Help Center - Ask for help ONLY here!

blackbelt534

ok, my problem is that I was trying to add a file to Xwindowsdock, when I couldn't find it I just typed it into the file name bar, upon doing that it added an invisible icon (that i can not right click) pictured below. How to I delete that icon?

You can try to find the data in the dockitems.xml and delete this data. But this an advanced step, you might make it worse, if you don't know what you are doing.

So I would suggest, to delete dockitems.xml & dockletsdata.xml. You will loose all your Dock-items with this step and have to start over again, but it will work for sure. Next time, better backup your existing Settings using the profile manager, from time to time.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys.. im not sure if these are bugs.. so posting here for clarification.

1. when i add a stack icon to a stack, the icons becomes very small and look really strange. Without the stack icon, things look A-ok. Images attaches for with and without.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/stack_w_icon.png

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/stack_wo_icon.png

2. in trying to create a skin for the grid. However, the grid left png is not being recognized. I've had other issues where it was miscalculating right sometimes and so on. screenshot of the problem here

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/stack_grid_left.png

By Panta: moved. If you need help, this is the right thread for posting it... :slant:

I get this message when I try to run XWD 5.4. I tried to reinstalled and redownloaded it, but I have the same problem :S Im using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1

By Panta: moved. No need for creating yet another help thread...

I get this message when I try to run XWD 5.4. I tried to reinstalled and redownloaded it, but I have the same problem :S Im using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1

when reinstalling, did you clear the previous installation?

By Panta: moved along with the previous post.

By Panta: moved. No need for creating yet another help thread...

Please try a reinstall into a different directory, and report back, if this helped.

Hi everybody,

I can't rename labels in stack. Is there the possibility to rename them ?

Because I've created a folder on my HDD called "Applications" with some shortcuts of ".exe" files. In XWD, I made a stack with this folder.

But the names aren't the good ones:

ex: Word is named "wordicon", Excel > "xlicon"...

I can edit the icons but not the labels...

Many thanks for your help... and sorry for my bad english ! ;)

By Panta: moved. This is the right thread for finding help... :slant:

post-75144-1232635617_thumb.jpg

Hi everybody,

I can't rename labels in stack. Is there the possibility to rename them ?

Because I've created a folder on my HDD called "Applications" with some shortcuts of ".exe" files. In XWD, I made a stack with this folder.

But the names aren't the good ones:

ex: Word is named "wordicon", Excel > "xlicon"...

I can edit the icons but not the labels...

Many thanks for your help... and sorry for my bad english ! ;)

If you would have looked into the Help Center Thread, instead the Releases Thread, you would have find this post: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....1197#post521197 ;)

guys.. im not sure if these are bugs.. so posting here for clarification.

1. when i add a stack icon to a stack, the icons becomes very small and look really strange. Without the stack icon, things look A-ok. Images attaches for with and without.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/stack_w_icon.png

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/stack_wo_icon.png

2. in trying to create a skin for the grid. However, the grid left png is not being recognized. I've had other issues where it was miscalculating right sometimes and so on. screenshot of the problem here

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/163717/stack_grid_left.png

By Panta: moved. If you need help, this is the right thread for posting it... :slant:

1. I can't understand, did you use min size of icons ? or can't you use option to change size of icon ?

2. I think you made not correct skin files... because width of grid - lefttop and left should be equal... so, look at skins using grid-skin

You can try to find the data in the dockitems.xml and delete this data. But this an advanced step, you might make it worse, if you don't know what you are doing.

So I would suggest, to delete dockitems.xml & dockletsdata.xml. You will loose all your Dock-items with this step and have to start over again, but it will work for sure. Next time, better backup your existing Settings using the profile manager, from time to time.

Thanks for the help, I have Xwindowsdock 5.2.3 also stored on my computer, so I use it as a backup. I may try the profile manager though

1. I can't understand, did you use min size of icons ? or can't you use option to change size of icon ?

2. I think you made not correct skin files... because width of grid - lefttop and left should be equal... so, look at skins using grid-skin

1. When I use a stack icon, the the folder icons in the stack look very small. Look at the no icon image. When I don't use a stack icon, the the folder icons are normal size. I didnt find an option for min size of icons (unless you are referring to the grid icon size). This has nothing to do with grid. This is just the stack icon on the dock itself.

2. grid-lefttop and grid-left are 10px wide. I can attach the grid pngs here if needed. where can i find grid-skin

thanks

post-87295-1232671997.png

post-89-1232671997.png

@ periferral, I'm not sure if I've got this right but a (possible) reason why a stack of icons (without a chosen "stack icon" overlay) are smaller than the normal dock icons, is because BOBAH13 adjusted them to 'fit' well within a "stack icon" overlay (right-click->stack icon->change) so when you do not use a stack icon, it looks improperly scaled.

A simple 'fix' would be for BOBAH13 to code: If user has not selected a stack icon via the above method, have the icon size = the user selected: "icon size" in the preferences.

I might not have the above correct since I'm not at a computer running XWD right now to check.

EDIT: I just realized your problem has nothing to do with what I described above :) Teaches me to read more carefully. Disregard above.

I have install and looks great but XWindows Dock need more Ram also RK Launcher. In RK Launcher i can maker the Symbol bigger with the Mouse, in XWindows Dock i can not use this.

I hope you can make this in the next Version.

By Panta: moved. Please, before posting look at the threads in our forum and find the right place for posting it... :slant:

I have install and looks great but XWindows Dock need more Ram also RK Launcher. In RK Launcher i can maker the Symbol bigger with the Mouse, in XWindows Dock i can not use this.

I hope you can make this in the next Version.

XWindowsDock needs more RAM, because it has much more effects and features, than RKLauncher. If you want just a fast, smooth and small Dock, you should stay with RK. If you want very nice effects, build in stacks and gallery, you will have to pay with more RAM and CPU. This will not change in next versions, it's just the nature of things :)

You can make the Symbols bigger with your Mouse.

Do you want all the Symbols being bigger all the time? Than click on a Separator and and move the Mouse up or down.

Do you want the Symbols become only bigger, if your Mouse is over it? Then go to "Settings" -> "Icons" -> enable the Option "Magnify" and play around with the values "Icon Size" and "Icon Size when hovered".

I don't know if you mean sizing icons, if it's that can be done by dragging any separator up and down (just like in real Mac OS X)

Do you want the Symbols become only bigger, if your Mouse is over it? Then go to "Settings" -> "Icons" -> enable the Option "Magnify" and play around with the values "Icon Size" and "Icon Size when hovered".

Ok thank you, working now.

@ Atreiu

Thanks man, it work like a charm thanks :D

@ Panta: Sorry for posting in a wrong thread :S

Glad i could help. You might also want to take a look at the XWD Profile-Manager: You can Backup your existing settings with it from time to time, and if you have a problem again, just restore your Backup. This can fix some of the problems, without the need to reinstall ;)