RIP Mac Mini ('05-'08)

Finally, things were stupid anyways.

I heard today that with the epic fail of the stock market, Apple was hit very hard. Apparently, the reason why they have their prices so high is because they say they're "satisfied" with the amount of customers they have now. Traders don't seem to like this.

/ThreadHijack

just last week i replaced my mini at work with a new imac. kaw is wrong though, as usual. the mini's are/were totally cool, packing loads into that small footprint.

Aren't you a little old to be on this forum?

As usual, Apple charged way too much for next to nothing. No Keyboard, no monitor, no mouse, barely any good specs, seriously. Sure it was compact, but with Apple's abilities to skim things down, they could've easily stuffed a lot more in there.

Aren't you a little old to be on this forum?

I don't see what that has to do with anything? This site probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for an old bastard like Jobs. :P

As usual, Apple charged way too much for next to nothing. No Keyboard, no monitor, no mouse, barely any good specs, seriously. Sure it was compact, but with Apple's abilities to skim things down, they could've easily stuffed a lot more in there.
Check out alternatives from ASUS, Dell, and the likes. Apple is the cheapest.
Ya we would be mega ****ed if they were the cheapest

I never said Apple in general was the cheapest. It's idiotic to compare a Mac Mini to a generic desktop computer with the same specs and go "ROFLMAO WHYS IT OVERPR1CED!?!?" because they're not in the same market. When it comes to computers, small is always more expensive and less powerful.

I never said Apple in general was the cheapest. It's idiotic to compare a Mac Mini to a generic desktop computer with the same specs and go "ROFLMAO WHYS IT OVERPR1CED!?!?" because they're not in the same market. When it comes to computers, small is always more expensive and less powerful.

Oh ok and very good point you are going to pay more for smaller in some occasions, I feel that the stopping of this production will allow apple to move on to even bigger things

KAW, please stop acting like a naive, belligerent punk. I'm sure you would agree that it would be ignorant to compare a typical desktop to a laptop and expect the price and specs to be equal, this is no different.

All that really needs to be said.

Though, it kinda sucks that these are going to be discontinued, an update would've made them more popular as an entry-level mac for relatively cheaper than their other machines.