Atreius Docklets - Feedback

atreiu

(Hey, this has never been discussed before, imho :confused: . But as you wish: end of subject for me here in public, too.)

Feedback about the new songbird.dll?

Well like I said, it works here. I'm not sure if Panta has songbird o_O

Here's a silly little side feature request: make the little bird's eyes open when songbird is running :P Totally useless and cute.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well like I said, it works here. I'm not sure if Panta has songbird o_O

Here's a silly little side feature request: make the little bird's eyes open when songbird is running :P Totally useless and cute.

Hehe, sweet idea, and this can be done pretty easy: Just modify the "controls.png". Add only the eyes to it. I'm not good at photoshop, but if someone else send me a .png, i would be happy to include it into the download :)

There's a thread for docklet feature requests? o_O Where?

Also... XDesktoplet is causing division by 0 error when added, and doesn't start working.

Thanks for the eyes..... :D

About Desktoplet: I can't copy your problem.

1.) Did you try it in a new Profile (backup your old three .xml files, then delete them)?

2.) What is your Screenresolution?

3.) What is the resolution of your Wallpaper? These are the only values i calculate with...

Just a small contribution for those who may need using GUIDs for accessing 'special places' in Windows:

Administrative Tools "::{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}"

Briefcase "::{85BBD920-42A0-1069-A2E4-08002B30309D}"

Control Panel "::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002b30309d}"

Fonts "::{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524152}"

History "::{FF393560-C2A7-11CF-BFF4-444553540000}"

Inbox "::{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

Microsoft Network "::{00028B00-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

My Computer "::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"

My Documents "::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}"

My Network Places "::{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}"

Network Computers "::{1f4de370-d627-11d1-ba4f-00a0c91eedba}"

Network Connections "::{7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}"

Printers and Faxes "::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}"

Programs Folder "::{7be9d83c-a729-4d97-b5a7-1b7313c39e0a}"

Recycle Bin "::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"

Scanners and Cameras "::{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}"

Scheduled Tasks "::{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}"

Start Menu Folder "::{48e7caab-b918-4e58-a94d-505519c795dc}"

Temporary Internet Files "::{7BD29E00-76C1-11CF-9DD0-00A0C9034933}"

Web Folders "::{BDEADF00-C265-11d0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}"

ps: remove "" before using... ;)

Everything´s fine with all of them! Congs & Thx, but yes... I´ll be waiting for the Xmail update, the sound feature it´s gonna be great, but if you can make it free to choose wav or mp3 would be wonderful, also, you know what? ,a running indicator wont be a bad idea... what you think?

Greetings dude!

Everything´s fine with all of them! Congs & Thx, but yes... I´ll be waiting for the Xmail update, the sound feature it´s gonna be great, but if you can make it free to choose wav or mp3 would be wonderful, also, you know what? ,a running indicator wont be a bad idea... what you think?

Greetings dude!

Hey, it will take a while, till sound-notification is implemented...

But Running Indicator should work with the current Version (v0.30). If it doesn't work for you, please tell me what your "run on click" command (last Tab in the settings) is.

Hey Atreiu!

I like the last Xanimation docklet :) So far i like it since the default explorer icon (my computer) didnt jump on click, now i have 2 animations for it ^^. Nevertheless i do have a request for this. When the option of "Animate on mouse over" is cheked, the animation should loop during the time that the icon has main focus, when the respective label shows. Is it possible?

Thanks again for your docklets!

Hey Atreiu!

I like the last Xanimation docklet :) So far i like it since the default explorer icon (my computer) didnt jump on click, now i have 2 animations for it ^^. Nevertheless i do have a request for this. When the option of "Animate on mouse over" is cheked, the animation should loop during the time that the icon has main focus, when the respective label shows. Is it possible?

Thanks again for your docklets!

Hi Churchpunk, due to a Bug in the API, looping is not working very well (the looping yes, but it doesn't stop correct ;)). I implemented it anyway, so you can try it. Also I did some minor performance improvements, I don't know if they can be felt. But it's worth to download the update, I think.

Is it possible, that you can share any of your animated Icons?

Ok, so i downloaded the new version, and performancewise i couldnt notice anything ^^.

What i did notice was the new option of "Loop (not working correct)", which works as if the animation is there ALL the time :) IF you pull the cursor upwards from the docklet (not moving to other icons on the side through the dock). Dunno if its a bug or a feature :P

The only animated icon ive done is a glowing effect on the Desktop.ico from the Litho package. Right now is glowing the whole time wich is fun but a bit distracting ^^ (glowing is subtle so its ok). But if i come with better ideas ill let you know!

Ok, so i downloaded the new version, and performancewise i couldnt notice anything ^^.

