Bug Report Center

siik

Hi everyone,

found out that some applications are not started in the corect working directory when launched from a stack. noticed this behavior with PortableIron a portable variant of Google Chrome. instead of loading the profile in the program folder, as a result a new profile is created in the xwindowdock directory. at first i was not shure if it was a xwindow bug, but then the same problem happens with xampp a portable all in one webserver.

as a temporary solution i created a bat file to set the working directory like this:

cd X:Tools_Netxampp

xampp-control.exe

the other dock i was using showed none of this problems.

sorry, if my first post in english is not well explained or if this is an allready known bug.

keep the good work going ;) ...

ciao

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

found out that some applications are not started in the corect working directory when launched from a stack. noticed this behavior with PortableIron a portable variant of Google Chrome. instead of loading the profile in the program folder, as a result a new profile is created in the xwindowdock directory. at first i was not shure if it was a xwindow bug, but then the same problem happens with xampp a portable all in one webserver.

as a temporary solution i created a bat file to set the working directory like this:

cd X:Tools_Netxampp

xampp-control.exe

the other dock i was using showed none of this problems.

sorry, if my first post in english is not well explained or if this is an allready known bug.

keep the good work going ;) ...

ciao

Why don't you use the "Working Directory" - Field in the settings of your dock-icon?

@atreiu

thats the first thing i looked for. i left click the icon inside the stack grid menu and choose edit. in the window that appears i can only click on change and clear, the other four options are greyed out and not editable.

am i doing somethin wrong?

thanks for the quick answer...

@atreiu

thats the first thing i looked for. i left click the icon inside the stack grid menu and choose edit. in the window that appears i can only click on change and clear, the other four options are greyed out and not editable.

am i doing somethin wrong?

thanks for the quick answer...

Ah! "Stack from Explorer"! You can't edit properties there. Use a "normal" Stack instead, then you can set Working Dir, Caption etc... Read this post with a similar problem, too: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....orer#post521197

Yeah, that's exactly what I need. Now lets hope, that other people report similar issues, if they have them.

But please answer my two other questions, too. They might be helpful for me:

Yeh, volum control is working perfect and

Mute from mini-control doesnt work either (same behaviour as hotspot).

thanks,

This is for the new xLauncher docklet. I can't get it to launch images into Photoshop. Photoshop opens but no image inside. Also, it seems to have an effect on the dock. Sometimes the labels disappear, the icons won't move around and some icons will darken if I edit them. It's only sometimes though, not all the time. Overall, it's a great start.

Don’t know if this little issue had been mentioned before (it appears to me that it had not been). It is purely aesthetic bug I noticed in previous versions and it still exists in 5.4. The problem is with icons’ proportions. When an icon is idle in the dock (it doesn’t matter whether it is magnified or not) it loses its proportions and becomes a little bit wider than the original (I use PNG icons but don’t think this is the problem). You may never notice this change until you click on a shortcut and its icon jumps. Jumping icon regains its normal proportion from the moment it starts going up from the dock and loses it again when returns down. As the result the whole thing looks like you have a jelly ball jumping up and down, constantly changing its shape. I presume it was not meant to be like this or am I wrong?

Another thing that I’d like to mention is resizing. Icons’ size can be changed, that’s OK, but with 3D themes the dock’s background (let’s say it is some Leopard theme and the background is this glossy plank all icons rest upon) does not change its height. By making icons small (like 32 px – if you have A LOT of apps installed and needed at your fingertips you’ll get the point) you get a picture when all these tiny icons sit on this immense plank. To me it would be better if the height of the background changed proportionally to the size of icons.

I still think that this dock is THE BEST out there and that is why I’d like to contribute to making it even better! Cheers and привет гениальному земляку!!! :)

This is for the new xLauncher docklet. I can't get it to launch images into Photoshop. Photoshop opens but no image inside. Also, it seems to have an effect on the dock. Sometimes the labels disappear, the icons won't move around and some icons will darken if I edit them. It's only sometimes though, not all the time. Overall, it's a great start.

Please try the version 1.2 i just released yesterday.

Don’t know if this little issue had been mentioned before (it appears to me that it had not been). It is purely aesthetic bug I noticed in previous versions and it still exists in 5.4. The problem is with icons’ proportions. When an icon is idle in the dock (it doesn’t matter whether it is magnified or not) it loses its proportions and becomes a little bit wider than the original (I use PNG icons but don’t think this is the problem). You may never notice this change until you click on a shortcut and its icon jumps. Jumping icon regains its normal proportion from the moment it starts going up from the dock and loses it again when returns down. As the result the whole thing looks like you have a jelly ball jumping up and down, constantly changing its shape. I presume it was not meant to be like this or am I wrong?

