Do U Like Classical Music ?

Stravinsky=God

hey, somebody smart at aqua-soft!

yeah, stravinsky, rimsky-korsokov, (early) prokofiev, janacek, bach, dvorak, respeghi, to name a few.

i didn't always like classical. when i was about 25 or 26 (yes, a looooong time ago!), a friend of mine sat me down, put headphones on me, and played me something i'd never heard of before, a little piece called 'the rite of spring' by some guy named stravinsky. changed my life.

Heheh, I feel odd then. I usually study with electronic, repetitive music (without singer, else I engage with the letter of the song). This is the only way I know I can concentrate and study.

But maybe I'll give classical music a try. If it's useful for so many students, it may help me too.

Anyone with recommendations for a beginner? :)

Anyone with recommendations for a beginner? :)

this is a tough one. i think most people would point you towards mozart, bach, beethoven. it depends on what your aesthetic is: do you like brittany spears? start with mozart. do you like frank zappa? start with stravinsky. do you like enya? start with debussy. do you like hip-hop? there's no hope for you. :)

I'm a classical guitar player and there are very interesting guitar pieces out there. Whoever wants to exchange music or tab just pm me.

Like Santana? He's awesome but I don't know many classical guitar artists. My real music taste is like the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, the doors and stuff. What classic rock artists do you recommend?

Edited by yorkey
hey, somebody smart at aqua-soft!

yeah, stravinsky, rimsky-korsokov, (early) prokofiev, janacek, bach, dvorak, respeghi, to name a few.

i didn't always like classical. when i was about 25 or 26 (yes, a looooong time ago!), a friend of mine sat me down, put headphones on me, and played me something i'd never heard of before, a little piece called 'the rite of spring' by some guy named stravinsky. changed my life.

It changed my life too, and I was the same age as you. did you listened "Transfigurated Night" by Schönberg? I'm pretty sure you did, but if you didn't, well... do it. there is a word (that I can't recall) that defines what I feel when I listen this songs but I think one word is not enough...

I listen all kinds of music though (quoting Futurama "from A.A. Milne to Z.Z. Top" :P ), I am a singer and try to compose little classical pieces but without any good results.

@matonga

I'm trying to think you weren't close enough (I'm 30)

as you can see I don't speak english, sorry about that.