What i did notice was the new option of "Loop (not working correct)", which works as if the animation is there ALL the time :) IF you pull the cursor upwards from the docklet (not moving to other icons on the side through the dock). Dunno if its a bug or a feature :P

[...]

That's what I was trying to explain, when I referred to my post at the Bug-Thread

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....2782#post522782 ;)

Edit: About performance: can you tell me, how well do multiple Animations go for you? If I have 3 x XAnimation on my Docklet next to each other, set "Animate on Mouse Over" for every one, and then move my mouse over all of them, so there are 3 Animation at the same time, the performance is really bad. CPU goes up to 95% and the animation is very slow. But my PC is 3 years old, so.... How does it work for you?

I wish i could improve performance more, but i haven't any experience with GDI+ Graphics, so I don't really know how to speed things up (which functions are slow, which are fast, how to cache, etc...) :o

Hey, it will take a while, till sound-notification is implemented...

But Running Indicator should work with the current Version (v0.30). If it doesn't work for you, please tell me what your "run on click" command (last Tab in the settings) is.

I´ll be waiting for those... ;)

Hey my friend, here I am again, well my settings are set to http://mail.google.com, and it opens with internet Explorer, but, is there a way to do it with Windows Safari?

Also I wanted to ask you about the XAnimation Docklet, well ask and suggest; I did my own animated icons, set them to animate on mouse over, everything fine till I click any of them, the jump in kinda slow motion, then when they reach the top, then they jump smooth like they should to do it, is this just happening to me? I got a Intel Core 2Duo @ 2.20Ghz and 2GB of RAM, so it isn´t the prob, right?

And my suggestion would be that maybe you can make a version of XAnimation for stacks icons.

Greetings!

I´ll be waiting for those... ;)

Hey my friend, here I am again, well my settings are set to http://mail.google.com, and it opens with internet Explorer, but, is there a way to do it with Windows Safari?

If you only enter a URL, XMail doesn't know, which Program will open the URL (your default program should open it) => no Running Indicator. It doesn't make sense, too, because I won't check the URL you are currently visiting, the running indicator would be on the whole time, while you are browsing. => So, running indicator only works and makes sense with Email-Programs like Thunderbird.

To open the URL in Safari, you have to use a parameter. I guess something like ["C:/youpathto/Safari/Safari.exe" http://mail.google.com] (the text between the [ ]). But I don't have Safari, so i can't check the exact command. Google is your friend ;)

Also I wanted to ask you about the XAnimation Docklet, well ask and suggest; I did my own animated icons, set them to animate on mouse over, everything fine till I click any of them, the jump in kinda slow motion, then when they reach the top, then they jump smooth like they should to do it, is this just happening to me? I got a Intel Core 2Duo @ 2.20Ghz and 2GB of RAM, so it isn´t the prob, right?

I have the same issue. I guess it only can be solved, if Bobah implements nativ aPNG support. Till then you have to decide: jump OR animate.

And my suggestion would be that maybe you can make a version of XAnimation for stacks icons.

Sorry, not possible. Docklets can't mess with Stacks behavior or look.

Greetings!

Thanks, and cheers! :)

To open the URL in Safari, you have to use a parameter. I guess something like ["C:/youpathto/Safari/Safari.exe" http://mail.google.com] (the text between the [ ]). But I don't have Safari, so i can't check the exact command. Google is your friend ;)

Program: C:Program filesSafariSafari.exe

Parameters: [noparse]http://mail.google.com[/noparse]

(just tested it from a command-line and works, Safari 3.2.1 (525.27.1), Windows XP SP 2.

Has anyone actually successfully downloaded XBattery? I'm trying since I noticed it listed at the first post but no luck so far... no matter if I use FF, IE or Opera for that. Any hints?

Btw, it's hard to know when a docklet gets published/updated. Have you stopped updating the RSS feed you created for that? The one you announced at Update Tracker? Should I consider that thread dead?

Has anyone actually successfully downloaded XBattery? I'm trying since I noticed it listed at the first post but no luck so far... no matter if I use FF, IE or Opera for that. Any hints?

Yeah, I just downloaded it twice, using Chrome and Firefox.

Great work Atreiu. I love being able to switch themes on the battery docklet.

I don't see on that update tracker something new about XBattery...neigher the old version of...

Where Atreiu published that version?

Hmmm

Sorry..I forgot that Atreiu published his stuff on his skydrive..;)

http://cid-c9d5b566f6aa2531.skydrive.live....ic/XWD-Docklets

This is happen when u don;t come here often :D

PS: What's happen with all u skins...or it's a time pause ?! :D

Mine are...just finished..hope soon to published new version of ..and new theme skins too :D

Cya