Looking for good & free Webspace

atreiu

Hi!

I'm uploading a lot of stuff to the XWindowsDock forum lately, and it's becoming more and more inconvenient (the webinterface, the deleting/re-uploading every single file, etc).

So I'm looking for an alternative!

I already tried Windows-Live-Skydrive, which i can embed into my Windows explorer and is quite nice for Files. But the problem with it is, that I can't embed images i've uploaded in Skydrive here in this forum (with BB-Code). So I'm looking for alternative:

Free Webspace, accessible through WebDAV or FTP, so i can embed Images from there in the forum here and share my files through direct download links.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Atreiu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Freeola at http://freeola.com/ . They have a very good helpdesk as well, and you talk to real people who know their jobs, not to call centre people who read from a script. You obviously have to pay to register a domain name, but the server space carries no charge and there are no adverts on the web pages you create. Furthermore you get a growing discount the more web sites you place with them. I use WS_FTP Lite to transfer my files - no problem. I rate them very highly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dreamhost is a really good host, I use it and it has been the best (free or paid) that I've used. It is more than some budget hosts but I think it offers greater value for money with SVN, CVS, PHP, Python, MySQL, 200GB of space (per mo.), 2 TB of transfer (per mo.). Also your space and transfer limit increases every week. I really recommend it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Try the one and only king of free file hosting sites.."www.Mediafire.com" ..

Unlimited uploads.

unlimited downloads.

Download Resume supported

Parallel Downlaods.

Top High Speed Downloads.

Unlimited Space Storage.

Unlimited Bandwith.

Rasily handle files.....

i guess this is the only site which gives all these features..and still it can give you more extra ordinary features if you become a premium user..

so i strongly prefer to use mediafire.com..

Try the one and only king of free file hosting sites.."www.Mediafire.com" ..

Unlimited uploads.

unlimited downloads.

Download Resume supported

Parallel Downlaods.

Top High Speed Downloads.

Unlimited Space Storage.

Unlimited Bandwith.

Rasily handle files.....

i guess this is the only site which gives all these features..and still it can give you more extra ordinary features if you become a premium user..

so i strongly prefer to use mediafire.com..

Agree !!!

• 2 months later...