Bug Report Center

siik

What is "Switcher"?

Is an Exposé emulation program for Windows Vista. It uses Vista's window compositing capabilities to do the emulation, as opposed to WinExposé which uses an alternative method, compatible with XP but incompatible with Java, GTK+ apps such as Pidgin, etc... I often recomend Switcher to Vista users who have Aero enabled.

App's site is http://insentient.net/

Edit:

BTW the app defaults are horrible, but you can change options and make it look like Mac OS X Exposé (remove window numbers, borders, titles, etc...).

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is an Exposé emulation program for Windows Vista. It uses Vista's window compositing capabilities to do the emulation, as opposed to WinExposé which uses an alternative method, compatible with XP but incompatible with Java, GTK+ apps such as Pidgin, etc... I often recomend Switcher to Vista users who have Aero enabled.

App's site is http://insentient.net/

Edit:

BTW the app defaults are horrible, but you can change options and make it look like Mac OS X Exposé (remove window numbers, borders, titles, etc...).

Thanks! Good to now, even if i have XP...

Weather docklet is not updated, it will not work with the current Dock-Versions.

PS: The screenshots are most likely outdated, or it could be another dock, or an old Dock-Version they are still using. But Weather-Docklet is certainly not working with 5.0 and higher. (PM the person who did the screenshot, if you want to know, which explanation is correct)

nope i just took it yesterday i have ver. 5.2

Could you post a screenshot of your first bug? Does it happen with every theme?

Dunno if that happens with every theme...I'll try another one in a second.

There's a screenshot of the overlaying icon attached.

Edit: As it turns out, this happens also on another theme, restarting the dock does not help either.

post-84894-1227191470_thumb.png

Really? Thanks for pointing that! It didn't work for me some days ago, but it worked on 4.8. Did you tried it on v. 5.2.1, too? Does the Clock-Docklet still work, too?
I've tried downloading XWeather 5 times but the RAR file was corrupted at each trial; XClock was not ported yet...
Dunno if that happens with every theme...I'll try another one in a second.

There's a screenshot of the overlaying icon attached.

Edit: As it turns out, this happens also on another theme, restarting the dock does not help either.

StackOff icon will always be overlaid to the generated 3 icons preview icon. This is the stack's expected behavior

StackOff icon will always be overlaid to the generated 3 icons preview icon. This is the stack's expected behavior

What a pitty...looks quite ugly in my case, as you may see.

Bug/Suggestion for Xmail: The badge for unread mails stays at the icon untill the next check is performed. Could you please modify the code so the badge disappears when clicking at the icon to open the mail-application?

What a pitty...looks quite ugly in my case, as you may see.

Bug/Suggestion for Xmail: The badge for unread mails stays at the icon untill the next check is performed. Could you please modify the code so the badge disappears when clicking at the icon to open the mail-application?

It looks nice, if you use a "box" as a stack icon. Look at my dock in the attachment. The Yellow-Box-Icon.

But I would prefer this behaviour to be optional, too! For some Stacks, would love to have not these stacked-Icons in my Dock.

About XMail: I don't know, what's better, to have no badges till next check or to have badges with wrong numbers till the next check. More opinions by other people needed on this, please! Sadly, i can't detect, when you are finished with your email-program :P

As a workaround, that why i implemented "on demand"-update of the badges: when you are finished with checking your Emails in your Program, you can [Ctrl]+[Left Click] the XMail-Icon to update the badges.

post-90085-1227201420_thumb.png

It looks nice, if you use a "box" as a stack icon. Look at my dock in the attachment. The Yellow-Box-Icon.

But I would prefer this behaviour to be optional, too! For some Stacks, would love to have not these stacked-Icons in my Dock.

About XMail: I don't know, what's better, to have no badges till next check or to have badges with wrong numbers till the next check. More opinions by other people needed on this, please! Sadly, i can't detect, when you are finished with your email-program :P

As a workaround, that why i implemented "on demand"-update of the badges: when you are finished with checking your Emails in your Program, you can [Ctrl]+[Left Click] the XMail-Icon to update the badges.

