XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's on the first page, Bobah just didn't edit the current version number. :)

Btw, there's just one problem I can spot with the update, perhaps its too early to say but when I click on a folder in the dock, the stack opens up and the icon bounces. When a stack opens I don't think the icon should bounce.

Thanks again bobah :)

This dock is so amazing, it makes me think twice about RocketDock. But I can't make the jump to XWindowsDock because of some lacking essential features:

1. The ability to position the dock, whether at the top, bottom, left, or right of the monitor. Also, the ability to position it to the left, right, top, or bottom of the chosen side.

2. It hides itself too slow and the zooming smoothness isn't that great. Maybe more options, like other docks out there.

3. Faster preview of the file name when on grid/fan stack, much like matonga's latest version of the Stack Docklet.

4. More customizations ala RocektDock, like options to change the fonts used, etc.

5. The quality of the text isn't too good, especially on fan view of a stack.

(That's all I can think of ATM :P)

Overall, I'd have to say that it's a very innovative dock, and it might just become THE staple dock on every PC.

This dock is so amazing, it makes me think twice about RocketDock. But I can't make the jump to XWindowsDock because of some lacking essential features:

1. The ability to position the dock, whether at the top, bottom, left, or right of the monitor. Also, the ability to position it to the left, right, top, or bottom of the chosen side.

2. It hides itself too slow and the zooming smoothness isn't that great. Maybe more options, like other docks out there.

3. Faster preview of the file name when on grid/fan stack, much like matonga's latest version of the Stack Docklet.

4. More customizations ala RocektDock, like options to change the fonts used, etc.

5. The quality of the text isn't too good, especially on fan view of a stack.

(That's all I can think of ATM :P)

Overall, I'd have to say that it's a very innovative dock, and it might just become THE staple dock on every PC.

Yes, I fully agree with this.

I'v found an bug with window reflection: If there the dock reflects no windows, it reflects all Icons (I don't mean the icon mirrows).

unbenanntzvzb.jpg

The new stacks are looking so much better, Thanks Bobbah!

a little thing: not a big fan of the new "distorted" reflections( yet ), it would be nice to have an option to use the "normal" reflections instead.

and another little thing: it would be great if the "shortcuts to folders" in stacks could be replaced by any custom icon, instead of the default "folder icon". Thnks!

Take these little suggestion from someone that's willing to donate as soon as you update your PayPal account, Bobbah. Cheers!

i loveee ur dock! thers 1 problem tho, when i turn on magnification the reflection gets all scrunched.

that's it! I thought it was a new "distorted" reflection, but it's not. It gets distorted if "magnification" is enabled. Is it a bug? or is it to make it more according to the real laws of perspective??

Here r some requests, (probaly been posted b4 tho) :

- taller dock background, when u make the icon size larger the

dock small and looks weird.

- fixed magnification, make it not scrunch the reflection

- icons, ive noticed they get scrunched a bit 2, maybe just bcuz

my icons r 512 x 512

- fix the dock from becoming more transparent when turning on

window reflection.

- option 2 change the pictures overlay in stacks,

hopefully i can see some of these in the future (: thanks