XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

i just think that doing new stack & other docklets is waste of time., this is how looks folder with my apps shortcuts:

48882366wp9.th.jpg

xwindows dock stack

59808042ot8.th.jpg

matongas stack

84291054ov4.th.jpg

animations are worse, names are fu*ked & icons loooks like in windows 3.11

thats my obserwations!!!!!

The icons look like that because you haven't changed them. You can do that by right-clicking and selecting edit. You can also change the animation defaults in the preferences menu too. I'm sure you will be able to find something that you are happy with.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think, the ability to use Matongas Stacks as an installable Docklet on XWinDock would be REALLY great! I like some things in Bobahs stacks better, and some in Matongas, so they will fill different needs and that would be an enrichment for the dock.

BUT this is NOTHING Bobah should think about or being nagged with. Like he wrote, his working time is limited, and there are more important things for him to focus.

However, it would be great, if someone other could make a port! But as an docklet developer, i know that this would be VERY time consuming and complicated, 'cause Matonga writes in C++ and so far nobody get XWinDocks API working with C++.

Conclusion: kiepas96, i would say your idea is noted, but this idea did come up MULTIPLE times before, and repeating this idea is not helpful at all. (Like so many other ideas are repeated senselessly, these days!!!!)

1.) Someone with C++ knowledge has to create a working API-Example (Matonga started one, but couldn't get to the end.)

2.) Someone with C++ knowledge has to be willing to spend a lot time, and work with Matongas approval on a port.

(With "someone" i mean emphatically someone other than Bobah!)

Until these two premises are filled, any request or discussion about porting Matongas-Stacks to Bobahs dock is complete nonsense.

As long as this is not done, i agree with Suzumushi:

Then port Matongas stack docklet to XWD yourself.

Just my 50 Cent :D

To tell you guys something, you all act like ****ING animals!

Bobah just gave you a ****ing update and your bugging him over and over again about something else.

Did anybody here ever stop and think that maybe he has a life outside of XWD.

You HAVE to give time for these things, they won't happen just because you snap and demand.

I think you guys should learn something about patience.

Bobah's been working hard at the dock and the website. If you guys want to argue about something,

maybe you should argue about who's going to be the first to pay for his web money or give him a hand in the dock.

BTW: I really don't see any difference in Matonga's stack or Bobah's, maybe someone should explain better.

I TOTALLY AGREE!~THANKS BOBAH, and come on people, you just got it for free !!! and started screamin like kids who prefers Matongas' stack and don't like new ones, which took Bobah's time and work to look better than old version....

I would say, a combination of these two things should do it, too:

(it can also solve the blurry icons, depending on your drawing skills...)

180px-TippexOldStyleBottle.jpg + 180px-Edding.jpg

HAHAHHA :) best answer I've ever seen :)

"kiepas", c'mon man...

Vladimir, this dock is the best dock we've ever had, seriously.

Take care of your studies! this is most important, and then try working a little bit more on magnification, just changing the wide of zoomed elements.

Peace

Nah, it's a nonsense-answer. I'm feeling sorry about it already. But if the same questions were asked over and over again, i guess i become kind of sarcastic... :o

It's better bein sarcastic rather than angry :) And I can't understand somebody like "kiepas" bein so rude after such a big update , especially - free update.

Can you imagine you just wrote a best dock for Windows ppl seen, and you tried to make some things better so you sat down all night to rewrote lines of code and somebody is telling you that something you wrote sucks and old IS BETTER THAN YOURS? Good if its true, but here it is not. DAMN!

Hey Bobah - charge for it.

If people are gonna be all like ">:|" at you, then leave this free one as is, and charge for new versions. Do it as a pay once, get it for life kinda thing, because I'll tell you one thing: Some of these people that demand new features wouldn't pay, nor could they do it themselves. Plus, uni is expensive ;)

It's better bein sarcastic rather than angry :) And I can't understand somebody like "kiepas" bein so rude after such a big update , especially - free update.

Can you imagine you just wrote a best dock for Windows ppl seen, and you tried to make some things better so you sat down all night to rewrote lines of code and somebody is telling you that something you wrote sucks and old IS BETTER THAN YOURS? Good if its true, but here it is not. DAMN!

IT IS NOT THE BEST DOCK FOR WINDOWS NOW MAYBE SOME DAY - it has many bugs

-sometimes i cant minimize windows to dock, it stays on screen or minimize do windows taskbar

-it not loads properly on start my vista (fresh legal sp1 install) dock arent visible

-captions in stack and main icons are wrong

-opacity of panel set to 100% and still transparent

Agree with poshi with this one.

It's really not cool for people to start demanding like this, when they can't even pay a cent...

If you don't have a credit card, then oh well... I guess' You'll have to stick with the free version...

i can pay for the app, i got money, but when i pay for something, must be good, for now is not

-sometimes i cant minimize windows to dock, it stays on screen or minimize do windows taskbar

-it not loads properly on start my vista (fresh legal sp1 install) dock arent visible

And :

-it's already fixed...

-I can't understand what do you mean ? because I fixed autostart if you meant it

-what specialy is wrong ? in the stack...

