Stacks Docklet 2.0

I never said it´s the same. But as we had Win 98 SE, which was really stable at it´s time, they gave us Win Me, which was unstable, had huge driver incompatibilities, wasted memory a lot and was in no way better than the stable system we had. Reminds you at Vista, doesn´t it.

So we layed Me in the shelf and waited for XP, as we now have Vista laying in the shelf and waiting for Win7 (or stay with XP).

he also has a real life to live (just something I assume...) ;)

Yes, I remember he wrote something about eating...

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pedobear, please show some respect to Björn he's just trying to make a point, no need to insult his intelligence.

Now to get back on topic, has anyone tried the docklet on Avedesk or anything else? I saw you got talking about the old standalone version, however what about using it straight from another app? I tried it with Ave, works awasome except there doesn't seem to be a way to make any changes to the settings. It shows My Computer, with 128 px icons and that's it. I can't find any way to change the settings (Alt/Ctrl-click doesn't work).

Is there a .ini or config file I could code manually?

Thanks!!

Yes, I remember he wrote something about eating...

LOL... I meant... connecting myself to a 110v AC power source as I usually do 2 hours per day.

I can't find any way to change the settings (Alt/Ctrl-click doesn't work).

Ooops, forgot Ave users completely :blush: I'll add this asap (lot's of pending features with checkmarks/buttons disabled will be unveiled because of the "asap" :P).

Need to leave now, myself is running out of batteries... need... power... supply... quick... Power Failure; System Shutting Down

Broadcast message from root

The system is going down for system halt NOW!

INIT: Switching to runlevel: 0

INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal

INIT: Sending processes the KILL signal

Great Job! I love the Stacks Docklet. I use 5 different stacks!

Speaking of using multiple stacks... I have to create a new folder (and rename the DLL) for each stack. Otherwise I get a Class already loaded error. This might be coming from RK Launcher. If so, no problem. I have an adequate workaround.

What I really wanted to ask for, in view of making the stack just like the one in OS X...

The OS X stack has a subtle white border outlining the grid view. It looks like it sits about 1px in (so you see the transparent grey, border, rest of stack background). Would it be possible to add this to Stack 2.0? Just an idea.

One other thing... in my stack 2.0 grid view of the Control Panel (on Vista 32-bit), all the icons appear to render beautifully except "Backup and Recovery Center" and "Programs and Features". "Backup and Recovery Center" appears to be using a 256 color image (see attached), and "Programs and Features" is just a blurry generic application icon.

Do not double post - use the edit function - mps69

post-97469-1237237809_thumb.png

FishStik - show a little respect, dude...

Matonga is one of the most prolific coders at aqua-soft, and despite his seemingly boundless desire to create community apps, he also has a real life to live (just something I assume...) ;)

I perfectly understand you can't wait to see the RC, but you'll just have to sit quietly and bit your fingernails like the rest of us...

No disrespect intended, but Matonga has posted responses to others' problems. I feel like I'm being completely ignored. Surely he saw that huge 'disrespectful' post I had earlier? But he promptly answers technosinner's question. All I want is some kind of reassurance that he acknowledges the problem (which many other users also have).

Edited by FishStik

@Fishtik:

I don't ignore some questions, believe me I read all the posts. However I have no time to check for crashes. Those are the most difficult bugs to solve because it is hard to know what's going on. Indeed the docklet crashes in my own dock too. This baby needs some more time in the incubator before it is released for real, it's just I like to give people the oportunity to test it and make comments about how the development is going on, bugs, features, differences relative to where this docklet is targetting, etc...

I don't have any preference, and I usually fix either the easier bugs or just whatever I come with when I get up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just a freeware developer with a free mind too. I usually install freebies in my computer which have bugs too and I don't expect them to be solved any time soon. I'd love to see someone selling an alternative dock with stacks, so people who can pay it would have a stable alternative and someone to complain and moan when things don't work. ;)

@technosinner:

Hey! hahaha, don't cross that line! :) the only reason is for that feature being really, really easy to implement.

Edit

@technosinner:

Ok, download last version (2009-03-17) and alt+click the docklet.

