Feature Requests For V5.6

Panta

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you guys are requesting is a "mask" function for icons reflection?

If it's that. Then I hope BOBAH13 implemments it for a next release!!!

not a mask. Just another line in the config.txt will be enough.

Something like this maybe:

Use3D=yes

PanelHeight=40

BottomReflection=0

TopReflection=X

DrawAs=strech

LeftBorder=LeftBorder.png

Could it be possible to make icon size decrease at the extreme end of the bar? Past the middle of the last icon, nothings happen. I would like it to unzoom a bit.
In fact, it'd have to affect not only the extremities but also all along the dock. Place your mouse pointer at one extremity of an icon at any point in the dock, then move it slowly throughout the icon till the other extremity; you'll see that there's no size variation at all! The extremities are only the most noticeable parts of this (I prefer the way the other docks do it; there's more fluidity). But then, it's up to bobah!

Request : If possible, if you've used a real m*c, for example the newest one leopard, when you minimize the window, it shows the actual size and shape of window

for example I have (AIM window) and I minimized it, it should be a tall minimized icon instead of a square shaped icon...

I mean it's not big of a deal, but it's a great feature to include next...

if turned down it's okay. it's worth trying to tell people about it :)

I'll post this again because I don't know why my last posts were deleted:

I got two requests for a next release:

1. I would like an option to reflect the icons just like the gallery does: with a gradient.

It could be made as a second type of icon reflection

*I really think it would be a really nice option.

**If it is not possible to make it as an option then it would be great to have the possibility to customize reflection, maybe defining the gradient size, percentage or something.

To understand better what I mean, please look at the first image...

2. Another great option to implement: the ability to change the size of the stack icons preview.

Please look in the second image, there I show which are those icons I'd like to resize...

post-92675-1232431789_thumb.png

post-89-1232431789_thumb.png

@Mattey: they were deleted because (follow the timeline):

1. You double-posted;

2. The two posts were merged by me and a warning has been added;

3. You removed my warning (don't do that!) and then posted again, in sequence (anoder double post!).

So, if you want that your posts remain untouched, please follow the rules (both of Aqua-Soft and ours) and don't remove moderators' messages! :slant:

hmm.. lazy to find in this a thread if any1 posted about the icons quality..

its look like XWD icons a little bit blurry for me, compared it to Objectdock icons.. can u improve the icons quality.. i want to use it but the quality of the icons are very2 bad n quite irritating to my eye so i switched back to objectdock.. i'll post the screenshot next time..

btw.. im using the XWD 5.3 ... goin to test XWD 5.4

2 XMail author:

I think that's good idea toopen exactly that account that was clicked, if it's possible

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogi...google.com/mail

This is a good idea! But I'm not sure when i can implement, because I currently don't get the exact location/size of the icon, so it's hard to figure out, which badge you clicked at. But it would be a nice gimmick, i added it to the Wishlist at the end of the Docklet post.

Mattey, what do you mean? I don't understand :(

Copy that, don't understand you, Mattey. Do you want your preview Icons to be larger than every other icon on the dock?!

@Bobah:

Docklets-API Request:

It would be cool, if you could pass the "Mouse-Position on the Icon" in the X_OnExec(), like:

function X_OnExec(Index: Integer; X, Y: Integer): Boolean stdcall;

You do this for the X_OnMouseMove() already:

function X_OnMouseMove(Index: Integer; X, Y: Integer): Boolean stdcall;

That way, i could very easy use the Icon as a little control, where the User can Start/Stop/Skip track of their musicplayer, Mute the volume, or open a specific Website, like TNK2005 suggested in his XMail request. It would give a lot of nice possibilities for Docklet-Developers.

Here is Some of my feature Requests:

- System Tray implementation or docklet

- Possibility to Change the Place where the dock is (ie. put the dock on the top, left, right...)

- Possibility to Change Effects when Clicking a Icon (Like Bouncing, Shaking..)

- Option to Hide the Windows Taskbar.

...that is it, thanks and sorry my bad english

...with the icon size parameter? Why on earth would you want to only change the size of stack icons?

OK, OK. I give you reason. But It's about changing the PREVIEWS' size, NOT the stack icon's size.

Anyway, I got another request:

I would like an option to hide OFF SCREEN the dock.

(like RocketDock does)...

How about using "Hide dock in: x seconds."?

seriously, stop with that, will you?

I AM SORRY... REALLY, REALLY SORRY!!!

I apologize for my ignorance: I didn't even check what that option was for...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Then, let me change my request:

I would like the dock to hide off-screen IMMEDIATELY, and not to wait for a second.

Because, when I put the option "Hide dock in: 0 seconds", the dock doesn't hide.

So i'd like this option to have a check to indicate if I want to hide the dock, or not.

(Instead of getting disabled when I put it in "0 seconds")

hmm.. lazy to find in this a thread if any1 posted about the icons quality..

its look like XWD icons a little bit blurry for me, compared it to Objectdock icons.. can u improve the icons quality.. i want to use it but the quality of the icons are very2 bad n quite irritating to my eye so i switched back to objectdock.. i'll post the screenshot next time..

btw.. im using the XWD 5.3 ... goin to test XWD 5.4

i take back my words.. XWD 5.4 has better quality icons... i like it... but there need some improvements... i hate the new skin format especially for stack.. i used the skin posted in the forums, the dock skin is perfect but the stack skin is very2 hideous.. inside is black, but the border is white.. does not resemble stack skin like the old one.. so improve the skin.. or revert back to old one...

i take back my words.. XWD 5.4 has better quality icons... i like it... but there need some improvements... i hate the new skin format especially for stack.. i used the skin posted in the forums, the dock skin is perfect but the stack skin is very2 hideous.. inside is black, but the border is white.. does not resemble stack skin like the old one.. so improve the skin.. or revert back to old one...

I said about it, in the next version you will be able to use not all of the item's of the skin :) for example only left,middle,right*border.png :) read about it in "How should skins.."

Icons for applications, etc. that you add to the dock are generated from the icon of the added element, so there's not much the program can do about that; nonetheless, you can select 'Edit' and then change it for a PNG image. This way the quality improves a lot.

About the stack 'skin', I don't get what you mean by hideous; you can change the internal color via 'Preferences' or you can edit the skin, then pick another border images and save it for your own use. You can even make it look just like in previous versions...

Perhaps someone could make a program that will automatically minimize any window to the SysTray, with a feature that will allow custom menus in that window when you right click it(like a link to the options or something). After which someone can implement a feature (similar to RK, perhaps a docklet) that will show those SysTray icons.