Bug Report Center

siik

Since last version i found this, when dock has the auto hide option enabled and cursor goes out from dock focus, if you place the cursor a few seconds after just about near the dock it shows up... pooof just like that, hum... for make it clear, let´s say that I use the dock and launch Windows media player, just after that I want to press the play button but I can´t because the dock shows up (obviously i got the always on top enabled and that´s the way i use it, otherwise i will be using my desktop icons LOL!). this happens for me most of the time, not always.

So if someone else report this try to check it out.

The same, but I know what you could do, Vladimir. Just implement 'auto focus' feature in next versions, like in other docks, OB or RK. So it sits in the background and when you have window on top of it after some time it cames to the top. It would be the best solution, tho.

EDIT:: found bug

Vladimir, I don't know what is this, but whenever I click on Control Panel, icon jumps and nothing happens.

I deleted it, added again - Control panel, and it has link to : "::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069....something" . I have official Vista SP1.

Just can't access control panel. Whenever I try to add shortcut to CP manually by dragging CP to dock "This interface is not handled" dialog appears. Any solution? Not a big bug, but, just can't access CP. :) I had this issue in old version , 5.2.1. too. Just wondering why.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One issue only with 5.2 version: dock locked up, rapidly magnifying then shrinking like in a loop. Cursor and everything else worked okay. Had to restart the dock then it was fine.

Still, awesome dock overall! thanks very much for this!!

edit: happened twice now. running xp sp3. I think both times it happened after watching video. if no one else experienced this maybe its my pc ?

Ok BOBAH13, but don´t forget about the lock icons option, i saw someone requested and it´s not a bad idea for our dock.

Over...

Lock icons, but not like in other docks: Only lock dragging them OUT OF DOCK. But let it be possibility to move them to different positions, and most important - while locked - let the trash work :)

Vladimir, I don't know what is this, but whenever I click on Control Panel, icon jumps and nothing happens.

I deleted it, added again - Control panel, and it has link to : "::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069....something" . I have official Vista SP1.

Just can't access control panel. Whenever I try to add shortcut to CP manually by dragging CP to dock "This interface is not handled" dialog appears. Any solution? Not a big bug, but, just can't access CP. :) I had this issue in old version , 5.2.1. too. Just wondering why.

Go to add file and find the control.exe, usually it's in C:WindowsSystem32. Then just change the icon and edit the caption.

what is the difference? It compiled my themes propely, but freezeeeeed whole PC for some time :D

Go to add file and find the control.exe, usually it's in C:WindowsSystem32. Then just change the icon and edit the caption.

wow, thanks, it works now. I didn't even tho I could work this around this way

Hey,

i have a problem since many versions before xD ( dont know which one^^ ).

If go in Hibernate Mode on Windows ( dont if this called right in english, but it is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernate_(OS_feature) ) and starting my Computer again, the Dock shows no icons, just the Dock-Skin.

Also i had an error ( maybe already fixed ), dock is "invisble" and if go with the mouse on the position where the dock should be again appear, it "drives" away :-D from bottom to the Top ^^

But, well no software is bugfree :), gratulation u have created ( and still working on it :) ) an awesome app :)

Best Regards,

Eugen

Bobah13,

Re-post from here: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...&postcount=2268

I have an issue which I hope you can find a solution for.. a hefty bug but I'm not certain if it's been mentioned yet.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install XWD

2. Enable "Minimize Windows to Dock"

3. Select Genie Effect.

4. Open "My Computer"

5. Minimize "My Computer" window.

6. Open "My Computer" again (Lauch from Start Menu, or other shortcut) while first "My Computer" is still minimized.

7. "My Computer" Window will appear on the screen, however, the problem is, it will not be able to be minimized until you restore the original minimized "My Computer" window in the dock.

Could you please correct this bug. The dock should restore the original "My Computer" window (with Genie Effect,) when you attempt to open "My Computer" the 2nd time.

Related issue (another way to reproduce):

1. Install XWD

3. Select Genie Effect.

4. Select: "Either Activate or Run"

5. Add MS Paint Shortcut to dock.

6. Click on MS Paint Shortcut on dock, open MS Paint window.

7. Minimize "MS Paint" window to dock.

8. Click on the MS Paint Dock shortcut again.

9. No Response from Dock.

If anyone else can confirm this behavior, I'd really appreciate it. The first issue I've experienced at home but cannot reproduce here since I have QTTabbar installed, whereas at home I do not.

But the 2nd issue I experience here, but have not had the chance to try it out on a different computer.

EDIT: Both machines are WindowsXP SP2/3

Thanks in advance

Vladimir :D WTF is that? See attachment :)

Yesterday I've made 3 stacks: 1 for Pictures, 2 for Documents, 3 for Downloads. After that I've moved all files from them to one folder due to clean up. The stacks was empty. I turned off the dock, then I ran it again and millions (!) of this dialogs started poppin. Some kind of loop was executed, tho and it will never stop if I wouldn't hit Ctrl+alt+del :)

I fixed it, by moving some files to stacks before running dock, but it HAS to be fixed, when stack is empty dock should load propely.

