Atreius Docklets - Feedback

atreiu

Feedback

for Atreius Docklets

EDIT:

Hi everybody, I just want to tell you, that I leave this forum here, but I do not quit coding my Docklets for XWindowsDock.

If you want to give feedback, please do this from now on in my Google-Group: http://groups.google.com/group/atreius-xwd-docklets

You can keep Track on the changes to my Docklets here and still download my Docklets from my Skydrive.

Greetings, Atreiu :)

PS: I will be available through PM here, too, but I do not respond in the forum anymore.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have no questions, they're all great. good job

I second this. Your doing an awesome job dude, really, and your the only one developing docklets for XWD.

I would however like to request that you take a break you "Workaholic". Hehe.

But on a serious note: I would like for the XMail Docklet being able to receive messages from Yahoo as a option.

I second this. Your doing an awesome job dude, really, and your the only one developing docklets for XWD.

I would however like to request that you take a break you "Workaholic". Hehe.

But on a serious note: I would like for the XMail Docklet being able to receive messages from Yahoo as a option.

What do you mean with "Messages from Yahoo"? Emails on your Yahoo account? Or a Instant Messenger?

im waiting for you to update your xmail docklet and add 2 functions: sound when unread/new mail, and indicator of the app chosen :)

Sure, both will come. The update for 5.6 soon, the "new mail" feature some years later :P

Hehe, thanks. I like your Avatar, you don't have a wallpaper from this picture, do you? Because my currently favorite Wallpaper is this Movie-Still here. (One of the best movies ever, imho).

no, my icon is from a picture of a single frame of imax footage. i don't think that angle itself is in the actual movie, the camera switches away from the joker right away. if you have the bluray version you might be able to save a frame of the movie as a wallpaper with vlc, if it's big enough.

no, my icon is from a picture of a single frame of imax footage. i don't think that angle itself is in the actual movie, the camera switches away from the joker right away. if you have the bluray version you might be able to save a frame of the movie as a wallpaper with vlc, if it's big enough.

No blueray, yet :( But thanks for the info.

Just on a whim, could you set the default location of the songbird exe to it's default installation location? Heheh.

Hehe. I think a wrong path will cause more confusion than a missing path. I would love to fill in the actual Songbird-Path, but I don't know a way to find it... Do you know if Songbird creates registry-value for this or something?

Hehe. I think a wrong path will cause more confusion than a missing path. I would love to fill in the actual Songbird-Path, but I don't know a way to find it... Do you know if Songbird creates registry-value for this or something?

mmm... I'll look for it. What about testing to see if the songbird exe exists in the default path, and if yes, set it, and if not, leave it blank?

mmm... I'll look for it. What about testing to see if the songbird exe exists in the default path, and if yes, set it, and if not, leave it blank?

Yeah, I probably will do this, if you can't find anything better. The default path is just [Program Files-Folder]Songbird , isn't it? I don't have it there myself :P

I found it :D

My computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Songbird/[versionnumber]/InstallDir

Not sure if you can scrub through all the keys under songbird looking for installdir, but if you can, you've got your key :)

Hey, thanks! I'll try to do implement it! :) EDIT: Oh, it's not that easy, because if you had more than 1 version installed, you get more of these .../InstallDir. But I try to use the Date given in the [versionnumber]-keyname and then try to use the most recent entry.

Hey, thanks! I'll try to do implement it! :) EDIT: Oh, it's not that easy, because if you had more than 1 version installed, you get more of these .../InstallDir. But I try to use the Date given in the [versionnumber]-keyname and then try to use the most recent entry.

By the way, if you install, and it auto-updates, the keys aren't changed or created. Only the installer creates the keys, I think.

You may get into trouble with users that don't have administrative rights tho... worth checking this condition before implementing this change. ;)

Users without admin privs can't see the registry? no way... How do programs run then o_O

First thanks Atreius for your hard word on the docklets!

I have 2 request for XCal, I know option for miniCal will come later, but I want to make some requests.

-Change the blue square of the current day by something that fit better with the miniCal, maybe just a white line around the number.

-I don't know if it possible, but add shadow around the miniCal?

Guys, let's keep this thread for feedback only; please redirect requests and the like to the corresponding main thread to avoid duplicating info. ;)

There's a thread for docklet feature requests? o_O Where?

Also... XDesktoplet is causing division by 0 error when added, and doesn't start working.

@Panta, AndrewYY: Can you give the registry searching-thing a try?

songbird.dll

In the worst case, it should retrieve an empty path (like now). In the best way, it should retrieve the Path to the Songbird version, that you have accessed the last time. But no error messages should appear in any way. I have only tested it on XP, but it works here :)

About where to ask for docklet requests etc: It is just not clear. The normal "Bug Report for 5.6" etc. refers to XWD directly, it is not clear, that it is for XWD and Docklets (and skins and languages? I don't know). Like I said, i received some PMs from people who are confused...

As a developer I must say, that it is more easy to follow one Thread, that is concerning my Docklets, than to follow three or four with mixed up topics. As a user, I can choose between two evils: having problems to find answers in a single, but very long and mixed up thread, or having problem to find the correct thread, where to look for. I really don't know, what is better from a users point of view... But from the developers point of view, the things is clear. And developers should be unburdened ;)

First thanks Atreius for your hard word on the docklets!

I have 2 request for XCal, I know option for miniCal will come later, but I want to make some requests.

-Change the blue square of the current day by something that fit better with the miniCal, maybe just a white line around the number.

-I don't know if it possible, but add shadow around the miniCal?

Hey Bluebyt, the square-color is taken from your system, it's your "selected" color, you should recognize it from your Windows-Explorer or something. But I will try to use a beautiful, but fixed color, in the next version.

Your second request is more difficult, because i would have to use a totally different method of showing and creating the mini-color. I'm already on something, which would give the user the ability to skin most parts of the Mini-Cal, including a transparent-background-image. Then a background-image with a shadow can be created.

But till this is implemented, it's a really looong run. It probably takes weeks or even month, if I can do it at all.

But maybe there is another developer around here, who can code me a skinable Mini-Calendar. Then please contact me :)

@Panta, AndrewYY: Can you give the registry searching-thing a try?

songbird.dll

In the worst case, it should retrieve an empty path (like now). In the best way, it should retrieve the Path to the Songbird version, that you have accessed the last time. But no error messages should appear in any way. I have only tested it on XP, but it works here :)

About where to ask for docklet requests etc: It is just not clear. The normal "Bug Report for 5.6" etc. refers to XWD directly, it is not clear, that it is for XWD and Docklets (and skins and languages? I don't know). Like I said, i received some PMs from people who are confused...

As a developer I must say, that it is more easy to follow one Thread, that is concerning my Docklets, than to follow three or four with mixed up topics. As a user, I can choose between two evils: having problems to find answers in a single, but very long and mixed up thread, or having problem to find the correct thread, where to look for. I really don't know, what is better from a users point of view... But from the developers point of view, the things is clear. And developers should be unburdened ;)

Just one thing to say: you won't start it all over again, will you??? End of subject!!
Just one thing to say: you won't start it all over again, will you??? End of subject!!

(Hey, this has never been discussed before, imho :confused: . But as you wish: end of subject for me here in public, too.)

Feedback about the new songbird.dll?