XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey!! o Xmail esta conpativel com o XWD 5.2.2?????

se estiver como se configura?? eu tenho o G-mail mas não consegui configura-lo!!!!!

HELLLPP-MEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, i show it to you in pictures:

Sim, eu mostrar-te nas fotos:

where I can find the sounds of dock????

See the second picture:

Veja a segunda foto:

post-90085-1229455883_thumb.png

post-89-1229455883_thumb.png

Another one: If I try to open the game Call of Duty 4 from the stack I recieve an error. Sometimes because of allegedly missing files and sometimes because of adress violation.

This is an easy one to fix. You just have to right click the COD icon, go to edit, and set the work directory to be the same as the directory of the program (C:/Program Files/Call of Duty 4) or something like that.

Some programs need to know where they're installed in order to use the files they need.

I really love your new version ! I was using Rocketdock for a long time, but now I've switch.

The only thing I can't figure, is how I can minimize a firefox page and restore it by clicking on the firefox program icon. ( the one I use in the dock to start the program ).

The option I was using in rocketdock was "Open running application instance"

I tried in preference to use : "What to do when clicking" -> Either activate or run and only Run but It don't work.

The font in the grid stack is not very sharp.

This dock is near perfect !

Thank you

Julien

(sorry for my english)

So... I think very soon I'll be able to add in the next realese following things:

1. Lock icons

2. Exclude list of windows which minimize into the dock

3. Add timer to reaction of pop up dock when mouse is over

4. Add timer to change icons into another size when mouse is over

5. Change some bugs to save memory of the dock and also save CPU time

6. Check some problems when the dock try to start

7. Add option to change count of items to change size when mouse is over or near

So... it'll be able to be done only in 2 weeks :) or in the next year 2009...

Thanks for your understanding

So... I think very soon I'll be able to add in the next realese following things:

1. Lock icons

2. Exclude list of windows which minimize into the dock

3. Add timer to reaction of pop up dock when mouse is over

4. Add timer to change icons into another size when mouse is over

5. Change some bugs to save memory of the dock and also save CPU time

6. Check some problems when the dock try to start

7. Add option to change count of items to change size when mouse is over or near

So... it'll be able to be done only in 2 weeks :) or in the next year 2009...

Thanks for your understanding

Great! We will all think of a good christmas gift for you :)

Anyway I just realised when I set for ex. size of icons to 70 pixels, and 100 zoomed, the dock reacts when mouse is over those 100 pixels from bottom of an icon, which means, dock is starting to zoom BEFORE I even mouse over an icon. In some situations (for ex. working with Photoshop) this is really problematic.

Bobah, what about this theming addition - I mean, separate files for 2D backgrounds in one compiled theme?

And fonts. Those two things, just :)

Anyway, BIG THANKS!

yea.. I'm sure that one was meant to keep you from throwing your monitor out the window ;)

oh, and I discovered a typo in the Preferences window as follows:

settingsru8.jpg

I'm aware we can update our own language file, but I just wanted to inform so the dock comes correct out of the box :)

This error has already been done?

if I download the dock has already done?

Just a last little request, Vladimir :) I LOVE this feature to resize dock with mouse click and hold on separator. But everytime you for example resize dock and it overreaches size of zooming, its not zooming no more. Could you make it like this: when user resizes dock manually, the size of zoom grows/lowers proportionally to the new size. So if I have dock size 75 pix, zoom - 90 pix, and I resize dock manually to for example 80 pix, zoom size grows to 95 pix. :)

......and about this count of items to be zoomed :D Please make it possible to change like this 1,2 elements ... 1,3... 1,4... elements. Don't stick to "zoom 2 elements"... "zoom 4 elements". Let it be flexible. So it zooms 4 elements and a half of fifth for example.

Just wondering what sort of computers you are all using. On my pentium 4 with nvidia fx 5600 128 mo XWD was slow and the animation was very jumpy in previous versions, but now it's simply slow for everything. Even opening a stack, which used to be fast and smooth is now extreeeeeemely slow.

I mean, is my computer so obsolete ? Is this app only meant for dual core processors and pci express cards ?

Bobah13,

thank you for such a detailed report of next features and fixes. It gives us something to look forward to ^^

I have an issue which I hope you can also include a fix in your next release. A hefty bug but I'm not sure if anyone has reported it yet.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install XWD

2. Enable "Minimize Windows to Dock"

3. Select Genie Effect.

4. Open "My Computer"

5. Minimize "My Computer" window.

6. Open "My Computer" again (Lauch from Start Menu, or other shortcut) while first "My Computer" is still minimized.

7. "My Computer" Window will appear on the screen, however, the problem is, it will not be able to be minimized until you restore the original minimized "My Computer" window in the dock.

Could you please correct this bug. The dock should restore the original "My Computer" window (with Genie Effect,) when you attempt to open "My Computer" the 2nd time.

Related issue (another way to reproduce):

1. Install XWD

2. Enable "Minimize Windows to Dock"

3. Select Genie Effect.

4. Select: "Either Activate or Run"

5. Add MS Paint Shortcut to dock.

6. Click on MS Paint Shortcut on dock, open MS Paint window.

7. Minimize "MS Paint" window to dock.

8. Click on the MS Paint Dock shortcut again.

9. No Response from Dock.

If anyone else can confirm this behavior, I'd really appreciate it. The first issue I've experienced at home but cannot reproduce here since I have QTTabbar installed, whereas at home I do not.

But the 2nd issue I experience here, but have not had the chance to try it out on a different computer.

EDIT: Both machines are WindowsXP SP2/3

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I think I should post this in the bug report thread, will place there aswell.

Wow Denis is really contributing a lot to this thread :), I can also vouge for everything he is saying that needs to be fixed, especially the zooming glitch on the dock he mentioned earlier.

Thanks :) But we all can't forget to first of all be thankfull Vlad for his work and after he will surprise us with next version we gotta help this guy with some $ :)

Vladimir, I was just wondering about stacks. My idea is to:

-when you move file to stack, make ability for user to choose in preferences between options "what to do", so user can choose between creating shortcut in stack, moving file to stack and copying file to stack.

-when you double click stack, it could open folder of stack, it would be helpful when stack is empty and I just want to open up for example my Pictures folder, copy some files

-trash, give user ability to turn off this dialog "Are you sure about emptying the trash?". I delete lots of files due to some clean up on my PC and I LOVE to hear this sounds of "Full trash"/"Empty trash" but I'm tired of dialog :D hehehe

Sorry I'm writing about dozens of ideas, but this is just the way my mind works and I'm open person, don't wanna keep em to myself :)

I finally decided to use the Xmail Dockelt.

I have it set up on the dock, what do I need to put on the Host box?

Also the run on click box, what does it do?

Using Gmail btw

right click -> edit,

then for gmail:

Server: IMAP

Host: imap.googlemail.com

Username [email protected]

Password: yourpassword

Checked: use SSL

IMAP-folder: inbox

run on click - choose you mail app to run, for i.e. thunderbird

That's all :)

Thanks Dennis ^^

No idea what the host for Gmail was. lol

Is hotmail possible?

edit: where do i place the ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll files?

Also Im getting a socket error when I test the connection.

Did you read the install-instruction? Everything what you are asking is written there, including your gmail-account settings... http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....4730#post514730

(What is not written there, is your hotmail settings. As soon as you find out, please let me know, i will complete this info on the instructions, then.)