Bug Report Center

siik

Did you put the shortcut directly from the startmenu to the dock? These seem to be quite different from normal shortcuts when dragged to another location. Try using a shortcut directly to Word's directory.

See thats what I thought, but if I use a shortcut from the start menu, the icon the the dock doesn't even do anything.

If I use the actual .exe from the Office directory like you said, the program works but it reverts to windows basic like the picture showed.

Thanks though :)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No that didn't work ether. Nothings listed in the parameters box.
Warning! I don't have the solution! This is just a comment... (warning needed as it seems that some people don't appreciate when I comment... :P)

Expect this kind of problem when dealing with with Office. It's non-standards suite that doesn't even obey Microsoft User Interface Design Guidelines! It's developed by a separate group inside M$ and has always been a pain in the a** for many things!

I can't remember for sure if it was commented at matonga's Stack Docklet thread or somewhere else inside AS threads, but this has been reported as a problem too... so, good luck! :D

Warning! I don't have the solution! This is just a comment... (warning needed as it seems that some people don't appreciate when I comment... :P)

Expect this kind of problem when dealing with with Office. It's non-standards suite that doesn't even obey Microsoft User Interface Design Guidelines! It's developed by a separate group inside M$ and has always been a pain in the a** for many things!

I can't remember for sure if it was commented at matonga's Stack Docklet thread or somewhere else inside AS threads, but this has been reported as a problem too... so, good luck! :D

Dang that sucks, oh well. :s

Well I've got one more :P . When I open Firefox with the dock I get the Windows XP theme for Firefox. But again if I open it normally I get the regular vista theme. Think this ones fixable?

post-73321-1227296586_thumb.png

bro there's no problem about you here posting here...

you can post comments or w/e

but i'm just worried with the original thread, cause i'm worried about the people who are going to look for updates,

they're going to have to go back 20 pages

but yeah, you can post lots of comments here if you want :D

bro there's no problem about you here posting here...

you can post comments or w/e

but i'm just worried with the original thread, cause i'm worried about the people who are going to look for updates,

they're going to have to go back 20 pages

but yeah, you can post lots of comments here if you want :D

*lol* Thanks for your support! To be honest, this one was not targeted at you (after all things seem to be much nicer between us lately, right ;)).

It's just that I'm sick of people trying to 'educate me' about what I can do and what I can't, how I should do, and so on... pointless! If only their willing to give support to other users were that intense...

Cheers! :D

Panta.

When I open Firefox with the dock I get the Windows XP theme for Firefox. But again if I open it normally I get the regular vista theme. Think this ones fixable?

As links to Word 2007 and to FF work perfectly on my dock (Vista SP1) and now even Firefox shows this strange behaviour on your machine I guess it's not the fault of the dock, rather some system settings on your machine. Did you try to reinstall the dock?

As links to Word 2007 and to FF work perfectly on my dock (Vista SP1) and now even Firefox shows this strange behaviour on your machine I guess it's not the fault of the dock, rather some system settings on your machine. Did you try to reinstall the dock?

I can second that Office 2007 - Shortcut thing! But this isn't the fault of the Dock, because its Office 2007! It does not create standard Shortscuts in the Start-Menu, but some wired commands! There will never be a solution for this, because it would have to come from Microsoft :D

But there is a work-around! Navigate to the C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12 - Folder and add the Office-Programs from there, not from the Start-Menu. This works!

Thanks for try'n guys, I guess I'll just have to live with it for now. :(

I've got another solution:

Create a .txt file, with nothing in it except the path to your start-menus Word 2007 Shortcut, rename it to .bat and put a shortcut to this .bat into your dock.

the .bat should contain something like

"C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStartmenuProgramsWord 2007.lnk" (don't forget the " "!)

Works for sure. If you don't want the cmd-window to flash, come back, there is a solution for this, too.

EDIT: There is an easier/smoother solution for this:

1. Rightclick on the Dock, "Add" -> "File" -> select any file (we will have to overwrite this anyway).

2. Rightclick on the Icon you just have added, "Edit". Now enter the your word 2007 .lnk into the "Path"-Field. DO NOT USE THE OPEN DIALOG! Because then you will have the same Problem again. Instead type in the complete Filename of the .lnk by hand (or copy&paste)! Again, something like:

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStartmenuProgramsWord 2007.lnk (You don't need the " " this time).

