Avedesk 1.4 Where Are Pidl Shortcuts?

Okay, I just downloaded avedesk 1.4 . I have Windows Vista, and the major reason I wanted Avedesk was for those Pidl shortcuts. I have tried redownloading this program various times, and can still find nothing having to do with the shortcuts. Is it a desklet I must download? Where?

I'm not running Vista, so not 100% how well avedesk plays with it.

Is Avedesk running, check the systray. If it is right click it and select Control Panel. Once this is open Choose "add desklet" at the bottom of the panel. Another window should open with the Pidl Shortcuts, double one of these and an icon should appear on your desktop.

You can now right click this icon to configure the shortcut.

I'm not running Vista, so not 100% how well avedesk plays with it.

Is Avedesk running, check the systray. If it is right click it and select Control Panel. Once this is open Choose "add desklet" at the bottom of the panel. Another window should open with the Pidl Shortcuts, double one of these and an icon should appear on your desktop.

You can now right click this icon to configure the shortcut.

I did that many times, when that list of desklets comes up, nothing saying Pidl comes up, just a bunch of other desklets :/

I did that many times, when that list of desklets comes up, nothing saying Pidl comes up, just a bunch of other desklets :/

Come on, someone has to know what is going on. This is really stupid. Not everyone has XP. And yes, I did my research and found nothing. Im not the one being lazy...

Do not bump or double post - mps69

As I said I'm not using Vista or Ave 1.4, so I'm not sure if this will work, but sure worth a try.

Go here and download 1.3, extract the pidlshortcut folder into your 1.4

Failing that if you can see the My Computer shortcut, as suggested, you could use that one, just change the target folder.

Pretty easy,

I'm pretty sure you have hidden your desktop icons, so if you go to your desklet properties, normally the style for PidlShorcut is desktop icon, all you have to do is to change it to always on bottom or on top or whatever you want ;) that’s all

• 9 months later...

I think I'm having the same problem.

PidlShortcut dissapears or they just don't load properly if I load a theme.

I can set up everything and it works, but next time I restart avedesk, PidlShortcut don't load or they show partial information about the shortcuts (or no icons at all).

it's really annoying.