System error: code 5. What is this? After logging to system from lock mode, everytime I get this.

post-91764-1229594715_thumb.png

System error: code 5. What is this? After logging to system from lock mode, everytime I get this.

Maybe an XMail-Error? I guess when you are logged off, the docklet can't check for mails, but it tries it anyway => you should get an error. Whats the window-title of this error message?

A pretty big problem for me is that certain window types (read as: photoshop toolbars) aren't being minimized into the dock with the main window. I thought you could just minimize all child windows with it, but then again, some child windows do need to stay open in some programs. I'm stumped.

A pretty big problem for me is that certain window types (read as: photoshop toolbars) aren't being minimized into the dock with the main window. I thought you could just minimize all child windows with it, but then again, some child windows do need to stay open in some programs. I'm stumped.

I hated that too... that's why I bought Photoshop CS4, it minimizes everything, even child windows'... It has tabs now, so you can easily switch... and drag them out like google chrome

I hated that too... that's why I bought Photoshop CS4, it minimizes everything, even child windows'... It has tabs now, so you can easily switch... and drag them out like google chrome

I remember having this discussion with you a long time ago :P Nothing's changed; I still can't afford CS4 :P It sounds really nice though. Once it becomes available to me, I'll be sure to switch to it.

Bobah13,

Bug Report:

I'm going to try and keep a running list of bugs I hope merit your attention, and just add to them as I go with NEW badge

2008.12.17 Bug 1

• Severity: Medium
  • type: functional
  • Summary: With Minimize Windows Function Enabled, Windows Get 'Stuck'

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install XWD
  3. Select Genie Effect.
  4. Open "My Computer"
  5. Minimize "My Computer" window.
  6. Open "My Computer" again (Lauch from Start Menu, or other shortcut) while first "My Computer" is still minimized.
  7. "My Computer" Window will appear on the screen, however, the problem is, it will not be able to be minimized until you restore the original minimized "My Computer" window in the dock.

Suggested Behavior: The dock should restore the original "My Computer" window (with Genie Effect,) when you attempt to open "My Computer" the 2nd time from anywhere (ie: start menu, dock icon, desktop shortcut), not only by clicking on the minimized window image in the dock.

Related issue (another way to reproduce):

1. Install XWD
  3. Select Genie Effect.
  4. Select: "Either Activate or Run"
  5. Add MS Paint Shortcut to dock.
  6. Click on MS Paint Shortcut on dock, open MS Paint window.
  7. Minimize "MS Paint" window to dock.
  8. Click on the MS Paint Dock shortcut again.
  9. No Response from Dock.

NEW 2008.12.24 Bug 2

• Severity: Critical.
  • type: Possible Data Loss
  • Summary: With Minimize Windows Function Enabled, Dock 'Disappears' with your minimized windows GONE.

How to reproduce:

Minimize a window (ImportantDoc1.docx) to the dock. While ImportantDoc1.docx is minimizing (with animation,) minimize the same window again.

20081224dock1imagefinalgr7.jpg

The dock, and animation, everything disappears from the screen! (See below)

20081224dockgonereadyiz7.jpg

The dock is still in the Task Manager's Processes List, it's just no longer accessible nor visible, and all the minimized windows are not accessible anymore as well.!

20081224taskmanreadyiq0.jpg

So how do you minimize a window twice?

Answer: among other unintended ways... you can use a mouse gesture app, like strokeit . While minimizing a window (while the genie animation is going, minimize the window again, by mouse gesturing "minimize" again on the animation.)

And the worst part, recovering windows is impossible (at least I do not yet know how.) since the window taskbar buttons are removed from the taskbar.

Also, windows continue to minimize (see screenshot above) as the program is still running. But they disappear into a 'non-existant' dock.

Possible simple solution: Check: Is current minimizing window minimizing? Then don't accept any more minimizing events for that specific window, until that window's minimize animation event is finished.

Another possible solution: have a way for users to recover windows if the dock should ever crash, or become inaccessible. Maybe have the windows remain in the taskbar as well as minimize to the dock, so users could still access the windows via the taskbar.

Bugs Tested and Confirmed on 2 PCs: Both machines are WindowsXP SP2/3

1. Acer Netbook AspireOne 1.6Ghz Atom Processor with 1Gb Ram, 160HD. WinXP Home SP3, YzShadow, Strokeit, UXTheme
  2. PC - Core2Duo 2.66 4Gb Ram, WinXP MCE SP2, WindowBlinds v6.3, Strokeit, NVidia7xxxGT

@AndrewYY, no, ending XWindowsDock only ends the dock. The remaining apps, like Firefox, are not restored. If that were the case, I could live with the infrequency with which the bug occurs.

The remaining apps are still open, right? They have to be somewhere... Where does XWD store apps that allows them to remain hidden after XWD has terminated? It doesn't make a lot of sense...