Stacks Docklet 2.0

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good if all you have is one stack. But it will show that same icon for every stack.

If it were soooooooooooo important you could probably make a different docklet folder for each stack (stack1, stack2 etc.), duplicating all files and changing the stack icon, then adding one instance each to your dock...

ok i have 4 bugs.

1. Some icons dont display correctly. And i get an ugly generic icon :S

3. Would still like to see an animation time in ms in the global options so i can set this to zero :) or a check box to disable animation.

4. Still want right click support :'(

1. ya, same problem

3. would be nice

4. same :(

and 1 more question/feature request. If you do add right click support, can you possibly make an option for adding icons manually in grid/fan and ability to use pngs as icons for those? Basically simple dock on dock :D (I don't like tabbed docks and grid docklet is perfect.)

hi matonga..i did wht u said to change my folder icon in stackdocklet 2.0..but it didnt change.. refer post (#244)...i think u have to update..like behaviour of stackdocklet 1.0

Edited by cns0813h

The self-installer can't access the latest download, does anyone else know where to get the latest version?

I am using Vista Ultimate 64, Stacks worked fine, KKmenu is fine, but Stacks 2.0 crashes the dock when I try to add it (but that's not the latest version). Any ideas?

Edited by sandaili

Hello,

I signed up b/c I just wanted to thank you for creating this and 1.0. I've been using them for quite some time now and really enjoy the software/docklets, bugs and all. :)

Just had a simple question though... how can I replace the folder icon being used in a stack? For some reason, 1.0 never uses the custom folder icon's I have in use by iconpackager (from Stardock). In 2.0 (latest build), the stack will not do this as well.. and I'd like to be able to use my custom folder icon.

Here's an example:

25071568.th.jpg

Would I at least be able to somehow get the old folder look back? I don't like the new look. Ultimately I'd like to have my custom icons appear. Please ignore the spelling error in the pic. Ha. :)

Edited by pdidy
Hello,

I signed up b/c I just wanted to thank you for creating this and 1.0. I've been using them for quite some time now and really enjoy the software/docklets, bugs and all. :)

Just had a simple question though... how can I replace the folder icon being used in a stack? For some reason, 1.0 never uses the custom folder icon's I have in use by iconpackager (from Stardock). In 2.0 (latest build), the stack will not do this as well.. and I'd like to be able to use my custom folder icon.

Here's an example:

25071568.th.jpg

Would I at least be able to somehow get the old folder look back? I don't like the new look. Ultimately I'd like to have my custom icons appear. Please ignore the spelling error in the pic. Ha. :)

As jmbattle2 said in post #267, if you just delete or rename the Stack.png that came with the Docklet, it stops Stacks Docklet from accessing that gray icon with arrow, keeping your customized icon on at all times.

Perhaps my question was not clear...

I'm referring to icons in the GRID view, not the dock icon. BTW, deleting the stacks.png does not work for me, oddly (as an aside even though that's not what I was asking).

Edited by pdidy

stacktest.png

This is the look I'm trying to achieve. That is how my folders look because of my IconPackager theme (Windows Explorer shell) but Stacks uses it's own folder icons... I'd like to modify them so they aren't the typical yellow Windows icons and they are blue, like the top part of my original picture and as you see in the one in this post.

Hey guys, quick question, hopefully concerning the stack option. I was wondering if I have the latest version of the stacks docklet and if it does what it it supposed to do.

Here's the situation. I think stacks is working correctly on my pc, cause when I click on program files for example, it will show up in a grid or fan mode. I was wondering if this was all there was to the stacks docklet. I was under the impression that when you click on program files and then on another file within program files, it would, you know, stack up instead of going directly to the screen. Look at the picture below to get what I mean.

93e9ef9062152688cf3717c226e4b422.jpg

So my question is, is my stocks docklet working correctly or is it even possible to do the things above? Or is it a whole different kind of program which enables the picture above?

