to a weakend immune system.

Good hygiene and common sense will keep you alive and well.

All the cases in the US have been relatively mild.

The one recorded death was a child visiting from Mexico who's parents waited too long to seek treatment.

Be safe, be careful, but most of all be calm.

Actually, a tradition of Influenzas is killing young people.

• 2 weeks later...

In children emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

* Fast breathing or trouble breathing

* Bluish skin color

* Not drinking enough fluids

* Not waking up or not interacting

* Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held

* Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough..

bank deals

Edited by riverra
  • 1 month later...

Of course this is the perfect excuse to make people go mad and make them forget of real issues. This is the economic recession for USA people. Here at Argentina it is the dengue (don't know translation for this) infections in northern Argentina (a real problem causing lots of real deaths, government has "wisely" given lot of attention to swine flu instead, which didn't still arrive here..This is actually a new strain of the virus and we have had 1 death so far in the U.S. and we have more hospitals than McDonald's. Here it is officially from the CDC here in the states and they have nothing to do with the media.Awesome. just awesome...i haven't any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post he is a great human..thanks for shared this with us.i found this informative and interesting blog so i think so its very useful and knowledge able..

Ad link removed - mps69

• 3 weeks later...