@Fishtik:

BTW just solved crash for when clicking a picture. Dunno other kind of crashes, may have been solved too or not. :\

BTW just solved crash for when clicking a picture. Dunno other kind of crashes, may have been solved too or not. :\

You DID solve the UAC crash for shortcuts running as Admin. Wonderful! B)

And... I cannot wait to see what the "Say hello" button in Advanced does... :lol: :lol:

Plus, I can see no option in Advanced for "Apply on hover effect" and the corresponding combobox to choose among at least ten different animations... :P

Really, as with version 1.0 I do hope "some" onhover gets implemented, it could be enough the title highlighting for all titles (not just for the too-long ones) though some "button face" or similar could be nicer. I guess reflections will be very nice, also, you may even combine those (no reflection on hover?) but then I don't know how things work on the Mac...

Do not double post - use the edit function - mps69

@technosinner:

Ok, download last version (2009-03-17) and alt+click the docklet.

Works perfectly except one thing: the Minimum/Maximum icon sizes options are greyed out, so all the stack icons are 128 px by default. Apart from that works like a charm! Thanks!

Edited by technosinner
@Fishtik:

My problem isn't just random crashes; When I try to add the docklet onto the dock, the whole dock crashes every time. Something is going wrong for many users, and it's not just one isolated crash.

Edited by FishStik
Works perfectly except one thing: the Minimum/Maximum icon sizes options are greyed out, so all the stack icons are 128 px by default. Apart from that works like a charm! Thanks!

Don't worry, that has nothing to do with your computer or its configuration.

Matonga just added the "advanced" tab but it's of no use as of now because it still needs to be implemented.

Bottom line: it will be added in future versions.

And yes!!

Matonga is teasing us!! LOL

I love that feeling of being intrigued :P

Edited by Impheatus
Mac doesn't have on-hover effect...

As this is a copy of the Mac stacks, Matonga may or may not add that feature.

At least that's what I think.

I remember back in the 1.0 thread that somebody showed proof that some recent OS version (don't know which, though, we should look for that post) indeed had an onhover effect... it wasn't there in the first versions but it was then added.

EDIT:

I found the posts from the 1.0 thread. In a few words, look here http://osxdaily.com/2008/01/07/highlight-s...items-on-hover/ to see how to enable the effect on Mac OS X 10.5 and get this result

stackhover.jpg

Edited by robc
Well..

it crashes when I open the rocketdock.

So ,I'll wait until the final version and make a comment :rolleyes:

@Matonga, thank you for the new update!

test on RocketDock 1.3.5, Windows7 x64 preRC build 7057.

1. PerfectDisk 10 icon disappear

2. confirmed royalknight, its crashed rocketdock when restart but can be fix by give rocketdock folder full permission right.

@Royalknight

Please try to give Full Permission right to RocketDock folder. its work for me...

@FishStik

have you try the Full Permission trick?

post-41584-1237431064_thumb.jpg

post-41584-1237431093_thumb.jpg

post-41584-1237431109_thumb.jpg

post-41584-1237431126_thumb.jpg

Edited by uuffoo
I tried that, but it still crashes when I try to add the docklet (I'm using ObjectDock btw).

@FishStik

So sorry cannot help, try to do a fresh install of Objectdock 1.9 build 536 to emulate your problem but it work fine on my system. Have the same problem long time ago with OD plus 1.9 but can fixed it by giving Full Permission to both stack (where i keep my shortcut) folder and OD plus folder.

Have you try to do a fresh install of OD as well (uninstall and delete everything related in OD folder and do reinstall)?

post-41584-1237444472_thumb.jpg

@Matonga, thank you for the new update!

test on RocketDock 1.3.5, Windows7 x64 preRC build 7057.

1. PerfectDisk 10 icon disappear

2. confirmed royalknight, its crashed rocketdock when restart but can be fix by give rocketdock folder full permission right.

@Royalknight

Please try to give Full Permission right to RocketDock folder. its work for me...

==================================================================

Thanks uuffoo.

But I have the same problem as FishStik, after I try Full Permission, it still crashes when I add "Stack Docklet2.0",

well, at least ,rocketdock can be opened.

My system is vista enterprise sp1.