Is having the Apple logo worth it?

It says that Mac OS X must be installed on an apple labeled computer. Okay no problem. I'll just buy apple stickers and put it on the side of the tower and on the monitor. There its "apple labeled".

If they try to sue me, take out everything from the tower. Each piece of hardware will have an apple sticker which means apple hardware.

Who the hell would pay more than $800 for a computer? My god apple thinks we're rich. I rather go with PC all the way. If my graphics card gets toasted, i'll just replace it. If my DVD drive fails, i'll just replace it. If my monitor fails, i'll just replace it. You can't do that on a Mac.

Yes I would pay for a Macintosh, though at the current moment I can't afford it, considering I'm just a minor. However a have a Hackintosh, so in the mean time I will feel half the pride that Mac users have whit this Hakintosh

Edited by mvosx1094

Yea seriously.

Mac Software > Winders Software

Mac Hardware <<<<<<< Every other modern computer.

Then again it all depends what you need. What exactly is the average/necessary specs?

I would say at least 2GB of ramz, a 100GB HD and a minimum resolution of 1440 x 900 for a desktop computer. Some other people might feel differently though when it comes to everyday use.

Minimum Requirements for someone like us?

at *least* 2GB, even I want/need 3GB to have the least bit sanity these days.

The computer itself -- give it a 120 or 160GB for the least minimum. It doesn't matter/apply here because I use network storage on a server (~1.5TB for comfort).

At least a 2GHz Processor. A slow processor can give you big headaches, no one likes to wait anymore :P.

1440x900 is pretty average, good estimate there...

If one day I do require a new Mac, I would get a sexy-as-hell case and fill it with my own perfect Mac clone hardware, and just run OS X. Because the only reason I love my Macintosh is for the Operating System and the sexy case, not for the logo.

Well, with that thinking, why not just go for a 24" monitor with 1920x1200? It's just that 19" widescreen monitors are really cheap nowadays. 20 and 22" widescreen monitors are getting cheaper and cheaper lately though. I'm personally waiting for a good 24" to get in my price range :P

It's not really a fair comparison, as the iMac isn't the same type of PC as the one they built. It's actually much cheaper than most alternatives, same goes for the MacBook Air and Mac Mini.

I personally see no point in Apple hardware, with the exception of the Air. I'd much rather get a custom-built OSx86 compatible PC that would blow a Mac Pro out of the water for a fraction of the price.

It says that Mac OS X must be installed on an apple labeled computer. Okay no problem. I'll just buy apple stickers and put it on the side of the tower and on the monitor. There its "apple labeled".

If they try to sue me, take out everything from the tower. Each piece of hardware will have an apple sticker which means apple hardware.

Who the hell would pay more than $800 for a computer? My god apple thinks we're rich. I rather go with PC all the way. If my graphics card gets toasted, i'll just replace it. If my DVD drive fails, i'll just replace it. If my monitor fails, i'll just replace it. You can't do that on a Mac.

No, it wouldn't be Apple-labeled. Anybody with a brain knows that's not what they mean, you're just making up excuses. The EULA is not a legal document anyways, it is an agreement. They cannot and will not sue you for breaking it, but they can terminate your license to use it and not offer you support and whatnot.

You're comparing apples to oranges (pun not intended). An iMac is not comparable to a generic desktop PC as it is not the same kind of PC. It would be more comparable to a Sony VAIO or a Gateway One, of which you would not be able to easily replace any of the things you mentioned either. The Mac Mini is also a non-generic type of desktop PC and can't be compared to such. You can replace the parts just as easily in a Mac Pro as you can any generic desktop PC, however.