Ipod Touch Jailbreaking?

Ronno

Right, so I just bought an iPod Touch 8GB G2 and have been reading about jailbreaking to allow a kind of "Disk mode" so i can customize the icons, backgrounds, add non-apple apps blah, blah. Would this be safe or would it knacker my iPod up?

Has anyone else done this yet?

cheers :D

Right, so I just bought an iPod Touch 8GB G2 and have been reading about jailbreaking to allow a kind of "Disk mode" so i can customize the icons, backgrounds, add non-apple apps blah, blah. Would this be safe or would it knacker my iPod up?

Has anyone else done this yet?

cheers :D

Dude it is totally safe to do this. I jailbroke my iPod Touch plenty of times and none of them messed up. I used Ziphone to do it. It only took like two minutes and you don't have to do anything.

Just Remember:You can always restore you iPod touch from within iTunes. You should try it out!

• 1 month later...

the suggestion to use ziphone with a 2g touch wasn't safe to begin with. 2g jailbreak has only been available for a couple of week, since March, and there is no "one-click" solution yet.

However, I tried on mine a few days ago, following the step by step instructions, and it works fine.