windowblinds doesnt work

ok so i've downloaded the trial version of windowblinds 6.0 and installed it and well the program opens and everything but when i apply a theme i just get the windows classic theme. it's sooooooo annoying! i have xp. i also installed it on my laptop that runs on vista, and....... same problem :(

i've even tried those free versions that come with the crack and those don't work either. the only way that i can get themes to work right now is to use styler toolbar. i've tried to replace the uxtheme.dll and that did nothing. it just made everything windows classic and you can't change it.

so can some please help????? thank you so much.

p.s. does any1 know if it's worth buying objectdesktop? all those programs have a great user interface, and i'm not that good at that stuff. so i need something that i can use.

i've even tried those free versions that come with the crack and those don't work either. the only way that i can get themes to work right now is to use styler toolbar. i've tried to replace the uxtheme.dll and that did nothing. it just made everything windows classic and you can't change it.

Have you tried to to un-install and re-install the Windowsblinds.

Download only from Stardock site, don't use any crack version.

If you can only change themes via the styler toolbar, I'm sure they are MS Visual styles and not Windowblinds theme, however I could be wrong.

Lastly have you checked out the FAQ and forum at Stardock for install problems?

Have you tried to to un-install and re-install the Windowsblinds.

Download only from Stardock site, don't use any crack version.

If you can only change themes via the styler toolbar, I'm sure they are MS Visual styles and not Windowblinds theme, however I could be wrong.

Lastly have you checked out the FAQ and forum at Stardock for install problems?

well i've uninstalled it and re-installed it and it didn't fix it. but i didn't download it from their website so that might be it.

Where did you download it from?

well somewhere like softcrazy or brothersoft or somewhere like that. and there's a download link on adni18 and i downloaded it from there and that didn't work either. the reason why i didn't download it from stardock is that my web protection doesn't let me download from storage.stadock.......... etc

so maybe i'll ask my dad to let me download it from there. will that fix it?