iPhone Firmware 2.2 Now Available

alpha2zulu

[newsimg]http://www.aqua-soft.org/media/news/30605a700487cda7e008c3c6e4be6e58.png[/newsimg]Apple has released another software update for iPhone, version 2.2. The most notable new features add functionality to the Google Maps application. These include Google Street View, walking directions, and public transit information such as fares, schedules, and travel time estimations. You can also now show the address of dropped pins and share your location with others via e-mail.

Other features:

• Decrease in-call setup failures and dropped calls.
  • You can now download podcasts via the iTunes application.
  • Improved stability and performance in Safari.
  • Improved sound quality of Visual Voicemail.
  • Enhancements to the Mail application include fixes to scheduled e-mail fetching and improved formatting of wide HTML e-mails.
  • You can now turn off several of the keyboard's auto-correction features via Settings.
  • While viewing one of your many Home screens, pushing the Home button takes you back to the first.

madd....

but I get the feeling Apple is doing what Apple wants to do... while ignoring all our pleas...

MMS I thought was overated, until a friend sent me one the other day I was left thinking... JEES I wish my iphone could just open it...

Yep agreed, the non-horizontal keyboard is cramped and frustrating still.

Its nice to know though, that I can now turn off that annoying auto correct. bring on z txt msgs woot zomg!

And hurry up Apple, just release your own spoken turn by turn GPS app already! (and make it possible to pre-download maps, as data plans in Australia are expensive!)

ohh and a horizontal word processing app would be nice too. (with basics- bold font, colours).