Is Aqua dead?

Ddock

Well I'm still on aqua and loving (eh?) it. When I was on win I aquafied the gui (the Iceman's was one of the best IMO) and now I'm on mac I'm still aqua. Okay I've tried other themes when I used to use shapeshifter but always came back to aqua.

It's one of the reasons I switched.

Call me old fashioned. ;)

Snow leopard will have "frosted metal"....

ie- not brushed, think the side of a Mac Pro, or the aluminium of the new imacs and Macbooks... it'll look sweet.

It'll be more conservative than brushed, yet less revolting and more textured than unified.... it'll take the best from both worlds.

Furthermore, snow leopard will use more piano blacks and glossy whites... the menubar will be a glossy white with a black apple logo (in the same style as tiger's)... transparent huds will be more extensive, and the use of transparency will be kept only where practical.

Aqua colour elements will feature but it will be more 'flat'... it wont have gloss and there will be less of it... but still enough to refresh (it wont all be a bland grayscale OS)... It'll be slick and stylish-

As a themer, I'll make sure of it :P

• 1 month later...
Snow leopard will have "frosted metal"....

ie- not brushed, think the side of a Mac Pro, or the aluminium of the new imacs and Macbooks... it'll look sweet.

It'll be more conservative than brushed, yet less revolting and more textured than unified.... it'll take the best from both worlds.

Furthermore, snow leopard will use more piano blacks and glossy whites... the menubar will be a glossy white with a black apple logo (in the same style as tiger's)... transparent huds will be more extensive, and the use of transparency will be kept only where practical.

Aqua colour elements will feature but it will be more 'flat'... it wont have gloss and there will be less of it... but still enough to refresh (it wont all be a bland grayscale OS)... It'll be slick and stylish-

As a themer, I'll make sure of it :P

for dualboot mac users, using in their windows partition windows vista , they could use if they like(as all vista users) my mac osx brushed visual style versions i made, download of my ZEUS os X F OS for vista from http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/ZEUS-os-...vista-107157411

see one of the brushed aero and aero basic versions[there are several with different titlebar height, those on screenshots are S VERSIONS = small height titlebar versions (as also included L = LONG height titlebar versions ), and also have on their uppe surface on left of addressbar designed buttons which i made on purpose if any expert could made a small application which i call styler button toolbar and explain what must have see http://windowsedge.com/imageuploads/pics/9...58c96ede06b.jpg , they will be after fuctionable. there are also versions with not designed those buttons.

-------------

post-67493-1230407997_thumb.jpg

post-32-1230407997_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

go with the masses? no thanks... Besides, aqua WAS a great hit for apple back in the days, specially with the brushed style. I think it is the question whether you like it or not, no matter what the current fashion dictates... So is it dead? you make it live or die. YOU decide...

and btw, that guy who bumped the thread, are those advertising links? I didnt even clicked on them :D

and btw, that guy who bumped the thread, are those advertising links? I didnt even clicked on them :D

Yeah, no one cares.

Anyways, Aqua is not dead. Until they replace the glyphs, scrollbars, buttons, and anything else filled with fluid, it will not die. It has simply transformed. Things need to evolve over time to keep up with the rest of the world, so stop living in the past :slant:.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...