I agree that we should be able to select it too, and the 'Preferences' dialog is already ready for that: if the user chooses another icon, it'd be used, but for both states then...

I think the on demand function covers this need too; so, no changes are needed imho. However, if you're going to change it, then no badge would be better OR you could either change text color or suppress the text alltogether.

About XMail: I don't know, what's better, to have no badges till next check or to have badges with wrong numbers till the next check. More opinions by other people needed on this, please!

i'd personally choose for it to stay there until the docklet checked again, in the final release it'd be reliable enough to use it with 1minute update interval (i hope :D ) and it would be weirder to have it change from 10 to 0 back to 9 again (for example)

or if you feel like it just create another setting :D

Well my suggestion would be just to add another line in your code which rechecks the mail as soon as you click on the icon to open the mail application.

@geepee: That may be a possibility, but personally I wouldn't want my mail application to produce a lag in my internet connection every minute.

I discovered a new(?) bug: If windows are maximized and in front of the dock, moving the cursor to the bottom edge of the screen does not show the dock as it is supposed to do. Happens just in Office 2007 so far. Folders and Firefox are fine.

Ah, and the Win+M-bug. It would be a salvation to have this fixed. Please bobah take a look at that :)

Hey, I love the dock and I find it much better then the rocketdock I was using.

One problem is this: When I try to click on the "start at windows startup option" I get "failed to set data for xWindowsdock".

I run 32bit Vista.

Try disabling UAC (and let it disabled - for good!)

I had an error while opening a stack folder that's viewed as Menu. When I click on the icon then on Open, there's an error that says List index out of bounds (12). The folder still opens and I can continue on like normal, but it's a bit irritating if the error first pops up.

EDIT: Another problem, also with Stacks. In the folder I made a stack thingy, only one file gets shown when I click on it but there are other subfolders that don't get shown.

I can't explain it well so I added a screenshot ;)

post-88816-1227254975_thumb.jpg

I had an error while opening a stack folder that's viewed as Menu. When I click on the icon then on Open, there's an error that says List index out of bounds (12). The folder still opens and I can continue on like normal, but it's a bit irritating if the error first pops up.

EDIT: Another problem, also with Stacks. In the folder I made a stack thingy, only one file gets shown when I click on it but there are other subfolders that don't get shown.

I can't explain it well so I added a screenshot ;)

I second your second bug! The Stacks do not show all subfolders. In my case, the "My Documents" is my Stackfolder, and it does not show my special subfolders (My Pictures, My Videos, My Music) in it.

I discovered a new(?) bug: If windows are maximized and in front of the dock, moving the cursor to the bottom edge of the screen does not show the dock as it is supposed to do. Happens just in Office 2007 so far. Folders and Firefox are fine.

Ah, and the Win+M-bug. It would be a salvation to have this fixed. Please bobah take a look at that :)

Did anybody notice that?

Anyway, there's a new behaviour with Win+M after restarting the whole machine without having RocketDock starting. If you press Win+M then all windows will be hidden. Unfortunately not to the dock but to the taskbar. In my case thats pretty bad because I use ObjectBar to emulate the finder bar and for this reason there is no taskbar any longer :P So after a few minutes I will lose overview which windows are open.

Perhaps including minimizing to dock when pressing Win+M without using the genie effect would be a good solution.

Edit: I almost believed that everything would be fine now, but actually now no window will be minimized to the dock. They all are minimized to my hidden taskbar. If you restart the dock to regain the minimizing function, pressing Win+M will create the access violation again.

I have another problem:

When I open a Microsoft Office program from the dock it takes away the vista areo and replaces it with basic.

If I open it regularly with the start menu or a shortcut its fine.

I don't know if this is fixable since it seems like an OS problem, but I though I'd bring attention to it. Its nothing really bad, but its just kinda annoying.

post-73321-1227285544_thumb.png