[snip]...when I click on program files for example, it will show up in a grid or fan mode. I was wondering if this was all there was to the stacks docklet. I was under the impression that when you click on program files and then on another file within program files, it would, you know, stack up instead of going directly to the screen....[/snip]

What you describe (grid/fan) is basically what you get with the stack. To get what you show in the picture would be another application, such as kkmenu. They each have their purpose (stack for quick access to files, and kkmenu for directory browsing), and I use both, though I use Matonga's stack docklet much much more.

@Macho, thanks for the very fast reply. I see, so I have to get a kkmenu! You don't know by chance if it's compatible with the RK launcher? I use the 0.41 version. I'll be googling for a kkmenu now.

I can confirm KK Menu works with RKLauncher. If you search around the RKL and Release sections you'll find information how it all works.

@ Matonga : why the install version ( exe ) doesn't work anymore, thank's Matonga

Fixed, check now.

Here is short description of problem:

1. Installer checks last version from my web page.

2. My web page answers with URL of last version.

3. My web page was in my desktop machine.

4. I flashed my desktop machine and the flash procedure got something wrong (it "succeeded" and let me with an unusable and unrescuable motherboard). Of course this is Intel's fault and now I'm proceeding with them for replacement under warranty conditions.

5. Now my web page is in my server. There are lot of stuff pending for upload.

6. I noticed your post and decided this one is urgent. So I've just reuploaded this.

7. My desktop machine is up and running again, because I bought a cheap Asus motherboard.

8. The idea was to sell the Asus as soon as I got the replacement motherboard.

9. But I changed my mind as soon as I got version 10.5.4 of something intel/80x86 compatible successfully installed (never got to install it in Intel DG965WH, even after trying lot of different "distro's" and versions).

10. Now I'll sell the Intel motherboard as soon as it arrives. :P

Oops, the description of the problem ended with point number 6. :D 10.5.4 may be the version of anything, such as a Linux distro, a videocamera surveillance software, etc... Installing Leopard in a PC is illegal, even if you bought the original DVD installer ("to be installed only in Apple machines", more or less it says, among other things). I wont answer posts, questions or PMs about how to install Apple products in PCs. Period.

Matonga:

Possible memory leak:

When I open or close the grid without clicking an icon, memory seems fine. However, after I click an icon within a grid, memory usage increases (about few hundred K) and does not come down when the grid closes. So after using stackdocklet for while, memory usage steadily increasing to the tune of 50M. Could you please look into that.

Thanks for a great app.

Hi Matonga,

I have just downloaded your latest version of this Stack Docklet and followed the instructions literally, in fact i put the "stacklib.dll" in rocketdock folder and stackdocklet2.0 into the docklet folder, then i go on the dock i click add new, and then as soon as i click on stackdocklet2.0 it crashes, then when i click on the icon to restart the dock it crashes automatically, but once i deleted from the folder the stacklib and the stackdocklet folder, then it worked again perfectly as it was before...

so where's the problem? I have read through the posts here and followed some things i might have made wrong, but still no result.

Can you please help me? since I enjoyed, and still ejoying the stack version 1, i though that this would have been an amazing upgrade, but then just these stupid problems :(

@punkitititi:

What dock are you using?

You may try this: install RocketDock, with option "Portable" enabled (this option appears in the installer), into <My documents> folder. Close the dock you're using, run this RocketDock and run the automated installer (so you don't have to put files here and there, it will be done by the installer automatically). Then try to add stack items into the newly installed dock to see if it works.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but I'd like to know if it is an incompatibility with SD 1, with the dock, with the O.S. or whatever is going wrong. What I mean with this is that I have no idea what the problem is, and if you try what I say in previous paragraph, it would help a lot (even if it doesn't work) to try to get to the problem, because I've been unable to reproduce the problem here.

BTW installing RocketDock in "portable" mode means you can uninstall it just by deleting installation folder and it will not leave garbage in your system ;) so it makes for a perfect sandbox testing tool.