-it's because you use skin where background - panel has transparent :) and My dock can't do anything to fix it... for axample use default skin and then try to tell this thing again :)

So :) you said a lot of bugs which isn't bug ;) I think you understand me... because my english isn't so wide :)

And :

-it's already fixed...

-I can't understand what do you mean ? because I fixed autostart if you meant it

-what specialy is wrong ? in the stack...

-it's because you use skin where background - panel has transparent :) and My dock can't do anything to fix it... for axample use default skin and then try to tell this thing again :)

So :) you said a lot of bugs which isn't bug ;) I think you understand me... because my english isn't so wide :)

i agree on the last one my bad and im sorry, but

-nope :(

-app is loaded but its not visible (only on autostart)

-captions of shortcuts, look at my prev posts ex. shortcut name is 'Windows media center' on stack is 'eshell'

Looking for a best dock? Then buy yourself a Mac :)

Something must be wrong with your pc tho, on mine it works perfectly without these issues.

Even captions is, okay, after adding Windows Media Center you got some kinda short, but after you change it remains whatever you want.

Dock is not visible? Try hibernating your vista, on mine it works perfect. Out the box. Dock IS on the screen.

About minimizing, maybe you have other app installed which is taking control of windows? Or just graphic card drivers which causes effect of minimize to f"up.

tbh, I don't like the mac dock. Too locked down.

I've had issues with minimizing in the latest build, though it seems you DO cycle every 2 minutes, because it comes back :)

2) Maybe it's not starting up? If it doesn't have admin rights, I can't recall if it can set itself to startup, try placing it there manually.

3)Actually they're not :P

4)It uses PNG transparency, so if the image has an alpha channel, the dock will use it. This allows for an awful lot of control, and is awesome. The transparency feature just makes it transparent-er.

Don't wanna offend nobody but all Macs are NICE, but built for some kind of monkeys who can't access most of settings :) You cant do this, cant do that. So, in XWindows Dock you can do more :)

Just make it paid, shut all the haters, add windows reflections when you move it close to dock, ability to set width of zoom and I pay for it. School first, anyway :)

lol @ kiepas.

Seriously get out, you dont like the dock then go mess around with OD, RK or RD, simple as that.

Dont sign up at Aqua Soft if you're just gonna demand things.

Or surely don't demand nothing unless you not giving nothing out yourself :) This is the first and most important rule of every community.

I disagree, making bug-reports like he did in his last two post, is making much more sense to me, than his stupid feature requests...

Hey Kiepas91,

If you want to make the icons look better for XWD stacks, then open the stack and right click any icon to bring up an edit dialog. Click it then change it to any icon you want.

BTW you really should calm down dude. Stop whining like a baby just because the stacks aren't perfect.

If your going to insult Bobah you shouldn't use his damn dock.

I bet you don't have any idea how much time it take to do any of this, so just sit back and chill until the next update.

Read a book or something.

I know it's a bit late to weigh in on the XWindowsDock logo, but might I make a suggestion?

The Color scheme currently is a RED graphic on a black background. While this might be an appealing color combination, (who doesn't like black and red: the colour of passion,) it, unfortunately, shares it's visual cueues with "Danger/Error/Warning/etc."

Specifically, when the dock loads for the first time, the 'My Computer' Icon is of a screen with the Red on Black Logo within the monitor.

docklogoiq5.jpg

I keep looking down thinking some error has occured which requires my attention.

I suspect that's why quite a few companies research how color affects moods and consumer behaviour. (think Microsoft's baby blue,)

Thus, maybe you'd consider changing the logo's color to something more inviting, such as a green, yellow, or *gasp* a blue hue. I donno, just a friendly suggestion. ;)

I know it's a bit late to weigh in on the XWindowsDock logo, but might I make a suggestion?

The Color scheme currently is a RED graphic on a black background. While this might be an appealing color combination, (who doesn't like black and red: the colour of passion,) it, unfortunately, shares it's visual cueues with "Danger/Error/Warning/etc."

Specifically, when the dock loads for the first time, the 'My Computer' Icon is of a screen with the Red on Black Logo within the monitor.

docklogoiq5.jpg

I keep looking down thinking some error has occured which requires my attention.

I suspect that's why quite a few companies research how color affects moods and consumer behaviour. (think Microsoft's baby blue,)

Thus, maybe you'd consider changing the logo's color to something more inviting, such as a green, yellow, or *gasp* a blue hue. I donno, just a friendly suggestion. ;)

or maybe famous baby blue "error" PC screen? haha :)

or maybe famous baby blue "error" PC screen? haha :)

yea.. I'm sure that one was meant to keep you from throwing your monitor out the window ;)

oh, and I discovered a typo in the Preferences window as follows:

settingsru8.jpg

I'm aware we can update our own language file, but I just wanted to inform so the dock comes correct out of the box :)

Hey Bobah - charge for it.

If people are gonna be all like ">:|" at you, then leave this free one as is, and charge for new versions. Do it as a pay once, get it for life kinda thing, because I'll tell you one thing: Some of these people that demand new features wouldn't pay, nor could they do it themselves. Plus, uni is expensive ;)

Some people are bound to be asses. Best just to ignore them. All it does is fuel anger.