Both solutions work for sure, because they don't try to run Word directly, but they just execute the shortcut to word in your startmenu, just like when you click on it.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Bobah, your dock is just perfect. Thank you....

But, the problem isn't the dock....it's Vista...I see that other users have encountered some problems running the dock on this os.

I run Vista Business sp1 32bit, the first thing i noticed is that you can't drag & drop the icons to the dock, only from the dock. So I have to add them manually...

Then, when i restart my pc, comes up an error message saying "Access violation..." etc. So, i tried disabling the UAC only for the dock exe, but nothing appened. It doesn't work on pc startups.

I reinstalled everything, but i didn't run it right after installation. I tried to run it from a desktop shortcut, getting the usual startup error message....moreover running it in compatibility mode with Windows XP sp2 does not solve the problem at all.

The strange thing is that i tried running it on a old Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ with only 512 mb ram, it works a lot better than my dual core cpu....

Animations work perfectly, great work on genie mode, man!

I've got another solution:

Create a .txt file, with nothing in it except the path to your start-menus Word 2007 Shortcut, rename it to .bat and put a shortcut to this .bat into your dock.

the .bat should contain something like

"C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStartmenuProgramsWord 2007.lnk" (don't forget the " "!)

Works for sure. If you don't want the cmd-window to flash, come back, there is a solution for this, too.

EDIT: There is an easier/smoother solution for this:

1. Rightclick on the Dock, "Add" -> "File" -> select any file (we will have to overwrite this anyway).

2. Rightclick on the Icon you just have added, "Edit". Now enter the your word 2007 .lnk into the "Path"-Field. DO NOT USE THE OPEN DIALOG! Because then you will have the same Problem again. Instead type in the complete Filename of the .lnk by hand (or copy&paste)! Again, something like:

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStartmenuProgramsWord 2007.lnk (You don't need the " " this time).

Both solutions work for sure, because they don't try to run Word directly, but they just execute the shortcut to word in your startmenu, just like when you click on it.

Sorry man I couldn't get it to work (maybe I was naming the file wrong) but it made my dock glitch out and I had to reinstall it.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Bobah, your dock is just perfect. Thank you....

But, the problem isn't the dock....it's Vista...I see that other users have encountered some problems running the dock on this os.

I run Vista Business sp1 32bit, the first thing i noticed is that you can't drag & drop the icons to the dock, only from the dock. So I have to add them manually...

Then, when i restart my pc, comes up an error message saying "Access violation..." etc. So, i tried disabling the UAC only for the dock exe, but nothing appened. It doesn't work on pc startups.

I reinstalled everything, but i didn't run it right after installation. I tried to run it from a desktop shortcut, getting the usual startup error message....moreover running it in compatibility mode with Windows XP sp2 does not solve the problem at all.

The strange thing is that i tried running it on a old Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ with only 512 mb ram, it works a lot better than my dual core cpu....

Animations work perfectly, great work on genie mode, man!

Disable UAC for good and it should work...
can anyone help with the Xmail docklet. I jus cant get it to work. It says everything is ok on the test but it never shows up any new mail for me. I even set it at one minute and sent myself 5 emails... nothing?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Can you give me some Details? It would help a lot, if you could show me your XMail - Settings as a screenshot or something!

im having a major problem with the xmail thing, does it have anything to do with the fact that i have 1000 or so e-mails?

but even after deleting many of my mails, my dock still crashes.....

1000 are probably to much, especially if you have an checking interval less than ~5-10min. I tested it with around 200. But the problem could be something else, too.

Can you please try my new update on XMail? I uploaded it right now. (You just have to replace the XMail.dll for update.)

Two important improvements for you:

1.) The whole dock should not crash anymore, if XMail get an error.

2.) Debug-Log.

Especially the second feature is important, if you are willing to help me finding the reason for your problems:

If you are having trouble with XMail, go to the settings and check the "Debug-Log" box. You will now have to do a restart of the Dock, to start logging!