I still think that this dock is THE BEST out there and that is why I’d like to contribute to making it even better! Cheers and привет гениальному земляку!!! :)

You should use icons like 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 and etc. but don't use 128x100 or 512x450 :) I think you understand me...

You should use icons like 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 and etc. but don't use 128x100 or 512x450 :) I think you understand me...

That's the point. I do use 128x128 PNG icons. (Чтобы не выглядело глупо и было более понятно что имею ввиду - напишу лучше по русски ;) иконки чуть-чуть тянет по ширине даже если они в оригинале квадратные, а в прыжке форма возвращается. З.Ы. Ну и работу ж ты проделал - риспект всяческий - слов нет! :) )

No... I think it's your icon, because I haven't any problem like yours.... for example I use firefox icon and it's okay :) and nobody told me about this problem, so can you send or show me this icon ?

Да вот уже с конца августа 2008 года пишу этот док. Вроде уже к концу двигаюсь.

Gladly! Here is the PNG i use for Firefox http: // jyrik.deviantart. com/art/Firefox-dock-icon-v3-5474561 Same thing with other icons and dimensions (I think I have a few 256x256px).

Oh, a screenshot of this icon in use (with the wrong proportion and the right proportion) would be very helpful, too!

@Atreiu, thanks. I think my problem was that I was trying to drag images from online without saving them first. Is it possible to do that? I like to edit icons I find online first and then save them.

But it does work when I try to open files within my own computer.

Oh, a screenshot of this icon in use (with the wrong proportion and the right proportion) would be very helpful, too!

Here they are. Although I think a video would be of greater help here, you can see the difference (on the third image i just overlapped the two pictures and enlarged them for you to see the difference ) Upper Firefox icon (it is jumping) is clearly smaller/or maybe just narrower than the idle one. Same thing happens with other icons not only with this particular one. Even if I use default .ico of Firefox.exe itself.

Edit: maybe it has to do with strange gdi library behavior on my PC. On the other hand I had this thing on 3 different nVidia cards with different Windows versions and builds...

post-39479-1233165841_thumb.jpg

post-89-1233165841_thumb.jpg

post-89-1233165842_thumb.jpg

Because when icon is jumping it must be looked like a ball.

OK, now I see the point! :) Then I was wrong, as I presumed in the original post and it was meant to be this way. Just got used to RKLauncher and original Mac OS X dock where there was no such effect. Still, your dock is the best!

There seem to be a problem with the language file implementation. I noticed that if I add a 3rd xml file in the Languages dir of XWD, it makes the app crash at startup with many error messages I won't recopy here in detail (I had a previous more detail post about this deleted). I first thought it came from the language file xml but it seem to come from something else as if I remove the Russian language file and add my file, XWD works.

There seem to be a problem with the language file implementation. I noticed that if I add a 3rd xml file in the Languages dir of XWD, it makes the app crash at startup with many error messages I won't recopy here in detail (I had a previous more detail post about this deleted). I first thought it came from the language file xml but it seem to come from something else as if I remove the Russian language file and add my file, XWD works.

can you send me your xml file ? Ithink it has already been fixed, but I want to test it :)

The language xml file lacks several elements :

- Title of the "Parameters" window

- Capture windows section : it lacks an "Effect" label tittle to explain what Default and Genie are :

Default and Genie are not in the XMl file

Stack section : "x" stack effects for XWindows Dock not in xml

- Help label button is missing

File types section : Video, Audio, picture, Texte missing

- Empty Trash confirmation window : Title window "Question" missing in xml

About Section : not implemented either

can you send me your xml file ? I think it has already been fixed, but I want to test it :)

I can't reproduce the bug anymore. I think it came from the Russian xml. I saw it was displayed in XWD as ??????. As I'm French and I don't have the Russian alphabet system font or something. Is in in the utf-8 format ? Now the English and my custom French files work and I don't have any error at XWD start. Do you want me to try to reproduce the bug adding the Russian xml and telling you the error messages ?

There still seems to be a prob with languages files. if I have 3 languages files: the 3rd one is not taken into account and applied even though I see , select it in XWD and restart it. With 2 files everything is fine.

Do not double post - use the edit function - Thanks - mps69

Yep... I have already tried it with new version and I hadn't any problems now... I think 5.6 will be much more stable than before.

@danhoven and others....

I'm tired answer messages like this

after logon(v5.4).

"""acces violation at adress 00406446 in module xwindowsdock.exe. read of adress FFFFFFF."""

and

"""list index out of bounds (4)."""

read before, I wrote many times about it

Ohh... it's not bug, it muse be :) Because when icon is jumping it must be looked like a ball :) so your icons looks normal.

1. In Mac OS X the icon doesn't deform while jumping.

2. Even though, I like it more like the ball one. It looks more "physically correct" :D