Bug Report Center

siik

links inside stacks beginning with "::{" are recognized by xwd, but not retained in the xml files... haven't tried with plain old dock. Does anybody have a workaround?

Edit: in fact, I can't even link to the c drive.

For the ::{ you can try to add a explorer.exe::{ in front of it. But I'm not sure, if this helps. What do you mean by "link to c drive"? What did you enter, what do you expect a "link to c drive" do?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the ::{ you can try to add a explorer.exe::{ in front of it. But I'm not sure, if this helps. What do you mean by "link to c drive"? What did you enter, what do you expect a "link to c drive" do?

link to c: in a stack shows up, but deletes itself after dock restart (doesn't get stored in the dockitems.xml)

but then it'll open in "explore" view (in the sidebar)

either way, it's a bug.

I think the problem is here, that Windows just knows how to open such shortcuts (C: or ::{ ) by launching this commands as parameters to the explorer.exe. XWD doesn't know this, that's why you have to add the explorer.exe, it think. Would be cool, if Bobah find a solution about this.

PS: which "view" do you want? With directories at the left? then try "explorer.exe /e, C:"

I have this happen to me very randomly.....it doesn't zoom or show the labels.

It doesn't matter what I do or what setting I have the dock on it still does it, just randomly. (Vista 32-bit)

Found what I think is the problem, when I right click on the desktop and then want to go back on my dock I have to click on the dock for it to do the effects....It is like the dock isn't active when I go to the desktop?

post-79284-1232819483_thumb.jpg

Found what I think is the problem, when I right click on the desktop and then want to go back on my dock I have to click on the dock for it to do the effects....It is like the dock isn't active when I go to the desktop?
Please describe step by step what's needed for reproducing it as I'm running Vista 32-bit too and could not reproduce it (mine is working as usual).

i'm not sure how this happens, but whenever the dock quits then restarts again (mostly by logging on and off, it's set to run at startup) the icon shadow thickness increases on it's own. i have it disabled but when i go into the settings i notice it's increased more than before

I don't know if what I'm going to say is exactly a bug, but please read it:

When magnification activates for the first time, the animation is slow, and NOT smooth.

When you slide the pointer around the dock, magnification moves every 4 pixels...

I think it should move every 1 pixel to make it smoother.

AndrewYY explained me something about "2 steps", and I think he is very right.

To know what I'm saying try this:

Put the pointer at the left-bottom side of the screen.

Slide the pointer at the very bottom under the icons reflection.

Then slide the pointer up...

As you'll see, magnification activates without animation!!!frown.gif

It's similar when magnification amount is set to 1.mad.gif

I HOPE BOBAH13 DECIDES TO FIX THIS!!!

It was done, because if I use every 1 one pixels, it takes much more CPU time ;) so of course I'll do it, but then not to say me, that it takes a lot of cpu....

How about instead of doing it every 4 pixels of mouse motion, do it every 4 frames of blitting (or whatever you call it) That way, if the mouse is moving slowly, the dock still updates, but if the mouse is moving fast, it does the same as before :) win-win

This question is directed to doclet developer Atreiu, the great man.

I dont know if this is right thread to ask? this sub-forum got so confusing?

I have question regarding Xvolume docklet. Hopspot for 0n/off does not work. Otherwise its amzing, great work.

I am using xp-pro sp3 on toshiba TecraM5.

This question is directed to doclet developer Atreiu, the great man.

I dont know if this is right thread to ask? this sub-forum got so confusing?

I have question regarding Xvolume docklet. Hopspot for 0n/off does not work. Otherwise its amzing, great work.

I am using xp-pro sp3 on toshiba TecraM5.

You are right, there is not really a place for asking Docklet-Specific things :D So it's okay to ask here, i think ;)

The hotspot is working for me, but it's a little bit out of place :P To switch mute on/off, I currently have to click a little bit below the icon. (see the screenshot)

Does this work for you? Or can you try to find the Hotspot elsewhere :D? Please tell me, if it does not work for you at all.

The Hotspot - technique is new to me, and it's kind of hard to position it correctly, so be patient until I get it to work correctly.

post-90085-1232897230_thumb.png

You are right, there is not really a place for asking Docklet-Specific things :D So it's okay to ask here, i think ;)

The hotspot is working for me, but it's a little bit out of place :P To switch mute on/off, I currently have to click a little bit below the icon. (see the screenshot)

Does this work for you? Or can you try to find the Hotspot elsewhere :D? Please tell me, if it does not work for you at all.

The Hotspot - technique is new to me, and it's kind of hard to position it correctly, so be patient until I get it to work correctly.

Thanks for you quick response but sorry I forgot to mention that I can actually find the hot spot (I can click and spot gets highlighted) but sound doesnt get muted(non-functional). When I open sound control(system) side by side, I can see the checkmark comes in but it doesnt mute the volume, however, the other way round it works correct. By this I mean, that if I mute sound form sound control panel(system) then I can un-mute from the docklet. I guess is some bug/or system specific problme.

In conclusion, only un-muting works.