Now, right after you are experiencing a Problem, close the Dock. You will find the file "c:YourPathXWindowsDockXMail-DebugLog.txt" containing the log.

Please upload this log-file with a description what you were doing, at the moment the problem appears, here in the Bug Reports - Thread. Please do this before you restart the dock again, because the logging will be started again, making it harder for me to find the bug.

Before posting, take a look at the .txt yourself and erase data (x it out, pls), if you want to, because the log can contain personal information. (Normally nothing secret, only Win-Version, imap-server-addresses, and IMAP-Foldernames. But as IMAP-Foldernames could contain names or something, i just wanted to let you know.)

Don't forget to switch debug-mode off, when you submitted the log-file, because otherwise the log-file will get very big after some days...

Disable UAC for good and it should work...

Thanks, now it works perfectly.

Just a thing: every time i open two windows from the dock (e.g. My Documents and My Pictures) and i move objects from a window to the other one, after the folder icons on the dock stop jumping, i get a system error:

"List index out of bounds (1)".

But I can live with that.....:D

When XWindows Dock starts the screen flashes a couple of times before it stops loading. I can't explain it very well... but when you open it, the screen flashes like it's getting refreshed about 5 times. Maybe someone with the same problem can explain it better, sorry. But it's kinda annoying ;)

and I've still got the same problem of the stacks where it doesn't show some folders, I posted more about it a page or 2 back.

EDIT: Another thing :P Sorry lol but I really want to make this the best dock.

Anywho, there's something wrong with the font, I don't know if it's just me though. The text appears all "contrasted" when there's a light background behind it, but fine with a dark bg. Here's a screenshot to explain better

post-88816-1227962129_thumb.jpg

When XWindows Dock starts the screen flashes a couple of times before it stops loading. I can't explain it very well... but when you open it, the screen flashes like it's getting refreshed about 5 times. Maybe someone with the same problem can explain it better, sorry. But it's kinda annoying ;)

and I've still got the same problem of the stacks where it doesn't show some folders, I posted more about it a page or 2 back.

EDIT: Another thing :P Sorry lol but I really want to make this the best dock.

Anywho, there's something wrong with the font, I don't know if it's just me though. The text appears all "contrasted" when there's a light background behind it, but fine with a dark bg. Here's a screenshot to explain better

Your second problem is the font-rendering. The problem is, that the font-border itself can't be made semi-transparent, so the borders of the font are just a darker color, so they go better with the dark Stack-Background. But if the Stack-Background gets too light (because something white is behind id), it still doesn't look well. I guess this is very hard to change for bobah. It looks a little bit better, if you set your transparency of the stack-background to less transparent, so the background is darker all the time, even with white things behind it.

I can't copy your first problem, i see no flashing screen on startup. Are you using WindowBlinds? It could have something to do with it.

hi, I wonder whether this is a bug.

I use vista x64 with SP1, all X32 programs appear the proof effect when minimizing, but X64 programs does not.

PS, I also have the problem of the "CreateFileMapping" returned NULL!"

waiting for the new release can fix these problems.

thanks Bobah for this ingenious project

Your second problem is the font-rendering. The problem is, that the font-border itself can't be made semi-transparent, so the borders of the font are just a darker color, so they go better with the dark Stack-Background. But if the Stack-Background gets too light (because something white is behind id), it still doesn't look well. I guess this is very hard to change for bobah. It looks a little bit better, if you set your transparency of the stack-background to less transparent, so the background is darker all the time, even with white things behind it.

I can't copy your first problem, i see no flashing screen on startup. Are you using WindowBlinds? It could have something to do with it.

Bummer... Well it's like the PC's being refreshed, just worse. Avedesk desklets flash for a second as well when I start it up.

Oh well... I'll probably be able to live with it. :D

Well this is wierd... I decided to reinstall XWD. I was going about adding all my app's again, and when I came to two ordinary folders it started flashing again. The only thing the two folders had in common was they had video files in them, and they're about the only ones that do. I'll just skip those two folders then and over the next few days see if I still have the problem on startup.