Stacks Docklet 2.0

hrmm i thought i posted this but doesnt seem to have been posted.

1. Id like to see the grid dlyout size changed back to the original size, atm its just massive! Maybe an option to select icon sizes? IE 64x64, 128x128 etc?

2. The fan menu is great and all, but i would much rather see a straight one, not bent like the "fan" shape. Again an option for this would be swish!

3. Flyout animation times, i really like stuff to happen instantly, the animation is nice, but after a while it just becomes a pain. Id like to speed up the animations as much as possible, or turn them off :)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please help me ...........

I always have crash problem when I log in windows:

post-97387-1237532753_thumb.jpg

I have already logged in as the administrator:

post-97387-1237532895_thumb.jpg

and I have full premission right to the rocket dock floder:

(sorry I use chinese version windows...)

post-97387-1237532582_thumb.jpg

anyone can help me??

Edited by oopp008

Sorry to note this, but I have no intention to support Vista. My objectives are Windows XP and Windows 7, and I tested SD2 a while agoe with RocketDock and Windows 7, 64 bit edition (dunno if there is a 32 bit one) and it was working almost fine (icons weren't being extracted properly, I'll install Delphi under Windows 7 when I have some spare time, to see what's going on).

You guys that are facing problems in Vista: have you tried disabling UAC?

yes I have disabled UAC,

but the problem still cannot be solved......

(in the pricture, the button is not ticked means the UAC is disabled)

post-97387-1237558134_thumb.jpg

I think vista maybe the main reason of the problem,

hopefully the problem can be solve in the next version....

p.s.stack docklet is really cool so I'll not give up using it.

I'm using rocketdock so can I use other softwares which have similar functions and can be used with stack docklet??

Hi Matonga, thx for this awsome utility.

I was testing the 17/03/2009 prebeta and tried to add a folder which contains a long path (in this case, a folder under my quicklaunch folder). When i close and restart ObjectDock 1.9, it loads that stack with a different folder: sometimes, the desktop (the stack shows with no name), sometimes the quicklaunch folder (the stack shows named QUICK~1).

The stable version works fine with these paths.

Edited by Darookan
not internet slang matonga, I've not seen it written that way before, but it's probably: for sh!ts & giggles. (meaning for the pure fun of it.) or maybe: for sugar & girls? In the end, probably just left to the tastes and imagination of the recipient of the phrase. :)

sugar & girls? cool!!! a wallpaper about sugar & girls would be cool too (no nudes please :P ).

Hi Matonga, thx for this awsome utility.

I was testing the 17/03/2009 prebeta and tried to add a folder which contains a long path (in this case, a folder under my quicklaunch folder). When i close and restart ObjectDock 1.9, it loads that stack with a different folder: sometimes, the desktop (the stack shows with no name), sometimes the quicklaunch folder (the stack shows named QUICK~1).

The stable version works fine with these paths.

The... stable version?

Hi all!

I've used Object Dock (free version) for ages now and this dockletthingy is the greatest I've ever seen! Thanks a lot matonga, awsome work!

The only problem real problem i have with the docklet is (as everyone else says) the size of the icons, they are HUGE. Whatever, I'll follow this thread. Really awsome Docklet!

Well, I've been using this version the whole week and it is as stable as it can get. Not a single error/crash of any kind, documents, programs, folders, everything runs just fine. (WinXP SP3 & OD 1.9 Plus)

Regarding of the icon size debate, I already got used to it and I think it looks gorgeous. When the advanced tab gets enabled I'll be using this same size anyway.

I've been using the 17/03/2009 with Rocket Dock on Vista Ultimate x64 for a while with little problem now, then suddenly Docklet 2.0 started to crash on me. The only thing major that I've done were installation of x64 Java RTE.

From then on I just couldn't get Docklet 2.o to run. I've reverted back to 1.0.

Im still kinda new here.. I installed this docklet in Rocket dock, and it works fine... it seems to by default be a shortcut to "My Computer"

How do I configure this to work for my Documents, Music, etc...?

And can i set it up as a list, like OS X (Fan, Grid, List)

Cheers

J

Hi, this is a special version:

http://www.file2go.net/view/50c0c0c508

This is for anyone who's dock is crashing at startup or exactly when adding a new stack.

This version will probably crash too, but it also writes a .log file (Docklets\StackDocklet2.0\StackDocklet.log). Make your docklet crash, then open the .log file with Notepad, copy and paste here (with explanation: it crashes at startup or when adding new stack?).

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Hi, this is a special version:

http://www.file2go.net/view/50c0c0c508

This is for anyone who's dock is crashing at startup or exactly when adding a new stack.

This version will probably crash too, but it also writes a .log file (Docklets\StackDocklet2.0\StackDocklet.log). Make your docklet crash, then open the .log file with Notepad, copy and paste here (with explanation: it crashes at startup or when adding new stack?).

Thanks for your feedbacks.

RK Launcher 0.41 beta 282 + Vista Home Premium 32-bit

post-36573-1238092290_thumb.jpg

[2009-03-26 20:27:08] LOG STARTED

[2009-03-26 20:27:08] > LoadBitmaps()

[2009-03-26 20:27:08] load "C:\Program Files\Dock\docklets\StackDocklet2.0\Stack.png"

[2009-03-26 20:27:08] make stack.png reflective (fix this, per stack setting... maybe)

[2009-03-26 20:27:09] load "C:\Program Files\Dock\docklets\StackDocklet2.0\Open.png"

[2009-03-26 20:27:09] < LoadBitmaps()

I'm on Vista, and as you've previously said, you're not going to support it, but I may as well try.

I've copied the contents of "StackDocklet.log" into a new "StackDocklet.txt" document, as the forums do not allow the attachment of .log files.

StackDocklet.txt

Object Dock 1.9 Build 536 crashes immediately when I try to add the docklet onto the dock.

@iSmile:

It seems to be crashing outside Stacks Docklet, so just in case I'll check this later, but thanks anyway.

@FishStik:

Oh f**** hahaha thanks! Anyone else with the log ending with "> FillProviderItems ()" please don't post until newer (more detailed log) version. Thanks for your feedback this one will be very useful.

@FishStik: --(Edit) and anyone with the "FillProviderItems" problem.--

Please download this one now:

http://www.file2go.net/view/0fa8fb9995

- It will still crash.

- It will produce a longer (more verbose) log, with full details about what's being done by "FillProviderItems".

I've been trying to crash my dock to no avail, so I need you to run these buggy versions and post the resulting logs to be able to catch the bug. I hope you don't mind. :)

Thank you.