Thanks for you quick response but sorry I forgot to mention that I can actually find the hot spot (I can click and spot gets highlighted) but sound doesnt get muted(non-functional). When I open sound control(system) side by side, I can see the checkmark comes in but it doesnt mute the volume, however, the other way round it works correct. By this I mean, that if I mute sound form sound control panel(system) then I can un-mute from the docklet. I guess is some bug/or system specific problme.

In conclusion, only un-muting works.

Oh okay, then not my hotspot-function, but my mute-function is the problem. Strange, that the system think it's muted (checkmark in the system-controls), even if it's not. Ok, I don't think I can do much about it, until some more people report this and tell me their specs, so i can find a pattern.

Would you mind starting? I could need:

1.) Operating System (with ServicePack).

2.) Sound-Card(s!).

3.) Additional running Mixer-Software (for example from your sound-card).

Volume control is working for you? And is the mute-checkbox in the mini-control (single click) working?

It was done, because if I use every 1 one pixels, it takes much more CPU time ;) so of course I'll do it, but then not to say me, that it takes a lot of cpu....

Then, if it's possible, it would be great to set it on every 1 pixel JUST when "Use higher quality" is ON.

I mean if "Use higher quality" option is off, icons should magnify as it does in XWD 5.4.

This way all users would have the choice to get the SMOOTHEST magnification, or not (for those users who doesn't support it.)

All those users (like me ) who have powerful computers, would like the smoothest dock. But I still think about those who have less performance.

THAT'S WHY I REQUEST TO ACTIVATE SMOOTHEST MAGNIFICATION AS AN OPTION. NOT to set it as default.

Like I suggested (when "Use higher quality is on"), or as an independent option (like "Use smoother magnification").

@ AndrewYY & Matty

Your causing confusion within this thread. What your posting isn't all about bugs that should be fix to improve this application.

You both have strong opinions here, but this forum isn't the place. Either take it to the PM system or the feature request thread.

@ AndrewYY & Mattey

Your causing confusion within this thread. What your posting isn't all about bugs that should be fix to improve this application.

You both have strong opinions here, but this forum isn't the place. Either take it to the PM system or the feature request thread.

I'M SORRY...

That's why I said I didn't know if it was exactly a bug.confused.gif

ANYWAY, I already posted this at the Feature Requests thread.

AndrewYY & me where just discussing.

I'M SORRY...

...AndrewYY & me where just discussing.

Yep, another discussion at the wrong thread... :slant:

That's why this time I'll move all its contents to the off-topic thread... next time: deleted!

To be clear: bugs, here; anything else: at the thread it belongs; no specific thread? -> off-topic thread.

Oh okay, then not my hotspot-function, but my mute-function is the problem. Strange, that the system think it's muted (checkmark in the system-controls), even if it's not. Ok, I don't think I can do much about it, until some more people report this and tell me their specs, so i can find a pattern.

Would you mind starting? I could need:

1.) Operating System (with ServicePack).

2.) Sound-Card(s!).

3.) Additional running Mixer-Software (for example from your sound-card).

Volume control is working for you? And is the mute-checkbox in the mini-control (single click) working?

Ok here it goes.

1) Windows XP Pro-SP3 (Toshiba Tecra M5)

2)SigmaTel HD Audio Driver for Windows XP (thats what u mean?otherwise tell me how to find)

3)No additional running/mixer.

thanks.

xwd minimized application windows into dock. This is actually quite a severe issue. to clarify the issue, xwd seems to capture minimize clicks to minimize onto the dock. this part is as designed. however, if i have apps that open windows and i minimize those, xwd seems to capture those as well and minimize onto the dock. For example, in paint shop pro, i can open several images. when i minimize an image in psp, it typically resides within the app itself and not on the windows taskbar. however with xwd, it captures that and minimizes it onto the dock. this causes psp to crash. it also then causes xwd to throw an exception because the parent window for the minimized window is no gone (crashed) leaving behind an orphan window in xwd.

Ok here it goes.

1) Windows XP Pro-SP3 (Toshiba Tecra M5)

2)SigmaTel HD Audio Driver for Windows XP (thats what u mean?otherwise tell me how to find)

3)No additional running/mixer.

thanks.

Yeah, that's exactly what I need. Now lets hope, that other people report similar issues, if they have them.

But please answer my two other questions, too. They might be helpful for me:

-----------

xwd minimized application windows into dock. This is actually quite a severe issue. to clarify the issue, xwd seems to capture minimize clicks to minimize onto the dock. this part is as designed. however, if i have apps that open windows and i minimize those, xwd seems to capture those as well and minimize onto the dock. For example, in paint shop pro, i can open several images. when i minimize an image in psp, it typically resides within the app itself and not on the windows taskbar. however with xwd, it captures that and minimizes it onto the dock. this causes psp to crash. it also then causes xwd to throw an exception because the parent window for the minimized window is no gone (crashed) leaving behind an orphan window in xwd.

Yeah, similar problems have been reported for other applications, too. Currently the only way to get around it is, to add Photoshop to the "exclusion list" in the XWD-Settings , so it doesn't minimize it to the dock. Maybe Bobah will find a solution in the future.