siik

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small update? Which small update?? :confused:

Well, didn't you read Bobahs post i quoted? I have no idea, what he did, but i downloaded and installed the XWindowsDock again. So far, i notice no differences.

(Welcome back to Bobahs good(?) old Updates-Between-The-Lines-Policy ;))

Well, didn't you read Bobahs post i quoted? I have no idea, what he did, but i downloaded and installed the XWindowsDock again. So far, i notice no differences.

(Welcome back to Bobahs good(?) old Updates-Between-The-Lines-Policy ;))

What he's saying is that at the main thread he warned about the need to do a clean install and, to be frank, I think it was not directed to you but to others reporting problems that somehow lead to suspect that the installation was not done as directed (i.e. people don't read and then cry for help...) :slant:
What he's saying is that at the main thread he warned about the need to do a clean install and, to be frank, I think it was not directed to you but to others reporting problems that somehow lead to suspect that the installation was not done as directed (i.e. people don't read and then cry for help...) :slant:

I forgot, I didn't quote his whole answer:

[...]

p.s. I made a small update, if you want you can download it now.

I think this can't be misunderstood.

Bug Report for v5.4

XWD will Freeze and hang the system when you are using a Gallery view, IF you have Explorer set to:

1. Show Hidden Files and Folders
  2. Hide Protected Operating System Files (UNCHECKED)

This is on a Windows XP SP3 machine. 1Gb Ram.

To reproduce:

1. Open Explorer (My Computer)
  2. Go to "Folder Options" (Tools -> Folder Options...)
  3. Go to the "View" Tab
  4. Change settings to: Show Hidden Files & Folders, and, Show Protected OS Files
  5. Create a Gallery Stack in XWD and set it to your My Pictures Folder
  6. Launch the Gallery and scroll to the right, towards the end, it will (might) freeze the dock

Xmail bug:

(check attachment)

the menu display is broken

and I cna't reah the "Use SSL" option

or "include nested folders"

which makes it totally useless for me..

any idea?

Thanks in advance.!

Thanks for the Screenshot.

That's why I hate Windows Blinds (which is suspect to be the bad guy, here).

Can you please try the .dll i attached here, and post a screenshot again? I added some extra space to the right...

PS: Glad to hear, that you got it to work anyway...

XMail.zip

Can you please try the .dll i attached here, and post a screenshot again? I added some extra space to the right...

Thanks! I don't hate windowsblinds but I knew it was the problem. Genius and fast solution on your side, much respect.

Now: I can't make it work properly...

I get a : "could not load ssl library"

I think I'm getting everything right, but still---

Thanks! I don't hate windowsblinds but I knew it was the problem. Genius and fast solution on your side, much respect.

Now: I can't make it work properly...

I get a : "could not load ssl library"

I think I'm getting everything right, but still---

Where did you place ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll? The error message says, that these files are not in the place, where i described it in the install-instructions.

PS: If you have an idea, how to make my install-instructions more clear, please tell me.

I have to report a small Bug on the Docklets-API, Bobah.

XDocklet.GetYOffset does not calculate the correct value. It always shows me the Screen-height, (in my case 800px), even if i have set the "Space between Dock and Screen" to 28px. (I should get 772px, then).

It's not a very big issues, because I guess most of the people will have there Dock at the very bottom, anyway. But it would help me to position my Docklets-Forms more precisely over the Icon.

Cheers, Atreiu.

Hi, I have a problem, Im using Windows Vista Home Premium, and it seems that I just can run the dock just once, when I quit the dock, and try to run it again, Windows tell me that the dock has stop responding :S I tried to reinstall it, but I have the same problem, just can load the dock once. Help please :( (Im using the latest version of XWD ) 5.4

icon dragged out of a dock still freezes following the pointer while dock size is reducing and can't be leaved in dock... Windows reflection still reflect icons for second time and dont reflect settings window :-D

One more:if dragged icon is dropped on dock, while it is coming to it's place dock isn't mouse sensitive, rather ugly

the dock always died when I use gallery.

after I clicked to show desktop, the dock stop magnifing.

I can't open IE browser, though I seldom use it.

and the windows main process rundll32 often stopped working when I open Storm player.

my system is vista 32-bit home.

By Panta: merged. No need for double-posting; use 'Edit' instead! :slant:

Where did you place ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll? The error message says, that these files are not in the place, where i described it in the install-instructions.

PS: If you have an idea, how to make my install-instructions more clear, please tell me.

Atreiu: your instructions are perfect! It was my problem: I didn't read them carefully , in consequence I didn't install ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll. My bad.

Now everything is working perfectly (much better and stable than before). Congrats and Thanks!

the dock always died when I use gallery.

after I clicked to show desktop, the dock stop magnifing.

I can't open IE browser, though I seldom use it.

and the windows main process rundll32 often stopped working when I open Storm player.

my system is vista 32-bit home.

By Panta: merged. No need for double-posting; use 'Edit' instead! :slant:

Hey. Pleasse, can you show me screen of preferences (Gallery) your values... thanks.